3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
DrRats a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Jygallak a écrit :
"
DrRats a écrit :
Going to use enlighten plus reduced Mana nodes so I can use vitality, purity of fire, and malevolence. This should be a good damage boost without the 4+ex ammy and keeping the life regen. Thoughts??

Well i chose the option to run Vitality + Purity of Fire + Purity of Ice / Aspect of the spider
if you really want the DPS i would rather go for the combo with Aspect of the Spider, as pretty much each of the 4 points spent in the reduced mana reservation wheel cost DPS as well - Haven't analysed it with your gear, but in my case i would just loose a lot of HP or other stats just for about 1,5k dps

I think if you don't have a Watcher's eye with + life recovery with vitality AND Malevolence the investment isn't worth it at all.
IMO the Aul's amulet (malevolence reserves no mana) alone isn't worth the investment as well without this jewel - i would rather choose Xoph's heart in that case then

I already have the 3 points for the reduced mana reservation so I can use purity of ice/vitality/purity of fire...So one more point and I could have the mana for malevolence (So i would only be using one extra skill point). So that would be 20% more damage over time and with 20% quality of malevolence, I would have 20% increased area of affect. This would let me replace Efficacy and inc area of effect for swift affliction/arcane surge for another 20% more dmg (Yes my area of effect would be smaller but I don't think the 25% less would be too noticeable). That's 40% more damage without much sacrifice (I would favor the dmg boost above the extra 4% max cold resists).

How much extra dmg does aspect of the spider do? Seems like it could be expensive to get that on an item...In the guide it looks to be only up to 15% more dmg..

Yes i know you just need 1 more point (+ Enlighten lvl 3 linked to all 3 auras) but i meant these 4 points, included the 3 points you already have spent there (which you could already spend elsewhere if you link that enlighten lvl 3 to 2 of your auras).
Also the Quality area of Effect of Auras just effects the aura itself (all auras have this quality effect btw)
So malevolence has nothing to do with the 20% more dmg from your Gemsetup
Also Aspect of the Spider slows enemies, which comes in handy quite often. But of course you need a good slot for Aspect (where no gem can mess with the mana reservation)

So you sacrifice 4 points for +5% more dmg or ice resist - and 4 points are Damage / Life / Resistances / inc. area / wherever you spend them

But you can just try it out and see what you like best, as said before, this is just my opinion ;)
"
DrRats a écrit :
"
YossarianQoL a écrit :
I'm struggling with Tier:15 and 16 bosses (can't even imagine shaper or elder) can someone help me out with gear upgrades. How are people getting such high life regen. my base regen is only 1547 with it being in the 2ks with all endurance charges.

Are you using the righteous fire gem in your helm or gloves? The one in your helm isn't doing anything but taking up a slot there. The one in your gloves is only 4linked...You really should have RF in a 6 link set-up. Your helm enchant is great but you really should get a helm with conc effect/burning so you can make an adequate 6 link. That should improve your damage quite a bit. Also the vaal version helps with boss damage too. You can also get inc life regen on your belt. That will help a bit but life regen shouldn't be an issue with your gear. The enchant on your belt isn't doing anything since RF/SR do not "attack". Wathcer's eye with life regen when affected by vitality would help a ton too.

i switched rf to helm but why is my hp regen so low

Well i chose the option to run Vitality + Purity of Fire + Purity of Ice / Aspect of the spider
if you really want the DPS i would rather go for the combo with Aspect of the Spider, as pretty much each of the 4 points spent in the reduced mana reservation wheel cost DPS as well - Haven't analysed it with your gear, but in my case i would just loose a lot of HP or other stats just for about 1,5k dps

I think if you don't have a Watcher's eye with + life recovery with vitality AND Malevolence the investment isn't worth it at all.
IMO the Aul's amulet (malevolence reserves no mana) alone isn't worth the investment as well without this jewel - i would rather choose Xoph's heart in that case then[/quote][/spoiler]

I already have the 3 points for the reduced mana reservation so I can use purity of ice/vitality/purity of fire...So one more point and I could have the mana for malevolence (So i would only be using one extra skill point). So that would be 20% more damage over time and with 20% quality of malevolence, I would have 20% increased area of affect. This would let me replace Efficacy and inc area of effect for swift affliction/arcane surge for another 20% more dmg (Yes my area of effect would be smaller but I don't think the 25% less would be too noticeable). That's 40% more damage without much sacrifice (I would favor the dmg boost above the extra 4% max cold resists).

How much extra dmg does aspect of the spider do? Seems like it could be expensive to get that on an item...In the guide it looks to be only up to 15% more dmg..[/quote]

Yes i know you just need 1 more point (+ Enlighten lvl 3 linked to all 3 auras) but i meant these 4 points, included the 3 points you already have spent there (which you could already spend elsewhere if you link that enlighten lvl 3 to 2 of your auras).
Also the Quality area of Effect of Auras just effects the aura itself (all auras have this quality effect btw)
So malevolence has nothing to do with the 20% more dmg from your Gemsetup
Also Aspect of the Spider slows enemies, which comes in handy quite often. But of course you need a good slot for Aspect (where no gem can mess with the mana reservation)

So you sacrifice 4 points for +5% more dmg or ice resist - and 4 points are Damage / Life / Resistances / inc. area / wherever you spend them

But you can just try it out and see what you like best, as said before, this is just my opinion ;)
[/quote]

Everything you said makes perfect sense. Can't believe I was tricked into thinking that effected the radius of RF! Anyways. What do you think of swift aff/arc surge anyways?
Quick question, I'm running my Vitality lvl 21 and Purity Of Fire lvl 21 in my shield with +2 to socketed gems corruption, plus empower lvl 3. I feel very strong with this setup but running Flammability as an aura is not an option even with the mana nodes (I took some points away and tried it).

I've been trying to get Aul's Amulet with the POF or Vitality roll so I could free up a crap ton of mana but I'm on Xbox and we are very limited to Aul's Amulets to begin with.

I know the fact that my auras are such a high level they are reserving more mana, thus killing my chance to run anything else even Apect Of The Spider.

What am I losing by just going to lvl 20 POF and Vitality with Enlighten? I know I'm losing regen and maybe 1-2% max fire res? Is it really worth it to run them at a lower level?
"
YossarianQoL a écrit :
i switched rf to helm but why is my hp regen so low

You need %recovery on your gear. It works as a regeneration multiplier. That's how you get really high regen numbers. You can get it on an elder belt (ilv 75+) and watcher's eye jewel.

You can also craft up to 1% regen on your amulet, inplace of fire damage. And 3% regen during flask effect on a flask.

On your amulet, since it has another open suffix, you can craft Aspect of the Spider using a Bestiary recipe. It's an aura that reserves 25% mana and gives you 5 to 15% more damage, depending on how long an enemy is exposed to it. You'd need to drop empower from your aura setup to have enough mana to use it though, but it's worth it.

If you don't have that beast, you can buy it from another person for around 50c:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/vyjZQzsE

For more damage, you should to get a helmet with burning damage as an affix:

or burning damage and conc effect, if you don't mind some AoE loss:

You also need to use Vaal RF gem in your RF setup, not the regular RF gem. Vaal RF gem comes with both version of RF, so you don't need to get separate gems to be able to use both. Vaal RF is really good for melting bosses.
"
PogoAttack a écrit :
Quick question, I'm running my Vitality lvl 21 and Purity Of Fire lvl 21 in my shield with +2 to socketed gems corruption, plus empower lvl 3. I feel very strong with this setup but running Flammability as an aura is not an option even with the mana nodes (I took some points away and tried it).

I've been trying to get Aul's Amulet with the POF or Vitality roll so I could free up a crap ton of mana but I'm on Xbox and we are very limited to Aul's Amulets to begin with.

I know the fact that my auras are such a high level they are reserving more mana, thus killing my chance to run anything else even Apect Of The Spider.

What am I losing by just going to lvl 20 POF and Vitality with Enlighten? I know I'm losing regen and maybe 1-2% max fire res? Is it really worth it to run them at a lower level?

You don't need both +2 to gems and empower 3. It's one or the other + level 21 gem. And only empower reserves extra mana. The shield mod doesn't increase mana reservation. So you can do that and still use Aspect of the Spider if you want. Won't even need enlighten. If you want to use a Blasphemy curse or another Purity aura instead however, you'd need enlighten 3-4.

And to answer your last question. No, level 23 auras don't really give you that much. Almost nothing from Vitality, and only 1 max fire res from purity of fire. It's kinda nice, but nothing really game changing.
"
DrRats a écrit :
What do you think of swift aff/arc surge anyways?

You lose too much AoE, so it's not really viable for general mapping. If you want to build a separate boss killer helmet, that you switch to on bosses, then it's a good option. You could also put a white socket on a regular helmet, and then switch to that combo for big bosses, like uber elder, for example.
"
numone a écrit :
Hello all,
I am trying out this build and I'm a bit confused looking at the pastebin in Path of Building....

I'm looking through the budget set.
The items show the Sceptre being 3 blue links and the shield also being 3 blue links, but looking over at the skills there is nothing in weapon 1 slot and weapon 2 has 6 skills (3 red, 2 blue, and a green).

Same thing for gloves, it has 5 skills (3 red, a blue, and a green) - but the gloves in the items has 4 red linked sockets.

The storm brand doesn't go to any sockets.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks a bunch!

I didn't set up colors, and what goes where.

I can't really tell you what colors to use, since that depends on what gem setup you choose. And what goes where is largely up to you and what gear you got.

If you got gloves with faster attacks on em, then shield charge goes there.
If you got a sceptre with elemental focus, then scorching ray goes there.
If you got a helmet with burning damage and/or conc effect, then RF setup goes there.

Other than that, it's up to you.
What's a good 2nd support to link storm brand with on a 4 link CWDT setup.

CWDT, Storm brand, inc critcal strikes, and 4th is??

Edit: just checked rhah's guy, he's got it linked with culling strike, i like that combo actually.

How come only level 3 strom brand though?
Dernière édition par dingleberryman, le 3 avr. 2019 04:59:46
After a lot of testing, i've chosen malevolence and keep my Marble amulet.

Finally, i won a lot of regen with the malevolence mod on watcher's, and more damage.

But i lost arround 500hp. (tree)

https://pastebin.com/xqGAMDxG

(malevolence mod like recovery still do not work on POB)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires