[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Uber Lab Warchief Totem Champion - Great League Starter!

18% after you have killed recently isnt working when totems get a kill, so i dont see how worthy foe would count when totems taunt. unless this is why we use the warcry, but then if we are taunting then what is the point of having conqueror. because right after totems taunt off of us they would lose the worthy foe debuff from our taunt.
What is the purpose of Vortex on the CWDT+IC set up if we have Ancestral Bond?
"
Shaemis a écrit :
Since Worthy Foe is an "increased damage taken" by the defender, wouldn't that make it effectively a 20% more multiplier? Like shock or vulnerability. "Inspirational" and "First to Strike, Last to Fall" will probably buff your tooltip damage more, but as long as it works the way I think it works, Worthy Foe seems like it would ultimately do more damage.

Y'oure right, worthy foe is purely multiplicative while Inspirational or F2S,L2F are additive with other stats. Worthy Foe is definitely is higher damage boost, as PoB says. But taking into account the uptime of worthy foe (which is not applied by totems, only your taunts), it seems not really worth if we don't taunt very often with only warcry.

"
Khavali a écrit :
This is why I deviated from the guide, and run a Cyclone + CoH + Vuln + LGoH setup. It provides multiple benefits:

- Applies my curse with what is effectively a movement skill in a nearly passive manner. (I keep Cyclone on my spacebar, so it's quite comfortable to use regularly). Life Gain on Hit is very reliable because of the hits proc'ing with Cyclone. Note that Life Leech would not work for us because of Ancestral Bond. I attribute this setup to single-handedly keeping me alive in those sketchy Beyond/Abyss/Crit type scenarios. Without it I would have died so many times.

- Puts me in the middle of most every pack for a few seconds, which procs the Vengeance setup almost 100% of the time for those buffs/debuffs.

- Applies my taunts as I Cyclone through a pack, dropping my totems on each 'side' and self casting Enduring Cry as they destroy the newly taunted enemies.

In short, I'll stick with Worthy Foe.

That's a good option, I may add this setup too if you say LGoH compensates for the fact that enemies attack you instead of your totems. And in this case Worthy Foe is worthy :)
It's a choice between attacking and being attacked, or staying completely out of the fight. Your strategy is much more offensive, I like that :) But for hardcore F2SL2F could really be the way to go : you don't taunt, you are not attacked, you have a good layer of defense on low life.

Since I'm not going for Kaom's Heart (too expensive), here could be my plan for gems :
6L : Warchief + Supports
6L : Cyclone + LGoH + CoH + Vuln (+Culling) (+?)
2L+2L : Leap Slam + Faster attacks & Enduring Cry + Increased Duration
4L : CWDT + Immortal Call + Inc Duration + Vortex
4L : Vengeance + Blind + Knockback + LGoH
Dernière édition par Zankai, le 12 déc. 2017 12:04:15
Are you guys sure the totems don't taunt? You're acting like the guide is completely wrong and you know better, whats your proof the totems don't taunt?
The totems do taunt, it's just that worthy foe work only for you, as the last two lines of conqueror.
This is said in the guide or the video, I don't remember exactly where.

Or maybe I am wrong and it's only valid for the conqueror's line, if worthy foe works with totems it changes everything ;) I hope I'm wrong !
Dernière édition par Zankai, le 12 déc. 2017 12:45:55
The fact that the totems can get Fortify from Perseverance means Worthy Foe works the same way, they are taunting, they are hitting, they are getting the buff, not you, we dont do damage anyways so we dont need worthy foe, but they do, and they are getting it.
"
Zankai a écrit :
Since I'm not going for Kaom's Heart (too expensive), here could be my plan for gems :
6L : Warchief + Supports
6L : Cyclone + LGoH + CoH + Vuln (+Culling) (+?)
2L+2L : Leap Slam + Faster attacks & Enduring Cry + Increased Duration
4L : CWDT + Immortal Call + Inc Duration + Vortex
4L : Vengeance + Blind + Knockback + LGoH

That's my plan as well ...probably Culling Strike + another Blind to double tap that proc along with the Vengeance setup or/ + Faster Attacks. Unless I get a Kaom's on drop, in which case I'll re-adjust.

"
chaelp a écrit :
Are you guys sure the totems don't taunt? You're acting like the guide is completely wrong and you know better, whats your proof the totems don't taunt?

Not at all - the guide is spot on - but this way, I am also ensuring as much taunt uptime as possible, which maximizes the Ascendancy passives.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Dernière édition par Khavali, le 12 déc. 2017 13:14:28
Hey lifting, I'm wondering, is it viable to go 1H with shield rather than 2H? I want to try this build in HC and I feel like you can never be tanky enough in HC. The question is, is the tankyness I get from shields worth losing the dmg of the 2H? Or maybe dual wield with points in block while dual wield? (Thinking of using varunastra with shield or dual varunastra)
"
Hey lifting, I'm wondering, is it viable to go 1H with shield rather than 2H? I want to try this build in HC and I feel like you can never be tanky enough in HC. The question is, is the tankyness I get from shields worth losing the dmg of the 2H? Or maybe dual wield with points in block while dual wield? (Thinking of using varunastra with shield or dual varunastra)

This build is more than tanky enough with 2h, which is the point of going Champion for your ascendancy. Kondo's works with bleed and phys, allowing you to go full phys. I'm sure you can go 1h just fine, but you'll be more than fine with 2h.
"
retiredgoat a écrit :
What is the purpose of Vortex on the CWDT+IC set up if we have Ancestral Bond?

It's for the slowing effect on the enemies. Since we're using vulnerability, temporal chains isn't an option, but this slows 'em down nicely.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires