[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
xiongjipeng a écrit :
Only one questions that i want to ask.

1 BERSERKER OR SLAYER?

2 For mapping , molten strike+ ancestral or sunder ?

Berserker and Slayer are both good choices. Generally, Berserker has better offense and Slayer has better defense. Slayer also provides melee splash in case you want to clear with Heavy Strike. I think mapping experience is what's important for most people, so I usually recommend Slayer over Berserker; but if you aim to stun Shaper with this build, then you will have a much easier time if you play Berserker.

I would not recommend Molten Strike for mapping. You cannot reliably stun enemies with this skill, and this is not what we want with this build.

Sunder is a good skill to clear with, and you can use Heavy Strike to clear as well. I have been mapping with Heavy Strike for quite some time and it really isn't bad at all.

"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
xiongjipeng a écrit :
Only one questions that i want to ask.

1 BERSERKER OR SLAYER?

2 For mapping , molten strike+ ancestral or sunder ?

Berserker and Slayer are both good choices. Generally, Berserker has better offense and Slayer has better defense. Slayer also provides melee splash in case you want to clear with Heavy Strike. I think mapping experience is what's important for most people, so I usually recommend Slayer over Berserker; but if you aim to stun Shaper with this build, then you will have a much easier time if you play Berserker.

I would not recommend Molten Strike for mapping. You cannot reliably stun enemies with this skill, and this is not what we want with this build.

Sunder is a good skill to clear with, and you can use Heavy Strike to clear as well. I have been mapping with Heavy Strike for quite some time and it really isn't bad at all.

I opted for the Slayer personally because a better mapping experience is nice. But how much more difficult is it to stun shaper than a berserker. It's just a gear thing right? The 40% more from zerker just means there's a smaller gear threshold to hit to reliably stun, right?
"
HunterMoon a écrit :

So my DPS with no flask is 423K and with flasks 761K. I still missing +1 frenzy charge on boot and curse on gloves.

@brightwaha Hey man pls help me!!!

When i was level 90 my dps was 423K (no flask) as i said before. Now im level 92. I did some change to gears and tree and also update PoB to a new version, but right now my dps is 270K (no flask). So what is wrong man?

Changes i made:

1-Bandit choice => 2 Passive instead of Oak.

2-Got 2 remaining 2 jewels Slot and added 2 jewels.

New jewels:

Spoiler

3- Change my belt and use an abyss jewel on it:

Old Belt:

Spoiler

New Belt and jewel:

Spoiler

I check my dps just like i did last time (dmg on full life checked and other stuff same as before). So any idea what happen to my char?
"
Corazu a écrit :
I opted for the Slayer personally because a better mapping experience is nice. But how much more difficult is it to stun shaper than a berserker. It's just a gear thing right? The 40% more from zerker just means there's a smaller gear threshold to hit to reliably stun, right?

There are 3 stages of your capacity to stun: not being able to stun at all, can land stuns, can always stun. For Shaper, it's easy to enter the 2nd stage from the 1st stage, but it's almost impossible to enter the 3rd stage at all.

I haven't checked my Shaper stun up-time with a 6-red mirrored rare mace or a Corrupted Tidebreaker with Stun Support implicit, but with "normal"(means pretty optimized, but not like mirror mace or Tidebreaker with Stun Support) gear, the maximum I could achieve with my gear is 99% of time Stun-locking Shaper with my Berserker. This number should drop to around 90%-92% with Slayer if I remember correctly. (See my stun up-time simulation code to see where these numbers come from.)

All those chances exist because stun-locking requires a bit of RNG. We have a large range of attack damage to begin with, then we have 52% chance for double damage, 1 in 3 attacks are ruthless attacks, and then according to the damage we deal, we have a chance to stun - we roll the dice again to see if we actually stun. For sure, if you have overwhelming damage or stun threshold reduction, you will get 100% stun-lock; but it's not very realistic for Shaper fight.

The actual difference in experience is that, with 99% stun up-time, you can be pretty confident that once you find a chance to pop flasks and stun Shaper, you will most likely just stun-lock him to the next phase. With 90% stun up-time, there is a reasonable chance that he will break free from stun-locking; the chance is not very large, but it does happen.

This will be an exact feeling like, you have 3000 fusings and you want to 6-link something, you know it's probably going to be 6-linked, but you cannot be very certain; increasing the number of fusings to 6000 greatly increases the chances, but it's still not a promised 6-link.

So in short, with the same gear, Berserker will always be more likely to stun-lock than a Slayer.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 19 déc. 2017 13:32:45
"
HunterMoon a écrit :
@brightwaha Hey man pls help me!!!

When i was level 90 my dps was 423K (no flask) as i said before. Now im level 92. I did some change to gears and tree and also update PoB to a new version, but right now my dps is 270K (no flask). So what is wrong man?

Changes i made:
Spoiler

1-Bandit choice => 2 Passive instead of Oak.

2-Got 2 remaining 2 jewels Slot and added 2 jewels.

New jewels:

Spoiler

3- Change my belt and use an abyss jewel on it:

Old Belt:

Spoiler

New Belt and jewel:

Spoiler

I check my dps just like i did last time (dmg on full life checked and other stuff same as before). So any idea what happen to my char?

I don't think swapping gears can result in such a dps drop. You should really check your config carefully and keep all settings consistent. Very important settings are:

full life, frenzy charges, killed recently(questionable, with Writhing Jar you can check this), bleeding, maimed, and "is the enemy a boss(I usually choose Shaper/Guardians)"

Also you could be swapping out gems which can make huge differences. Check important ones like Warchief, auras and Blood Rage.

Or, maybe your PoB is calculating with your secondary weapon instead of your Tidebreaker.
LuL i forgot about bleeding this time. sry about spamming thread :(

BTW i just killed minotaur in a blue map (want to test build in first try), i died 2 time (was my mistake). I swap to Soul of Solaris for this fight (so i take less area dmg) and used these flasks:

Spoiler

What rolls are good for basalt in this fight?

EDIT: I killed the rare corrupted version too, still can't face tank him, i lack damage and have to move around arena to dodge.
Dernière édition par HunterMoon, le 19 déc. 2017 16:40:29
"
HunterMoon a écrit :
LuL i forgot about bleeding this time. sry about spamming thread :(

BTW i just killed minotaur in a blue map (want to test build in first try), i died 2 time (was my mistake). I swap to Soul of Solaris for this fight (so i take less area dmg) and used these flasks:

Spoiler

What rolls are good for basalt in this fight?

I think as long as you get enough reduced flask charges used(down to 30 charges used) it's fine. With 2 of these you can keep your basalt up for more than 20 seconds, which should be more than enough to kill Minotaur.

Btw, make sure to use Multistrike instead of Bloodlust for this fight.
Having Hard Time against Dark Forest Map Boss, when he goes into wolf form, degen debuff kills me fast. What should i do?
"
HunterMoon a écrit :
Having Hard Time against Dark Forest Map Boss, when he goes into wolf form, degen debuff kills me fast. What should i do?

Rigward is in my opinion harder than all four Guardians for our build. The only advise I can give you is to bring bleed flasks and dodge his lethal attacks.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 20 déc. 2017 00:58:59
First of all, this build is awesome. I really enjoy it. But i wanna ask a question, my tooltip damage is 36k, i'm trying full phys version and i'm 86 level. Is it good? You're all talking about 400k 500k or something like that. 36k is good but i don't know.
Here my items.

Spoiler

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires