[3.9/3.10] HowTo Lightning Arrow Slayer - Cold or Lightning Stacking

"
Jooksone a écrit :
Spoiler
"
trudikampfschaf a écrit :

Do you know, that you can reset a level 20 quality 0 gem to level 1 and quality 20? You only have to sell the level 20 gem with 1 gcp and you will get the 20% one. It should be easy to get them to 20/20 by yourself.

Gems like Hatred only get aura range and are not important (at least if youre playing alone).

If you do know about the reset mechanic and want to know what to focus on or what to buy to boost leveling its in general your main damage setup (e.g. Rain of Arrows) and the heralds. Just make sure to only buy gems you can use later.
Phew. I dont have a lot of SSF experience, but i guess you want to chance Starkonja's and Lioneye's. Its either not possible to chance the other ones or its easier to replace them with rares until you get the unique. The only question is if its worth it, because they are not that rare.

Thanks for reply. To clarify, I meant to ask what specific gems, in this build, grant the most benefit to quality. Basically, what is the priority of gems to quality. Some gems offer little to no benefit to quality in certain builds. I was just suggesting a section in gems for "quality priority" (or something similar).

Thanks again. Fun build.

I just checked it in PoB with my single target skill (Blast Rain, quality only grants increased area here). All support gems are equal important and the only gem that offered more dps with quality was Blood Rage. The attack speed gain is really big. Herald of Ice gave a bit less damage than the support gems.

You can play around with it by yourself pretty easy btw. Just import your character into PoB and change the levels in the skills section. You dont really have to change anything else to get an idea of the impact of each change.

tldr:
Blood Rage > single target support gems > [Barrage if you play it] > Herald of Ice

"
hydralisk999 a écrit :

worth use Carnage Hearth Onix Amulet?

TBH i dont like it on bow chars. For Melee builds its nice but you dont stack as much hp on your other gear if youre playing bow. In addition you loose a good slot with possible crit multi and elemental damage. You can definitely play it as a cheap starter but i would suggest you to use a rare amulet later on.
[GER] - IGN: HowToHarvest
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 27 juil. 2018 04:21:07
hi,
thanks for the guide, trying second bow character (am not that good at bow so trying it out:).

seems bit squishy on damage, may be am doing something wrong.

extra support from range totem was good. Clear was good but somehow felt squishy compared to other arc starter builds. Stopped at Kitava since died several times (this is my basic build test).
Dernière édition par Dragonnik1, le 19 août 2018 02:36:37
"
Dragonnik1 a écrit :
hi,
thanks for the guide, trying second bow character (am not that good at bow so trying it out:).

seems bit squishy on damage, may be am doing something wrong.

extra support from range totem was good. Clear was good but somehow felt squishy compared to other arc starter builds. Stopped at Kitava since died several times (this is my basic build test).

Hmm gear and skilltree look solid and the life on hit is enough. maybe get another body armor, boots and other gloves for some more hp.
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 20 août 2018 15:56:05
Well, this was worst league start I've ever had. Leveling was really hard, bows are too expencive in the beggining of the leauge, and build have too few life nodes, so without good gear I'm not able to farm even t1 maps without dying once or twice per map. Not saying this is a bad build, just not a good league starter. With a good amount of currency invested this could be a really nice build to push delves.
"
KuronekoBestGirl a écrit :
Well, this was worst league start I've ever had. Leveling was really hard, bows are too expencive in the beggining of the leauge, and build have too few life nodes, so without good gear I'm not able to farm even t1 maps without dying once or twice per map. Not saying this is a bad build, just not a good league starter. With a good amount of currency invested this could be a really nice build to push delves.

Hmm, im sorry to hear, that you had such an experience. Did you use Rain of Arrows for leveling? For me it was a piece of cake. I leveled with a friend and he traded me some additional items but it should still be good without.

If you have really bad luck try your luck and use an essence or alch on a white bow.

Gl hf for that rest of the league.
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 1 sept. 2018 11:40:37
I'm a new player (lvl 46) following your build and I have some questions :

Why does the build take a lot of cold damage in the passive tree if you use lightning arrow ?

When should I switch from RoA to lightning arrow ?

I'm feeling really weak during the levelling, is there anything I'm doing wrong ? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Naabi57

Thanks !

"
Naabi57 a écrit :
I'm a new player (lvl 46) following your build and I have some questions :

Why does the build take a lot of cold damage in the passive tree if you use lightning arrow ?

When should I switch from RoA to lightning arrow ?

I'm feeling really weak during the levelling, is there anything I'm doing wrong ? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Naabi57

Thanks !

The cold damage is because of Hatred and your Herald of Ice. In addition to that you convert some physical damage to cold (esp from your single target attack).

Last league i switched to LA when reaching maps. Its important to level a LA gem in your second gear slot! Otherwise you have to start at 1.

Try to get a bow with more physical damage. You scale physical damage and convert it to lightning with LA.

Sth like this: http://poe.trade/search/asitatonokaren

Sort by physical damage.

Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 8 sept. 2018 11:59:48
Hm just checking, Culling strike is gone now right? figure it would kill the overkill leech anyways if it was still there.
"
ValheruWolf a écrit :
Hm just checking, Culling strike is gone now right? figure it would kill the overkill leech anyways if it was still there.

The 20% cull is still available. The only thing, that got removed was the stun immunity.

As far as i know the overkill can still apply. If the monster has 21% hp and you deal 50% of his max hp with the next hit you overkill it and still leech. This should happen alot when clearing maps.
"
trudikampfschaf a écrit :
"
ValheruWolf a écrit :

The 20% cull is still available. The only thing, that got removed was the stun immunity.

As far as i know the overkill can still apply. If the monster has 21% hp and you deal 50% of his max hp with the next hit you overkill it and still leech. This should happen alot when clearing maps.

Yeah just noticed I can't read, lol. was looking for the words cull, but says "kill enemies instantly at 20% lol" so blind...

and yeah only really messed up overkill hp from bosses. but moot point for them really.
Dernière édition par ValheruWolf, le 15 sept. 2018 05:34:46

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires