[3.9/3.10] HowTo Lightning Arrow Slayer - Cold or Lightning Stacking

Hello and thank you for the build. It's pretty fun so far.

I have a couple of noob questions (just started playing PoE so excuse the ignorance).

1. I understand that we are aiming for Elemental damage with this build. Theferefore, wouldn't it make more sense to pick the rest of the +ele dmg nodes around the Primeval Force node? Similarly, aren't the physical damage nodes a bit meh since we are mainly trying to boost our ele damage?

2. I noticed you pick a lot of cold dmg nodes and I see you explained earlier that you still benefit from frost dmg, hence those nodes. That being said, why not go all out with a cold skill and fully benefit from the additional cold damage, instead of using LA? I understand it's your personal preference but is the lightning forked damage somehow comperable to the extra cold dmg?

Thanks again for the awesome work. Keep it up!
"
SpyZ a écrit :
Hello and thank you for the build. It's pretty fun so far.

I have a couple of noob questions (just started playing PoE so excuse the ignorance).

1. I understand that we are aiming for Elemental damage with this build. Theferefore, wouldn't it make more sense to pick the rest of the +ele dmg nodes around the Primeval Force node? Similarly, aren't the physical damage nodes a bit meh since we are mainly trying to boost our ele damage?

2. I noticed you pick a lot of cold dmg nodes and I see you explained earlier that you still benefit from frost dmg, hence those nodes. That being said, why not go all out with a cold skill and fully benefit from the additional cold damage, instead of using LA? I understand it's your personal preference but is the lightning forked damage somehow comperable to the extra cold dmg?

Thanks again for the awesome work. Keep it up!

Hey, thanks for the kind words.

1. The thing in PoE is, that Ele Conversion is a bit unintuitive. You convert from phys to ele dmg, yes that is correct. But you can boost the physical damage first, and the bow only does physical damage. After this phys dmg increase you convert into the elemental damage types and boost them again. I chose all the damage nodes with the help of Path of Building which gives me an idea of the dps increase per node/cluster. So at this end the chosen nodes are the best dps-wise with the skills gems i use.

2. You can go all out on cold damage like the Mathil build using Hope Shredder for Scourge Arrow. If i would do it the paper dps might go up a bit because of the increased cold damage, that i have skilled. Thats basically what i am doing for the single target damage, except the quiver which is a cheap start with the extra elemental damage. In addition to that its currently really hard to compete with the dps of Lioneye's Glare and the 100% hit chance it provides.

Later on i might replace the Signal Flare with a +1 arrow rare quiver or sth, im not sure. Then its 100% cold. The advantage of the high lightning damage on the area clear is the possibility to shock packs. This happens alot because of the way LA works. It hits, splashes and most likely shocks.

It is late i hope that makes sense.
[GER] - IGN: HowToHarvest
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 13 déc. 2018 20:37:05
So you're the dude that bought my 5 link Belly 3 days into Betrayal, neat! I sold it for 50c, realized because of the coloring and the roll. Cheers mate, still need to update your gem link session to fit with your preference tho.
Dernière édition par oMySunshine, le 17 déc. 2018 12:16:50
Ive been enjoying this build a lot but the damage and safety still feels quite lacking especially with how rippy this league is. Any advice for improvements? Character is Knoetas.
"
Knoety a écrit :
Ive been enjoying this build a lot but the damage and safety still feels quite lacking especially with how rippy this league is. Any advice for improvements? Character is Knoetas.

Hey, ye thats sadly how it is after the barrage change. I love LA and was able to get my atlas done and beat most content but its currently really hard to get the build to a state of easy guardian farming and not dying, where i had it a few leagues ago. Its nice for shaper/elder map farming where you can chose the boss / dont have to do the boss.

Things you might want to do (without guarantee):

1) +1 Barrage proj is kinda cheap on starks (50c~)
2) Try Arborix instead of lioneye's, as a slayer you need atleast 400 or better 600 accuracy on your gear though (aim for 90-92% hit chance if poss)
3) a bit more life on jewels (might get expensive quiet fast)

All other options are 2ex+ i think and not worth it if you dont really want to go all out (e.g. +1 quiver, 2 abyss tombfist, dying sun, 4 stat jewelry, maybe crafted bow...). At around your state of gear progression i startet saving my currency for the first new build i wanted to try this league.
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 17 déc. 2018 19:35:14
Playing this build i love it ! But I seem to be running into having low INT an I'm not sure how 2 get around it if u can help me out that be great thanks
"
Ultralisk12 a écrit :
Playing this build i love it ! But I seem to be running into having low INT an I'm not sure how 2 get around it if u can help me out that be great thanks

Hey sadly your profile is private and i cant see your charater, but i usually get enough int from my skill tree (shadow area) and an agate amulet.

If that isn't enough take a +30 int node. If you really have to get a ring with int.
Nice work, thanks a lot! Im just at the beginning of my journey, think im on the right way. Dmg enough, but my survival is poor - need more resists. All the way, thanks again and good luck. Build is very simple and fun for play)
Hi! What about quiver, is The Signal Fire a good choice? Think to buy one with PointBlank. May be try some rare, but dont know which stats in priority to use...
Dernière édition par VamBeero, le 24 déc. 2018 07:57:05
"
VamBeero a écrit :
Hi! What about quiver, is The Signal Fire a good choice? Think to buy one with PointBlank. May be try some rare, but dont know which stats in priority to use...

As far as i can see the Signal Fire is a really cheap and strong choice, because of the huge amount of elemental damage and additional conversion for barrage. The corruption is not neccessary. I just bought like 10 and corrupted them for +1 arrow, the Point Blank is the best I got, because it saves 1 Skill Point.

All other unique quivers seem weaker for this kind of build. The rare one should at least have life/crit multi/elemental damage/+1 arrow and even then im not sure if its stronger.

Im done with my Cold Snap char, which i was farming for with the LA one. There will be more updates in the next days to this build.

In case anyone here wants my opinion on his/her gear feel free to pm me ingame - not here in the forum - or set your characters public and ask here in the thread. Until then, Merry Christmas!
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 24 déc. 2018 09:08:28

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires