[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL a écrit :
June 10th, 2019

"
Terrutas a écrit :
Spoiler
I see. Thanks for the information.
Though, your classic build section claims that ED will not work at all unless you are holding a Staff. Has this been changed?
Because I also am feeling the lack of single target damage, obviously. And I'm considering getting ED as well, since the lack of incubators hurts :<

As for mana problems, I find that using a Hybrid flask as my second flask instead of a second Divine works very well. They restore close to the same amount of health and it solves my mana problems pretty much entirely. Try it if you want.

Also curious about the Flesh And Bone, if that's the name. It seems like it wouldn't do anythin for this build?

This is still the case 100%. Have in mind that it's problem with weapon swapping. If you have ED setup in your normal gear (like i have in my boots), then you won't encounter any issues.

Feel free to get ED setup. It works extremely well early on. However if you play trade league, then you should simply get your 6-link bow ASAP.

Yep, hybrid flask should solve the problems (assuming you have the in the first place). Personally not a fan since i'm so used to 2 instant hp flasks.

I mentioned Flesh and Stone earlier, it's ridiculous overpowered aura ESPECIALLY for this build. Changes to accuracy/evasion hurt the build quite badly.

I actually tried to use ED setup on my gloves. It did end up going through enemies. So I'm not sure I understand.

As for Flesh And Stone, I'm not sure I understand how that works, either. Doesn't it require Blood And Sand to function? If not, it defaults to Sand Stance where it blinds nearby enemies?

Also, you could just use instant Hybrid Flask :p
Played the build in Synthesis Flashback as a trickster, which was great. Pretty much played self-found/crafted from level 1 to shaper without having to care about buying any stuff, so i hoarded all currency to buy a synthesis-bow-base. In Standard i re-crafted the bow, because i want to play the build again, but es-based. The result is a lvl33-ca bow...

… not too bad.

Great guide and build, can recommend to play it as much for a leaguestarter as for endgame.
Dernière édition par basta1982, le 11 juin 2019 04:55:37
By the way, general question. Do we benefit more from Non-Ailment Chaos Damage Modifier increase or Chaos Damage Increase?
Dernière édition par Terrutas, le 11 juin 2019 12:03:19
Just wondering why you wouldn't grab the "Farsight" cluster?
Exiled for Eternity
"
Terrutas a écrit :
I actually tried to use ED setup on my gloves. It did end up going through enemies. So I'm not sure I understand.

As for Flesh And Stone, I'm not sure I understand how that works, either. Doesn't it require Blood And Sand to function? If not, it defaults to Sand Stance where it blinds nearby enemies?

Also, you could just use instant Hybrid Flask :p

You have +2 pierce from the tree, so the projectile will pierce. The "bug" is that ED projectile will not apply the debuff.

No, it doesn't require anything else. It allows you to change stances similarly to Blood and Sand.

Nah, hybrid flask is strictly worse than life flask itself. Like i said i'm only having problems in legion (well not anymore, but i'm sticking to MA for now).

"
Terrutas a écrit :
By the way, general question. Do we benefit more from Non-Ailment Chaos Damage Modifier increase or Chaos Damage Increase?

In almost every single case non-ailment chaos DoT multiplier is better than chaos damage.

"
smartybarty a écrit :
Just wondering why you wouldn't grab the "Farsight" cluster?

Jewels are better, from that point you should have enough money to easily grab good jewels and socket them if you're above level 93

Farsight is great and efficient cluster if you benefit from accuracy and attack speed, which this build has enough to feel very smooth. Other clusters offer more beneficial stats to the build and jewels are stronger from now on so... there's simply not enough points to include it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I have other question...
With investment of 1 mirror (yes, i dropped it in first 18h of the league - keeping it for more value) is it possible to make this build to just 2-3 shot shaper with CA?

I just love this playstyle (H&R)!
Dernière édition par neiso92, le 11 juin 2019 18:27:02
Gratulations on finding the mirror, a feat that many have and will achieve.

With enough investment, it's possible to get over 1 million shaper dps without sacrificing defences by one bit, realistically. That would be around ~10 seconds to phase shaper. By choosing highest damage ascendancies (Trickster/Occultist) you can speed it up by ~2 seconds or so. Considering the duration of the arrow, it's total ~3 arrows at full duration.

Mirror is more money than necessary to reach near maximum cap on damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Heya, I posted a while back about adding "Farric Wolf Alpha" to your bow crafting section. It does "add prefix, remove suffix", 100% guarantees the +1 gems slam with Cannot Roll Attack Mods, and costs ~10c. I have used it on 10-15 bows since Bestiary was re-introduced, mine and friends. At this point slamming with a raw exalt is unecessarily expensive by 5-10x, and the beastcraft should be standard practice for in any "CRAM-->slam" craft, unless you're making it so early in league the beast isn't available.

Rank 3 Leo in Research for his "exalt slam" bench is also an option, a perfectly valid "free" alternative to 1 raw exalt, that a lot of players are unaware of. I have definitely used this at least once early league to finish a bow when I didn't have the pure ex.

Also, keep in mind, you do not need full suffixes for the +1 gems slam to work. This leaves potential for starting (at least attempting) a multi-modded bow "clean" by regal'ing a pure Vicious Proj Roll, crafting CRAM, and hoping Farric wolf Alpha removes the natural suffix. You could also try to pure annul the natural suffix before CRAM + beast slam. Either method would leave you with only just +1 gems and Vicious Proj.

Also, perhaps less useful, OR a godsend: Farric Lynx Alpha (add suffix, remove prefix) is similarly cheap, and could be used in an attempt to "save" a bow that regal'd a prefix, ESPECIALLY ones that rolled +Arrow/Culling Strike/Elder Atk Speed. After a disappointing regal, 10-15c for a 50/50 chance to save a possibly once in POE-lifetime roll is definitely worth it :D

In *ANY* case, do *NOT* craft CRAM and beast slam if the bow has a trash prefix from the regal. While it technically works, the open prefix is crucial to craft NA Chaos Multi/+2 Support Gems/whatever suits your bow.

edit: also, the Elder Bow crafting section doesn't include using Perfect Fossils to quality the bow, also pretty standard practice at this point for 6Ling blank items and worth the reduced potential fusing cost.
Dernière édition par glappoid, le 11 juin 2019 23:33:58
Hey! love the build and playing with a 6L. Was wondering if Deadly Ailments support gem is to be considered instead of something else? If it even works?
Dernière édition par Bojaroff, le 13 juin 2019 14:54:52
Hi! I'm loving this build and this morning I was using some alterations and regals on my elder bow and got this! since I'm new at crafting could you please help me. I need advice on what's the best way to finish this bow for this build.

Edit:

I read the crafting section of the guide and finished with this baby

Dernière édition par Bl4ckS4bbath, le 13 juin 2019 20:49:42

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires