[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
LiberAlley a écrit :
Hey mate

Well done with this build, its fun to play and does feel powerfull !!
I made some temporary changes to test on my tree, using blood magic for example for the extra life !
Also allocated some attack speed and dmg nodes... We'll see. For now im stun locking tier 7 and 8 bosses with my 4L tidebreaker

Also got this
as my first enchantment, how about that :D

I normally would't suggest using Blood Magic. You can if you really want to, and you need to take out Damage on Full Life and use Brutality. (Because the exact moment you attack you will lose hp and not be at full life.)

Warlord's Mark is in my opinion a very embarrassing curse, and I think it's overall better to just run Vulnerability. For the helm enchant, nothing beats "12% chance for Heavy Strike to deal double damage", and you want that enchant eventually.

"
brightwaha a écrit :

I normally would't suggest using Blood Magic. You can if you really want to, and you need to take out Damage on Full Life and use Brutality. (Because the exact moment you attack you will lose hp and not be at full life.)

Warlord's Mark is in my opinion a very embarrassing curse, and I think it's overall better to just run Vulnerability. For the helm enchant, nothing beats "12% chance for Heavy Strike to deal double damage", and you want that enchant eventually.

Yea im not using Warlords mark, im actually using as active curse Vulnerability, and as passive (linked to CWDT) temporal chains. But still, this enchant is a sign :D

I also wanted to ask about Damage on full life.. Does Blood Rage work with it ??
"
LiberAlley a écrit :
Yea im not using Warlords mark, im actually using as active curse Vulnerability, and as passive (linked to CWDT) temporal chains. But still, this enchant is a sign :D

I also wanted to ask about Damage on full life.. Does Blood Rage work with it ??

Damage on Full Life works if you have more regen + leech than your degen. Normally, leech is removed at full life, making it useless, but for Slayers, leech is not removed at full life, making it useful as a way to counter degen. So as long as we have more regen than degen, Damage on Full Life works with Blood Magic; or in case of Vaal Pact, Slayer can stay at full life with its leech as well.

However, if you have Blood Magic, the moment you attack, you lose hp. This hp drop is not degen, so you cannot compensate that with your regen or leech.

Basically, what I am saying here is that, for this build, there are mostly two cases when Damage on Full Life won't work: 1. if you picked Blood Magic; 2. if you're a Berserker with Vaal Pact.
Very informative, thank you
@brightwaha Hey man, can you look at my weapon and tell me is it good or not? I Divine it 7 times and got 430 DPS and 21% Threshold. I think is not good btw.

Spoiler

In tooltip my main hand stun threshold modifier is only 68%, is that wrong? Or i have to check somewhere else for total stun threshold? What is optimal stun threshold to stunlock uber izaro?
"
HunterMoon a écrit :
@brightwaha Hey man, can you look at my weapon and tell me is it good or not? I Divine it 7 times and got 430 DPS and 21% Threshold. I think is not good btw.

Spoiler

In tooltip my main hand stun threshold modifier is only 68%, is that wrong? Or i have to check somewhere else for total stun threshold? What is optimal stun threshold to stunlock uber izaro?

We need to convert weapon pdps to real dps and then convert stun threshold to equivalent dps increase. I am currently too lazy to do the math because it's really really complicated, but I have some previous conclusions to help me do some estimates.

I think while I compared Abyss jewels to normal jewels, I reached a conclusion that 8-12 flat phys < 8% attack speed. From the passive tree, 8% attack speed is valued slightly higher than 1 passive point. So let's say here that 8-12 flat phys = 12 weapon pdps > 1 passive point ~= 10 weapon pdps.

I also reached a conclusion earlier with the decision of Stun Mastery wheel, that 15% stun threshold ~= 4 passive points; so 1 passive point ~= 4% stun threshold.

So a weapon with 430 pdps and 21% threshold is equivalent to a weapon with 420 pdps and 25% threshold, equivalent to 410 pdps and 29% threshold. So I would say your weapon is not bad, but you can probably get better rolls without too much effort.

Note that those are just estimates, and could be slightly off. In this calculation I have already valued our dps increase a bit more than just stun capability increase.

As for your stun threshold in your tooltip: I believe you're staring at "default attack" instead of Heavy Strike. With default attack, I looked at your profile, did some math, and I got 68%. The real stun threshold has more than that, 25% from Heavy Strike, 19% from endurance charge on melee stun, so that adds up to 112%.

Compared to the ideal goal of 132%, you are just missing 9% from weapon, 1% from belt and 10% from Redblade Trampler, which is totally fine.

Uber Izaro is one of the easiest targets to stun-lock, and as long as you remember to replace Multistrike and Ancestral Call with Bloodlust and Maim(or Brutality), you will have a easy time stun-locking him.

And btw, I think you should replace your Granite flask with a Basalt flask.

EDIT: I took a look at your gems and, I understand you might not like the frenzy setup, many people don't like it; but you should really get some source of Fortify and use Warchief instead of Ancestral Protector. And btw, the whole point of the Frenzy setup is not only to gain and maintain frenzy charges, it is also to keep Fortify up during the fight, as Frenzy attacks super fast and is one of the best ways to gain Fortify.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 14 déc. 2017 07:12:08
"
brightwaha a écrit :
So a weapon with 430 pdps and 21% threshold is equivalent to a weapon with 420 pdps and 25% threshold, equivalent to 410 pdps and 29% threshold. So I would say your weapon is not bad, but you can probably get better rolls without too much effort.
As for your stun threshold in your tooltip: I believe you're staring at "default attack" instead of Heavy Strike. With default attack, I looked at your profile, did some math, and I got 68%. The real stun threshold has more than that, 25% from Heavy Strike, 19% from endurance charge on melee stun, so that adds up to 112%.

Thank you for detailed calculation, and yes about stun threshold you are true, that was my default attack, with HS stun threshold is same as you said 112%.

"
brightwaha a écrit :
Uber Izaro is one of the easiest targets to stun-lock, and as long as you remember to replace Multistrike and Ancestral Call with Bloodlust and Maim(or Brutality), you will have a easy time stun-locking him.

I will try uber izaro as soon as i levelup, currently im stun locking Tier 8 maps Bosses (Monster lvl 75, btws still not try higher tiers).

"
brightwaha a écrit :
I think you should replace your Granite flask with a Basalt flask.

Thanks for your recommendation, i did replace it. I really love the curse immune flask but for now freeze immune is better, later i roll curse immune.

"
brightwaha a écrit :
I understand you might not like the frenzy setup, many people don't like it; but you should really get some source of Fortify and use Warchief instead of Ancestral Protector. And btw, the whole point of the Frenzy setup is not only to gain and maintain frenzy charges, it is also to keep Fortify up during the fight, as Frenzy attacks super fast and is one of the best ways to gain Fortify.

About gems you are true, These gem setup im using is temporary and i will change it as soon as i get level 90 and change my chest and rings and amulet, because now they are shitty. When i upgrade my gears i will change my gems to 20/20 and will go for end game contents with Warchief and frenzy as you said.
Hi, first of all, awsome guide!

I used this build on my slayer in new league and it's working wonders! thanks so much!

Now I need some help with gear progression please.

I prefer to use sunder on weapon switch and use 2x 5l/6l maces as opposed to impact ascendancy. So here's my dilemma with my following gear:

lately I just got my hands on a 6socket tidebreaker and a perfect kaom's. (yup tasuni paid me back for choosing him in the quest lol!)

1) Should I attempt to 5l BOTH my tidebreaker and 6s+5l my marohi's before putting that sexy kaom's on? because I'm currently using my 5l sunder build inside my 5l armor, if it helps, which path is more cost efficient and easy to lvl/farm with:

a) Use both 4L tidebreaker and 4L marohi and wear kaom's to get uber lab done first: then:

b) 5l tidebreaker and use sunder in it while waiting to 6l tidebreaker and 5l marohi before using heavystrike

c) 5l tidebreaker and use the 5l for HS and 4l sunder in marohi while waiting.

2) should I be getting a 2nd tidebreaker for the sunder swap later on? how late?

3) What are your thoughts on flask upgrades progression? Which stage from your budget option section should the taste of hate and sin's rebirth be sought after? Is instant recovery from divine flasks better than eternal flasks because slayer already has overleech to account for heal over times, it's the instantaneous 1 shots or 2 shots that I should avoid by using those instant flasks?

4) What do I do to improve my mana regen when in speed runs with friends who did all the killing before me and I have nothing to leech mana from but need to keep leaping? is my current resolution of carrying a mana flask inefficient? Is that devoto the solution by just simply running?

5) I'm following your "budget option" area of the gear section of the guide and so far I am at the kaom's stage 3 I believe. Are there anything I missed in my prior stages that you can advise me on looking at my current gear?
After i level up i test some tier 10 maps and they are stun lock. So i decide to test Uber Lab but first of all i test Argus.

Option 1=> I can drag his aggro with totem and golem then attack him => This works fine for me.

Option 2=> Face tank him and try to stun lock => I test this and he never stunned even for 1 ms. So i imagine probably he is stun immune. If he is not then i lack dmg.

So what's the problem with argus?
"
UchihaVegeta a écrit :

Spoiler
Hi, first of all, awsome guide!

I used this build on my slayer in new league and it's working wonders! thanks so much!

Now I need some help with gear progression please.

I prefer to use sunder on weapon switch and use 2x 5l/6l maces as opposed to impact ascendancy. So here's my dilemma with my following gear:

lately I just got my hands on a 6socket tidebreaker and a perfect kaom's. (yup tasuni paid me back for choosing him in the quest lol!)

1) Should I attempt to 5l BOTH my tidebreaker and 6s+5l my marohi's before putting that sexy kaom's on? because I'm currently using my 5l sunder build inside my 5l armor, if it helps, which path is more cost efficient and easy to lvl/farm with:

a) Use both 4L tidebreaker and 4L marohi and wear kaom's to get uber lab done first: then:

b) 5l tidebreaker and use sunder in it while waiting to 6l tidebreaker and 5l marohi before using heavystrike

c) 5l tidebreaker and use the 5l for HS and 4l sunder in marohi while waiting.

2) should I be getting a 2nd tidebreaker for the sunder swap later on? how late?

3) What are your thoughts on flask upgrades progression? Which stage from your budget option section should the taste of hate and sin's rebirth be sought after? Is instant recovery from divine flasks better than eternal flasks because slayer already has overleech to account for heal over times, it's the instantaneous 1 shots or 2 shots that I should avoid by using those instant flasks?

4) What do I do to improve my mana regen when in speed runs with friends who did all the killing before me and I have nothing to leech mana from but need to keep leaping? is my current resolution of carrying a mana flask inefficient? Is that devoto the solution by just simply running?

5) I'm following your "budget option" area of the gear section of the guide and so far I am at the kaom's stage 3 I believe. Are there anything I missed in my prior stages that you can advise me on looking at my current gear?

1. I would prioritize Tidebreaker and use Sunder with it, and of course in certain situations like Uber Lab we can swap Heavy Strike gem on. So I would try to 6link(5link is okay) Tidebreaker first, and once you get that 5 or 6 link you can equip Kaom's.

2. This really depends heavily on your preference. I would get a 2nd Tidebreaker when you can afford another 6-link.

3. They are both too expensive and I would only consider that after having your 6-link, Devoto's with the right enchant, etc.

4. Well, one of the solutions is to take out Fortify and socket in Blood Magic in those cases. Devoto's certainly helps a ton with your speed, but ideally you want to hit mobs instead of running behind.

5. First off, this budget option section is barely an example of what can work, you don't have to follow strictly. So feel free to upgrade to whatever gear you like the most. The only thing I don't like is the Carnage Heart. I usually consider this an okay option for Berserkers but for Slayers this is not going to be as good as a rare amulet. (Btw, am I wrong here or your Carnage Heart has insanely high rolls?) Anyway, you should definitely try your best to get a 6-link right now.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires