[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

I manage to kill Chimera with 1 major change:

I undo "Impact" and take "Overwhelm". Due to this change i have to use "Sunder" for mapping.

So with this change as soon as i enter an arena i stun the boss (boss is on full life) and if i lucky and get a double stun duration i have enough time to stunlock boss.

But problem of this method is that you no longer can swap gems (is rly pain in the ass) so you need two 6L. One for mapping and one for boss. This is very important in Chimera fight, because as soon as adds start coming through doors you have to switch to your mapping weapon to kill them safe (its hard to kill them with boss setup gems, because of no aoe.)

One thing about chimera fight (or other multi phases boss fight) is that when the first phase of fight ends and second phase begins, your "Overwhelm" is useless (boss is not full/low life) so you are back to your original stun chance.

Maybe later, after i get some phys dmg roll on my rings/amulet i undo this change, but for now i do this way.

Is there other ways to improve dps? (rather than getting phys rolls on rings/amulet)
Dernière édition par HunterMoon, le 22 déc. 2017 14:19:46
"
LiberAlley a écrit :
I killed Uber Izaro for the first time today and several times after that!!
Trying to get the attack speed enchant on my boots for now, also im having lots of fun in lab :D

I only have a 5L and while using multistrike, i was able to stun him a lot, not stunlock but interrupting lots of his actions, and face tank him easily. Next time i'll try to kill him with some buffs on him, for extra keys.

I have one question.. Can we use a third jewel Weight of the Empire for more chance to double damage ?? Why is this not suggested ??

The number of threshold jewels we can use is limited by the game. We can only socket 2 of Weight of the Empire.
"
brightwaha a écrit :
The number of threshold jewels we can use is limited by the game. We can only socket 2 of Weight of the Empire.

lol, riiight
"
HunterMoon a écrit :
I manage to kill Chimera with 1 major change:

I undo "Impact" and take "Overwhelm". Due to this change i have to use "Sunder" for mapping.

So with this change as soon as i enter an arena i stun the boss (boss is on full life) and if i lucky and get a double stun duration i have enough time to stunlock boss.

But problem of this method is that you no longer can swap gems (is rly pain in the ass) so you need two 6L. One for mapping and one for boss. This is very important in Chimera fight, because as soon as adds start coming through doors you have to switch to your mapping weapon to kill them safe (its hard to kill them with boss setup gems, because of no aoe.)

One thing about chimera fight (or other multi phases boss fight) is that when the first phase of fight ends and second phase begins, your "Overwhelm" is useless (boss is not full/low life) so you are back to your original stun chance.

Maybe later, after i get some phys dmg roll on my rings/amulet i undo this change, but for now i do this way.

Is there other ways to improve dps? (rather than getting phys rolls on rings/amulet)

I never had problems with facetanking the boss for several seconds at the start of the fight and wait for a first stun, but I do understand the reason you’re liking Overwhelm. I think from my experience, having 2 6-link weapons can be very useful, especially during those boss fights with a minion phase.

Flat physical damage does not improve our dps significantly. I’m only suggesting getting flat phys on amulet/rings because there are not any other good prefixes for our build.

If you try to abuse Headsman with a Writhing Jar it can be huge dps boost; boots enchant can also be nice to have; your Tidebreaker only has 21% stun threshold roll, and that’s maybe something you need to replace later on. I suppose Vulnerability or Elemental Weakness corruption on gloves are very expensive now, so maybe you should not consider this for now. Jewels can also have huge impact on our build, and the ones that I showed in the Current Gears section can be a significant upgrade.
"
brightwaha a écrit :

I never had problems with facetanking the boss for several seconds at the start of the fight and wait for a first stun, but I do understand the reason you’re liking Overwhelm.

This is true but with gg/T1 gears not early league gears. I really do like clearing with Heavy strike but i think i lack dmg/stun threshold to land stun enough so as a temporary solution i got Overwhelm for now.

"
brightwaha a écrit :

If you try to abuse Headsman with a Writhing Jar it can be huge dps boost

Is this possible to do this method in guardian fight? Or it is good only in mapping? I have no experience with that flask.
Dernière édition par HunterMoon, le 22 déc. 2017 16:32:31
"
LiberAlley a écrit :
I killed Uber Izaro for the first time today and several times after that!!
Trying to get the attack speed enchant on my boots for now, also im having lots of fun in lab :D

I only have a 5L and while using multistrike, i was able to stun him a lot, not stunlock but interrupting lots of his actions, and face tank him easily. Next time i'll try to kill him with some buffs on him, for extra keys.

I have one question.. Can we use a third jewel Weight of the Empire for more chance to double damage ?? Why is this not suggested ??

Swap the gems in your boots and gloves. The gloves are supported by knockback, which is useful when linked to Frenzy and Leap Slam. Will allow a little extra pulling of mobs.

"
HunterMoon a écrit :

Is this possible to do this method in guardian fight? Or it is good only in mapping? I have no experience with that flask.

The Writhing Jar spawns two worms on flask effect. These count as enemies which trigger the "on kill" bonus for Headsman.
Dernière édition par nEgativezEro89, le 22 déc. 2017 16:35:29
Some early thoughts on the build:

I've been trying new playstyles I've not done before this league. My starter was a totem build which I've never done before. Following that, I wanted to try a Heavy Strike build. I had watched a couple vids last league and liked the ability to do some massive single hit damage.

I researched around a bit and found this variation. I've never done a full stun build either so it was a great combination of new stuff.

First off, this was one of the smoothest leveling builds for a melee character. I ran Sunder until 53 which Empire's are available. Heavy Strike from then on. Quecholli makes for a really solid leveling weapon for this build. I used it all the way to 65 and Tidebreaker. The Pseudo-Gladiator explosions scale really well even if the weapon damage itself doesn't as much.

Second, Slayer Impact + Ancestral Call + Heavy Strike is awesome. Really solid, fun combo to play with. With full Ascendencies and HoA, it's easy to clear nearly the whole screen.

I ran Uber Lab at 77 with ~4600 HP and managed to beat it. The margin for error was thin, but the stun and damage output is great.

Having played around with both, the elemental variant with Hatred and HoA feels vastly superior. HoA feels especially strong while mapping. The splash overkill fire damage is a huge boost for clearing trash.

My personal preference right now is:
HS - Melee Phys - Ruthless - Dmg on Full - Multistrike - Ancestral Call

For bosses, swap out AC for Bloodlust. I've done up to T10 maps so far and this feels great. I've also tested out Maim instead of Multistrike, which offers larger hits and slower APS, and it feels pretty good too. Might be a better option on high end maps, but we'll see when I get there. MS feels a little smoother while mapping. Just less conducive for stunning as brightwaha pointed out.

For damage flasks, personally I think it goes: Lion's > Sin's > ToH > Atziri

Lion's is the easy #1 since it's multiplicative phys damage, and the knockbacks fit in well. Sin's offers really good DPS, does Chaos which enemies have less resistance, and can last 6 seconds at 20q. ToH is a little weaker offensively, but the defensive bonuses are so strong, I'd still take it over Atziri. Lastly, Atziri is no slouch either, and is affordable for anybody. Definitely a good starter flask for mapping and bosses.

I got super lucky and 6S'd my Tidebreaker in less than 100 jewelers, and 6L'd it in under 20 fusings. First natural 6L I've done in a long time.

Next step is to corrupt Empire's with Vuln on Hit. No luck yet.

This build is super fun and I'm looking forward to pushing the upper tier maps, guardians, and Shaper.

Gear
"
nEgativezEro89 a écrit :
Some early thoughts on the build:
Spoiler

I've been trying new playstyles I've not done before this league. My starter was a totem build which I've never done before. Following that, I wanted to try a Heavy Strike build. I had watched a couple vids last league and liked the ability to do some massive single hit damage.

I researched around a bit and found this variation. I've never done a full stun build either so it was a great combination of new stuff.

First off, this was one of the smoothest leveling builds for a melee character. I ran Sunder until 53 which Empire's are available. Heavy Strike from then on. Quecholli makes for a really solid leveling weapon for this build. I used it all the way to 65 and Tidebreaker. The Pseudo-Gladiator explosions scale really well even if the weapon damage itself doesn't as much.

Second, Slayer Impact + Ancestral Call + Heavy Strike is awesome. Really solid, fun combo to play with. With full Ascendencies and HoA, it's easy to clear nearly the whole screen.

I ran Uber Lab at 77 with ~4600 HP and managed to beat it. The margin for error was thin, but the stun and damage output is great.

Having played around with both, the elemental variant with Hatred and HoA feels vastly superior. HoA feels especially strong while mapping. The splash overkill fire damage is a huge boost for clearing trash.

My personal preference right now is:
HS - Melee Phys - Ruthless - Dmg on Full - Multistrike - Ancestral Call

For bosses, swap out AC for Bloodlust. I've done up to T10 maps so far and this feels great. I've also tested out Maim instead of Multistrike, which offers larger hits and slower APS, and it feels pretty good too. Might be a better option on high end maps, but we'll see when I get there. MS feels a little smoother while mapping. Just less conducive for stunning as brightwaha pointed out.

For damage flasks, personally I think it goes: Lion's > Sin's > ToH > Atziri

Lion's is the easy #1 since it's multiplicative phys damage, and the knockbacks fit in well. Sin's offers really good DPS, does Chaos which enemies have less resistance, and can last 6 seconds at 20q. ToH is a little weaker offensively, but the defensive bonuses are so strong, I'd still take it over Atziri. Lastly, Atziri is no slouch either, and is affordable for anybody. Definitely a good starter flask for mapping and bosses.

I got super lucky and 6S'd my Tidebreaker in less than 100 jewelers, and 6L'd it in under 20 fusings. First natural 6L I've done in a long time.

Next step is to corrupt Empire's with Vuln on Hit. No luck yet.

This build is super fun and I'm looking forward to pushing the upper tier maps, guardians, and Shaper.

Gear
Spoiler

Thanks for this response and your answers earlier. Cannot really spot anything to disagree with.

And btw, I have invested almost all I have this league into trying to get a 6-link from fusing spam and no luck yet... Anyway, congrats on your fusing RNG.
What would you suggest for sunder 6 link

Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Ruthless + Multistrike + Damage on Full Life + Maim

or

Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Ruthless + Multistrike + Damage on Full Life + Faster attacks?

Playing the berserker version.
"
Cloud_69 a écrit :
What would you suggest for sunder 6 link

Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Ruthless + Multistrike + Damage on Full Life + Maim

or

Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Ruthless + Multistrike + Damage on Full Life + Faster attacks?

Playing the berserker version.

First one. Faster Attacks is just too insignificant in my opinion, so avoid using Faster Attacks. Maim is alright. If you have enough dps maybe Onslaught is good too.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires