[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Is tagging monoliths a problem for the build? I'm a new player in Poe but I can tell it is an important thing in this league. Also I cant hit the caustic to backline when there are alot of mobs, is that make an issue for clearspeed? The arrow hits the front one and poisons the front ground..
Dernière édition par Elloktrik, le 8 juin 2019 12:01:24
Another few discoveries:
* i ditched Dash in the end. With high movement speed it doesn't add that much speed while my hand is free from pressing 1 button over and over again. Back to using Blink Arrow only.
* checked Flesh and Stone, it also allows you to switch stances. You can have sand stance permanently, making it a better Dread Banner. If you can reduce the mana reservation in order to fit it into the build - do it ASAP. It's RIDICULOUS survivability boost.
* i can tag majority of legion with GMP, but i'm not doing well with rares atm due to having only +1 4-link bow... in yellow maps. Helping myself a bit with ED setup.
* speaking of ED, the new animation cancelling and me having total 62% projectile speed, makes casting it EXTREMELY smooth. I wish i could try out weapon swap ED again.
* Imperial Legacy card is not as common as i thought. Still got 6/22, maybe one day...

Overall, there's a lot of options now how to reserve mana etc. I'll have make a bigger gem setups revamp in next update.

"
Elloktrik a écrit :
Is tagging monoliths a problem for the build? I'm a new player in Poe but I can tell it is an important thing in this league. Also I cant hit the caustic to backline when there are alot of mobs, is that make an issue for clearspeed? The arrow hits the front one and poisons the front ground..

As you progress towards end game, it will become easier to tag legion armies. Early in the game you should use pierce support, it allows to hit backline as well. Overall, the density of the legion is too small to have very good results at tagging. Personally, i'm capable of tagging ~70% of legion monsters but have some problems with the big rares as my bow sucks badly right now.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 8 juin 2019 22:48:25
"
DankawSL a écrit :
"
gergmt a écrit :
There is a new movement skill called dash, is it possible that itt will be better than blink arrow?

I don't see reason to use dash personally. Build primarly uses high movement speed to travel, Blink Arrow is only to cross gaps, escape sticky situations or just backtravel from a dead end. You can totally use it if you like.

"
Anton__Chigur a écrit :
It was just bad luck, finally got it today after many more tries. Still haven't found the primevil ruins and I gotta 6 link it now :(. And there are only 2 immortal resolve cards on the PS4 trade market. It's either gonna take 4-5 thousand fusings if I'm really lucky or I'll wait until I find the ruins.

Oh man, you should've 6-link it first with 40%+ quality, as quality increases probability to connect the sockets. I actually mention it somewhere in right before crafting methods in elder bow crafting. Oh well, what's lost is lost. I personally always attempt to fuse it rather than craft, it's more efficient in the long run. Then again, sometimes you get the bad streaks and it feels awful...

Primeval Ruins start spawning around 250 depth (or used to?). Gotta dig deeper if you want to find it.

I haven't played in about 3 or 4 years but came back for PS4. So thanks for the tip on the quality. I went ahead an annulled a suffix on the bow and added +10% quality with the crafting bench so it's 30% now and just spammed about 1500 fusings and no luck. I have historically bad luck with 6 linking things. It took over 4K fusings for me to get the trophy on PS4 and now I'm trying to sell all my exalts for fusings. So I'm 1500 down and will probably take 3K more at least for me

30% was the best I could do with it
Dernière édition par Anton__Chigur, le 8 juin 2019 23:40:29
Love the way you set up your page.
Thanks for the build ideas
Amazing guide. I started playing not so long time ago and with your help finally started comfortly going through all content. With 3.6 tree i got 68k CA with unfinished 5l bow. With legion tree i now lost 500 life but got 94k CA, good trade. Many thanks!
"
DankawSL a écrit :

* Imperial Legacy card is not as common as i thought. Still got 6/22, maybe one day...

It also drops in Dunes. With them increasing the droprate of stone hammers by a crapton, you can afford to chisel some Dunes maps every now and then if you want to try to farm for that card. Frankly, farming the card is probably going to be faster than farming fusings or going for the recipe via delve.

edit: nevermind just checked out your character lol
I noticed you have mirage archer in both the equip section and on your own character in your CA setup. Is this because you use ED?
Also if it's not too much effort to detail, I'm new to the game and I've googled some guides up but none really explain how to get specific veiled recipes from syndicate. Is it even possible? or do I just have to get lucky?
Dernière édition par Terrutas, le 9 juin 2019 18:44:11
"
Anton__Chigur a écrit :
Spoiler
I haven't played in about 3 or 4 years but came back for PS4. So thanks for the tip on the quality. I went ahead an annulled a suffix on the bow and added +10% quality with the crafting bench so it's 30% now and just spammed about 1500 fusings and no luck. I have historically bad luck with 6 linking things. It took over 4K fusings for me to get the trophy on PS4 and now I'm trying to sell all my exalts for fusings. So I'm 1500 down and will probably take 3K more at least for me

Indisponible

30% was the best I could do with it

God damn, first fossils and now this... F

"
alert339 a écrit :
Amazing guide. I started playing not so long time ago and with your help finally started comfortly going through all content. With 3.6 tree i got 68k CA with unfinished 5l bow. With legion tree i now lost 500 life but got 94k CA, good trade. Many thanks!

The damage change is way smaller in the end game. Old tree relied more on gear (quality on gems + helmet enchant), now damage comes from tree and it's bigger on top of that. Better for average player for sure.

"
Terrutas a écrit :
Spoiler
"
DankawSL a écrit :

It also drops in Dunes. With them increasing the droprate of stone hammers by a crapton, you can afford to chisel some Dunes maps every now and then if you want to try to farm for that card. Frankly, farming the card is probably going to be faster than farming fusings or going for the recipe via delve.

edit: nevermind just checked out your character lol
I noticed you have mirage archer in both the equip section and on your own character in your CA setup. Is this because you use ED?
Also if it's not too much effort to detail, I'm new to the game and I've googled some guides up but none really explain how to get specific veiled recipes from syndicate. Is it even possible? or do I just have to get lucky?

I found out about Dunes dropping the card today as well. Farming the card wasn't an option, but a necessity for SSF pretty much. I saved a lot of fusings for the future elder bow.

I personally don't do chisel recipe, but i'm also slowly running out of them once i finally start to use them... Never reach critical points yet tho.

Currently using Mirage Archer primarly due to my problems with mana (kinda can't fit Clarity inside atm), i'm running OOM during legion tagging as my amulet doesn't restore mana anymore. I've made ED setup because i was using 4-link +1 bow for a very long time. Once i hit yellow maps, my single target just suffered a lot. I'm still keeping it for that extra dps.

Veiled recipes are random, just run enough of the syndicate and you'll get lucky eventually. Some mods drop only from certain syndicate members. Obviously, items can choose veiled mod from the pool that's assigned to their item type (so weapons can't roll maximum life mods for example).
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 9 juin 2019 19:56:36
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
"
DankawSL a écrit :

I personally don't do chisel recipe, but i'm also slowly running out of them once i finally start to use them... Never reach critical points yet tho.

Currently using Mirage Archer primarly due to my problems with mana (kinda can't fit Clarity inside atm), i'm running OOM during legion tagging as my amulet doesn't restore mana anymore. I've made ED setup because i was using 4-link +1 bow for a very long time. Once i hit yellow maps, my single target just suffered a lot. I'm still keeping it for that extra dps.

Veiled recipes are random, just run enough of the syndicate and you'll get lucky eventually. Some mods drop only from certain syndicate members. Obviously, items can choose veiled mod from the pool that's assigned to their item type (so weapons can't roll maximum life mods for example).

I see. Thanks for the information.
Though, your classic build section claims that ED will not work at all unless you are holding a Staff. Has this been changed?
Because I also am feeling the lack of single target damage, obviously. And I'm considering getting ED as well, since the lack of incubators hurts :<

As for mana problems, I find that using a Hybrid flask as my second flask instead of a second Divine works very well. They restore close to the same amount of health and it solves my mana problems pretty much entirely. Try it if you want.

Also curious about the Flesh And Bone, if that's the name. It seems like it wouldn't do anythin for this build?
Dernière édition par Terrutas, le 9 juin 2019 22:51:08
Saw a video yesterday, how ED + Contagion insta tags the whole legion mob. Is there a way to adopt this build to somehow use ED+Contagion for this purpose?
June 10th, 2019
Gem Setups:
* Added Efficacy as an optional replacement to Concentrated Effect.
* Added Flesh and Stone, as a replacement to Dread Banner once you're able to deal with mana.
* Added Enlighten as an optional support to auras
* These changes are only a "bandaid fix". The entire section now needs a rework. It used to do it's job, but as more setups arrive it became extremely cluttered and confusing at this point.

Levelling and Progression:
* Added Dash as a very strong movement tool during storyline. It's usefulness diminishes as you gain movement speed.

"
Terrutas a écrit :
Spoiler
I see. Thanks for the information.
Though, your classic build section claims that ED will not work at all unless you are holding a Staff. Has this been changed?
Because I also am feeling the lack of single target damage, obviously. And I'm considering getting ED as well, since the lack of incubators hurts :<

As for mana problems, I find that using a Hybrid flask as my second flask instead of a second Divine works very well. They restore close to the same amount of health and it solves my mana problems pretty much entirely. Try it if you want.

Also curious about the Flesh And Bone, if that's the name. It seems like it wouldn't do anythin for this build?

This is still the case 100%. Have in mind that it's problem with weapon swapping. If you have ED setup in your normal gear (like i have in my boots), then you won't encounter any issues.

Feel free to get ED setup. It works extremely well early on. However if you play trade league, then you should simply get your 6-link bow ASAP.

Yep, hybrid flask should solve the problems (assuming you have the in the first place). Personally not a fan since i'm so used to 2 instant hp flasks.

I mentioned Flesh and Stone earlier, it's ridiculous overpowered aura ESPECIALLY for this build. Changes to accuracy/evasion hurt the build quite badly.

"
KGB_ a écrit :
Saw a video yesterday, how ED + Contagion insta tags the whole legion mob. Is there a way to adopt this build to somehow use ED+Contagion for this purpose?

Yes, you can. I pick the ascendancy purely for defensive purposes after all. Simply use classic tree and you should be fine, but less efficient compared to dedicated ED tree that should probably go more towards top side of the tree. Or you can use ED for clearing by default and CA for single target, such option also exists.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 10 juin 2019 12:49:59

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires