[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Uber Lab Warchief Totem Champion - Great League Starter!

Mortal conviction makes it so you can only have one aura though?
I got an impresence and can only run 1 aura with mortal conviction skilled.
If i unskill Mortal conviction my vulnerability is for free but pride is not.

So this is not an option and motal conviction is a must have.

But my question is
Why do we use the impresence since we cant even run both auras?
Is there a better amulet we can run?

Which enchant is nice for the amulet with the blight enchant thing?
Options i see is: "Fangs of the Viper", "Shamanistic Fury", "Combat Stamina" (for reg/defense), "Diamond Skin" (cause its cheap and some resistances)

Any other suggestions or go to nodes?

Would appreciate some tips and thoughts from you guys. Im a bit clueless.
"
Cheeselord6789 a écrit :

The guide is wrong and half-assed to go back to the top of the page to generate YT and twitch views. He looked at it for 5 minutes. There's a reason there's no followup.
"
Morkonan a écrit :
"
DanO1960 a écrit :
One question, after I take Amcestral Bond, why do we keep the 6 two handed melee damage nodes down at the bottom? Do the totems use that?

AFAIK, yes they do. For instance, in a dual-wield setup, they'd only use the player's mainhand weapon dps. Building a Physical damage build, the weapon choices favor the two-handers like Kondo's and Starforge that have big phys damage modifiers.

Thank you taking the time to answer. Appreciate!
"
Cheeselord6789 a écrit :

Then I guess it is an either or, which makes all these changes even more confusing to me.
"
nogglebeak a écrit :
"
Cheeselord6789 a écrit :

The guide is wrong and half-assed to go back to the top of the page to generate YT and twitch views. He looked at it for 5 minutes. There's a reason there's no followup.

Hmm... No wonder I'm confused, trying to figure all this out. (Ran it awhile ago and it was fine, now all these Auras/Curse/Whatsitstuffs...)

Is this confirmed? Anyone else? And, if so, what's a possible "Fix?"

Edit:Add -

I'm trying to think out loud, here. Help would be appreciated as I last ran this particular build (Of course, it was quite a bit different, in 3.1.) I'm trying to figure out if I should respec.. I'm playing on XBox, so the odds of me getting Impressence are slim without an late-game farmer and I was planning on using this for early/mid-tier maps, like I had before. And, if this can't be a late-game farmer because DPS/Survivability is too low, I'll have to respect out of it. So..

Inquisitive Brain Farting:

Fortify Buff - Comes from our "Fortitude" Ascendancy.

Onslaught Buff - Comes from "Perseverance" Vanguard Belt Item. And, once we obtain the Fortitude Ascendancy, then Onslaught is assumed to be Permanent. (Same as was used for a long time in this build.)

Pride Aura - Comes from a Skill Gem Ability.

Vulnerability Curse - Comes from a Skill Gem. "Mana Free" while Impressence is equipped. (But, not actually "generated" by Impressence being equipped like the Fortify/Onslaught synergy with Persevance.)

Vulnerability as an "Aura" - This is generated by Blasphemy and thereby turned into an "Aura."

However...

According to reports, "Moral Conviction" does not give one tiny crap about any fancy shenanigans anyone wants to try by using Impressence to run Vulnerability for "free" or by trying to sidestep Mortal Conviction's "One Aura and on Aura only, please..." Rule by using Blasphemy to change it. Period. End_of_line

If it ever did work like that then it would be a bug and need to be patched out.

So, have I got all this right? No matter what Impressence has to say about "costs" and no matter what Blasphemy has to say about trying to sneak a Vulnerability Aura on top of Pride, being run by Mortal Conviction, Mortal Conviction puts a very hard stop to that with it's One Aura Rule.

Apparently, no number of alleys or sneakiness can get around Mortal Conviction's imposed limit.

If true, then: Impressence is a waste, the choice has to be made between running Vulnerability OR Pride, not both, or the player has to drop Mortal Conviction. And, doing that is A Bad Thing if one wishes to run an Aura.

Verdict: Broke? Rework it? And, if it's got to be reworked, is it really going to be "At its best, ever?"

Please, someone read over this to be sure I have it right. I think I do and I think the efforts to attempt to sneak past Mortal Conviction in PoB have... failed..

Note: Those who have Impressence - Dump Mortal Conviction and see if Vulnerability still runs fine without

Edit Added - And, here we go - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mortal_Conviction

"Mechanics

Vaal aura skills do count to the limit and deactivate the other upon activation.
Blasphemy Support counts to the limit as expected.
The Smite aura counts towards the limit.
Death Aura from
Death's Oath
does count towards the aura limit because it is your skill that is triggered on area entering."

So, if it worked, it would be a bug. If it doesn't work, which it doesn't according to the recent reports, then it's working as intended.
Dernière édition par Morkonan, le 13 sept. 2019 19:23:12
@Morkonan:

you are completely right.
We can not run both auras. The only possible way would be impresence and not skilling mortal conviction but then we reserve 50% of life and thats not good...

I tested impresence with pride+vulnerability+mortal conviction unskilled. It works but it saves the mana/life from pride.

My questions from above are still not really answered.
What amulet is the best in slot? (because impresence is not i think)
What node do we skill onto the amulet?

Do you guys agree with the finished tree or is there something more worthy at late levels then lifting mentioned?
"
Blackdeath911 a écrit :
...My questions from above are still not really answered.
What amulet is the best in slot? (because impresence is not i think)
What node do we skill onto the amulet?

Do you guys agree with the finished tree or is there something more worthy at late levels then lifting mentioned?

I checked the build that I ran for 3.2 as I still have it in my PoB list. It uses the Bloodgrip amulet as BIS for both the cheap/expensive versions.

Incidentally, it also uses Mortal Conviction, but doesn't go into any amulet shenanigans because Mortal Conviction was different in 3.2 and took away half one's mana instead of giving one free Aura at the expense of all others.

The build isn't much different between 3.1&2 to 3.8 except it chooses slightly different skills for buffing damage, I think. (I'm no Passive Skill Tree Guru, though. :) )

(Note: I've never uploaded anything from PoB to pastebin, so am unsure what to do there if you'd like the old build info. I also can't find where PoB might have the old pastebin link stored or I'd post it for you to check.)

I ended up respec'ing to this: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ultimate-cyclone-slayer-build-guide-blight-38#glorious-vanity

This is a very dissimilar build in terms of playstyle and purpose, but the Tree was close enough that it didn't cost me too much to respec, which is what was most important. It's squishier and for the top-dps it requires an out-of-league item only available by jumping through some hoops... But, I don't think it's completely necessary for it to be end-game viable.

What is it with the sort of "and you'll never believe the complex build shenanigans this build uses, so click here for more" kind of builds? All I ever want is a good build that can do all/most of the content and that doesn't require out-of-league item drops or items I'll never get to see.

I've played several of Lifting's builds. This one doesn't work as advertised**, but the others were fine.

** Edit: As Kaerthon wrote below, it works as advertised as an Uber Lab runner. The only issue surrounds the above. I don't know what the end-game dps is without those. Maybe fine, maybe not? Someone else can testify to that. (I have run this general build several Leagues and it's a good, stable, consistent build that's relatively easy to put together as a starter and keep as a main or use it to finance other characters.)
Dernière édition par Morkonan, le 17 sept. 2019 00:33:17
Totally disagree with the statement this build doesn't work as advertised. All that has happened is a little bit of neglect in the build by LNB regarding the impresence neck, and lack of understanding/comprehension from us.

Forget the need for Impresence, this was advice from a previous league.

Go with the regen neck and use this build for it's primary purpose, Farming Uber Lab.

Manually cast your Vulnerability since you're not doing much other than dodging and dropping totems anyway ( cyclone is filler and mostly there for the maim debuff! )

I am absolutely cruising through Uber Lab with this build and only just got the unique belt/chest/helm suggested setup with proper defenses. I had generated around 2Ex worth of income from running maybe 10 labs now, so I can say it's working as intended.
use a belly of the beast with cyclone - life gain on hit - curse on hit - vulnerability - maim (or blind)

Wish I had read the last part of this, for some reason took the post at face value with the impresence... should be fixed ffs so less people actually follow the guide

at least take this guide out of the 3.8 build list
Dernière édition par Blakwhysper, le 17 sept. 2019 22:04:34

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires