[3.9/3.10] HowTo Lightning Arrow Slayer - Cold or Lightning Stacking

Switch Belly to Shroud + Frost Bomb(curse/assassin). Barrage with ele.penetration and debuffs works really good. Now I begin to feel the power (a little bit)😉 But I still have some problems with survival. Apparently this is still my fault, rather than gear. Evasion style...
"
VamBeero a écrit :
Switch Belly to Shroud + Frost Bomb(curse/assassin). Barrage with ele.penetration and debuffs works really good. Now I begin to feel the power (a little bit)😉 But I still have some problems with survival. Apparently this is still my fault, rather than gear. Evasion style...

Nah it is not really your fault. That's just how it is at the moment. You will die, especially in red maps against Betrayal enemies. IMO its not possbile to get to a state of tankiness of a MOM or ES char, like trapper or Cold Snap. At least with a reasonable amount of currency. But thats why i use this char to farm yellow or red shaped maps.

If you want to really do all content with a bow you have to switch to Scourge Arrow, which is totally broken at the moment as it freezes and oneshots most of the content. But thats not what i wanted to play, because i like LA and i know what it is capable of.

To try some last things with LA for this league i tried a few things:

1) Barrage helmet, ok, but not game breaking since additional Barrage projectiles got nerfed
2) Arborix, not that nice compared to a Lioneye's Glare with a nice Dps roll
3) rerolled to champion just for the fun, used 4 taunt nodes and 4 fortify nodes to get a bit more dmg reduction + 100% hit for arborix, its also meh compared to slayer lioneye's

That's basically it. I dont want to go all out on jewels + rings, as it is more fun to farm endgame content with my Cold Snap build at the moment.
[GER] - IGN: HowToHarvest
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 26 déc. 2018 15:56:48
Switched to Scion (Slayer/Deadeye), Added New Gear, will upload a vid soon, was able to get nice dmg/hp with some $$$
What is Blast Rain for? I understand it as LA for clear and Barrage single target?
Hi mate, really enjoying this build, big fan of big shatters, just finding the survivability a bit tough, and really struggling against single target (syndicate/bosses etc). Currently using LA/Barrage/blast rain

I'm pretty new to this game, I think I made my character public, any tips? I need to respec a few skills but I think my build is fairly close - gear is a bit sad at the moment but can't seem to find much better.

Should I focus exclusively on evade with my gear and get acrobatics?

how do I get more chaos resistance? at -30% right now :|

anyways, loving the build, thanks very much for all your hard work, hard to find a good bow character!

I have got a question. In the lights of the recent Dev Manifesto and nerf to the leech

"
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

is that will be a serious problem for that LA build? I was looking forward to go back to Lightning Arrow (as it was my 1st ever build when I was a potato, not a Exile) and I was really exciting for trying Slayer for the 1st time ever. But, is that nerf hit us as hard as it seems to be? Or if I am not intended to run Darkness Delve farming and/or Uber Lab farming (I usually run it once or twice per league, don't like it in it's current state) that change should not be a real issue?

I know that more details will be shared with us in tomorrow Patch Notes, but maybe you got any idea about that change right now.

Cheers
ING: Leesaurk
"
Leesaurk a écrit :
I have got a question. In the lights of the recent Dev Manifesto and nerf to the leech

"
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

is that will be a serious problem for that LA build? I was looking forward to go back to Lightning Arrow (as it was my 1st ever build when I was a potato, not a Exile) and I was really exciting for trying Slayer for the 1st time ever. But, is that nerf hit us as hard as it seems to be? Or if I am not intended to run Darkness Delve farming and/or Uber Lab farming (I usually run it once or twice per league, don't like it in it's current state) that change should not be a real issue?

I know that more details will be shared with us in tomorrow Patch Notes, but maybe you got any idea about that change right now.

Cheers

Hey the life leech thing sucks but i think its mainly qol. The leech itself should still be fine, but the time the overleech stays active got reduced. This might suck for some situations or immunity phases.

All in all its ok i think, but IMO u should be really sure, if u want to play a bow char.
Hey, thank you for the guide! Definitely made getting into PoE much easier, thanks to you.
I was wondering with the nerf to Tombfist (no longer increasing attack speed), what pairs of gloves would you recommend?
I started playing PoE when it came out for PS4, for my first character I followed a gladiator BF build, I got to lvl 61 with them and don't get me wrong, I liked the build, but wanted to try something new before I got too invested in them before realizing I liked another style. I was looking at bow builds and most of them seemed to be scion or ranger, and I wanted something different which lead to me coming across this guide, and while it wasn't 3.6 but 3.5, I didn't think it would've been that different and I could still follow it very closely. First of all thank you for this guide, second of all I'm glad to report that it has been a blast and I am loving it a lot more than BF Gladiator. I'm only level 54 at the moment but already have most of the gear I'll need, albeit pretty low rolls overall. I'm about to get a belly and the only thing I'm not liking are these PS4 trade prices, haha.

Crit LA seems to go well with the buffed slayer ascendancy, might trying this build out as a league starter

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires