[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

I'm still pushing the HCSSF ladder right now, hanging out in top 20 and slowly climbing. I didn't have that much time to play last 2 days so that definitely impacts my ability to climb, plus i was i setting up atlas for my strategy. Getting to level 100 should take around 8-9 days more, then i'll do big update to the guides... unless my climb ends prematurely.

"
glappoid a écrit :
Spoiler
Heya, I posted a while back about adding "Farric Wolf Alpha" to your bow crafting section. It does "add prefix, remove suffix", 100% guarantees the +1 gems slam with Cannot Roll Attack Mods, and costs ~10c. I have used it on 10-15 bows since Bestiary was re-introduced, mine and friends. At this point slamming with a raw exalt is unecessarily expensive by 5-10x, and the beastcraft should be standard practice for in any "CRAM-->slam" craft, unless you're making it so early in league the beast isn't available.

Rank 3 Leo in Research for his "exalt slam" bench is also an option, a perfectly valid "free" alternative to 1 raw exalt, that a lot of players are unaware of. I have definitely used this at least once early league to finish a bow when I didn't have the pure ex.

Also, keep in mind, you do not need full suffixes for the +1 gems slam to work. This leaves potential for starting (at least attempting) a multi-modded bow "clean" by regal'ing a pure Vicious Proj Roll, crafting CRAM, and hoping Farric wolf Alpha removes the natural suffix. You could also try to pure annul the natural suffix before CRAM + beast slam. Either method would leave you with only just +1 gems and Vicious Proj.

Also, perhaps less useful, OR a godsend: Farric Lynx Alpha (add suffix, remove prefix) is similarly cheap, and could be used in an attempt to "save" a bow that regal'd a prefix, ESPECIALLY ones that rolled +Arrow/Culling Strike/Elder Atk Speed. After a disappointing regal, 10-15c for a 50/50 chance to save a possibly once in POE-lifetime roll is definitely worth it :D

In *ANY* case, do *NOT* craft CRAM and beast slam if the bow has a trash prefix from the regal. While it technically works, the open prefix is crucial to craft NA Chaos Multi/+2 Support Gems/whatever suits your bow.

edit: also, the Elder Bow crafting section doesn't include using Perfect Fossils to quality the bow, also pretty standard practice at this point for 6Ling blank items and worth the reduced potential fusing cost.

I've already answered that like 2-3 months ago. My stance didn't change, it will be addressed when i make a crafting mechanics guide.

I do mention perfect fossil for bonus quality, check again.

"
Bojaroff a écrit :
Hey! love the build and playing with a 6L. Was wondering if Deadly Ailments support gem is to be considered instead of something else? If it even works?

Caustic Arrow is not an ailment. It doesn't work.

"
Bl4ckS4bbath a écrit :
Spoiler
Hi! I'm loving this build and this morning I was using some alterations and regals on my elder bow and got this! since I'm new at crafting could you please help me. I need advice on what's the best way to finish this bow for this build.

Edit:

I read the crafting section of the guide and finished with this baby

Now THAT'S a godlike bow. Glad that my crafting section was helpful to you before i could answer (yesterday was a very rough day for me).

I assume that you crafted "Cannot roll Attack Mods" and slammed twice? That was the best course of action you could do, you lucked out on top of it with the increased AoE (only up to 10% but still great).

The bow itself is not top tier offensively (without faceted fossil), but +1 arrow makes all the difference in the world.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 14 juin 2019 02:12:09
Hi there. I'm a new player.
I can not get one thing. You have stated that jewels are very powerful. But in your Passive Tree there is no jewels nodes at all! I'm confused.
"
ronletdale a écrit :
I can not get one thing. You have stated that jewels are very powerful. But in your Passive Tree there is no jewels nodes at all! I'm confused.

You start spec'ing into jewels past lvl 94 - hence you won't see them.

"
DankawSL a écrit :
I'm still pushing the HCSSF ladder right now, hanging out in top 20 and slowly climbing. I didn't have that much time to play last 2 days so that definitely impacts my ability to climb, plus i was i setting up atlas for my strategy. Getting to level 100 should take around 8-9 days more, then i'll do big update to the guides... unless my climb ends prematurely.

You are doing awesome! #1 raider for sure :D
Dernière édition par JSquare, le 14 juin 2019 23:47:36
thanks for the guide.

i really enjoyed the leveling process - struggling with legion encounter after getting to maps / and my dmg seems super bad (so is my gear) but its really good for survival. I only play softcore but try to not die and its working really well so far.

do i do something wrong with the totems thou? they die instantly :(
"
ronletdale a écrit :

They have highest potential, but other gear upgrades are simply more important. Before that level it's better to focus on your core gear rather than getting slight advantage comapred to other nearby nodes.

"
JSquare a écrit :
You are doing awesome! #1 raider for sure :D

Depends on my and the other raider's time. I have tanky as hell build so i shouldn't die, he has better clear so he will catch up to me eventually. The race might be close... assuming none of us dies.

"
LimYoOi a écrit :
Spoiler
thanks for the guide.

i really enjoyed the leveling process - struggling with legion encounter after getting to maps / and my dmg seems super bad (so is my gear) but its really good for survival. I only play softcore but try to not die and its working really well so far.

You're SSF, so additional hardships are definitely here. Legion is very difficult to tag with CA without overkill damage that allows you to use GMP or the normal gear with bonus projectiles (Dying Sun + shaper quiver). Bonus setup like Bane + Despair can help clearing trash monster so you can focus on tagging rares with CA. I'll touch on this when i make an update.

For now, you should focus on farming Imperial Legacy card (drops in T1 Desert and T8 Dunes). That's your best bet at progressing through the game in SSF smoothly.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 15 juin 2019 17:54:55
Hi DankawSL, thanks for the build. It seems really well thought out and executed.

I am still trying to decide between this build and Holy Flame Totem heiro. How is this build for cracking open the legion content? Do you have any videos?

Thanks!
"
LimYoOi a écrit :

Forgot to answer to that one. Not really, they are fragile. You can quickly recast them (need quality on Spell Totem and Multiple Totems supports). Also try to cast them somewhere on the side of the boss, so the totems won't get damaged by boss targetting you or will serve as a decoy instead.

"
Datura33 a écrit :
Hi DankawSL, thanks for the build. It seems really well thought out and executed.

I am still trying to decide between this build and Holy Flame Totem heiro. How is this build for cracking open the legion content? Do you have any videos?

Thanks!

I'll probably upload some videos today night. I recorded lvl 83 today already, might as well record some T16 farming action.

I mentioned legion very recently - without good damage and coverage, you won't be able to break too many mobs. I consistently break almost one full army in SSF. With investment (+3 7-link elder bow, Dying Sun and +1 arrow quiver) it should be possible to tag nearly whole two armies.

About totems - from my experience they're EXTREMELY boring to play. Insanely strong especially on budget, but that playstyle is not for everyone.
I guess there's not gonna be a video after all:

So basically i received 2 big hits in very short time period, with the only mobs capable of hitting me were Ephij (spawned on right side, you can see portal) and 2 flicker strike beyond mobs (came from the left corridor). I couldn't be hit with an attack twice considering my evasion, even without my flasks up (roughly 8 attacks required to hit me). I assume i got hit by flicker once for ~4k life, so where did my remaining 2,5k life disappear? There's no corpses to be exploded and Ephij deals laughable damage with spells, not even crit could kill me. On top of that, he was alive for maybe 2 seconds at best. To note, my flasks were definitely up except for maybe jade flask which i tend to miss sometimes. So... what killed me? I don't know, it's possible that i desynced and DD got me. I died at lvl 97, #14 on the ladder.

This is second death where i'm actually clueless how i did manage to get deleted, the other one was in betrayal where pack of 10 magic delve bats killed me in fraction of second (and it should not be possible). Thanks to that i've set up replay function in OBS. I'll be using it during my high level grinding from now on. Expect a rip clip next time.

What's next - right now i'll focus on the guides. Next is making new character, i wanted to create melee bleed gladiator in a trade league. Unfortunately there are big issues with trading atm so i'll just reroll the same and run again for 100. THE FUN NEVER ENDS.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 16 juin 2019 17:17:32
Rip man. I've been following along (also playing this build in SSFSC), and I tried to load your POB today and was confused why I couldn't find your SSFHC character. Now I know why.

Thanks for the guide.
Spoiler
"
DankawSL a écrit :
I guess there's not gonna be a video after all:

So basically i received 2 big hits in very short time period, with the only mobs capable of hitting me were Ephij (spawned on right side, you can see portal) and 2 flicker strike beyond mobs (came from the left corridor). I couldn't be hit with an attack twice considering my evasion, even without my flasks up (roughly 8 attacks required to hit me). I assume i got hit by flicker once for ~4k life, so where did my remaining 2,5k life disappear? There's no corpses to be exploded and Ephij deals laughable damage with spells, not even crit could kill me. On top of that, he was alive for maybe 2 seconds at best. To note, my flasks were definitely up except for maybe jade flask which i tend to miss sometimes. So... what killed me? I don't know, it's possible that i desynced and DD got me. I died at lvl 97, #14 on the ladder.

This is second death where i'm actually clueless how i did manage to get deleted, the other one was in betrayal where pack of 10 magic delve bats killed me in fraction of second (and it should not be possible). Thanks to that i've set up replay function in OBS. I'll be using it during my high level grinding from now on. Expect a rip clip next time.

What's next - right now i'll focus on the guides. Next is making new character, i wanted to create melee bleed gladiator in a trade league. Unfortunately there are big issues with trading atm so i'll just reroll the same and run again for 100. THE FUN NEVER ENDS.

Damn that sucks... Have fun with your next char tho.. pressure to be #1 is off :P

I haven't had much time to play this league and having random disconnects four to five times a day which a tech came in today and changed some wires (fingers crossed issue resolved). These disconnects are infrequent but unfortunately one happened to me vs maligaro A9. RIP. Getting back at it again though - SSFHC is just too fun and I'm liking this build :D Though I haven't had much luck yet getting the Deadly Rivalry prophecy to pop yet haha. But I have the cannot roll attack mods (lucky drop from legion gave me #5 of the prophecy).

I feel like betrayal dropping veiled items has been nerfed hard - used to get multiple items per encounter, now I'll be lucky to get one.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires