[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Zeekin a écrit :
Been playing a berserker version of your build this league (HeavyZeekin character if you want to see)
And love the stun mechanic of it, obviously with only 4-5L I still have a long way to go and gear is nowhere near great yet (rares suck and need replacing).

Some general questions I had for you:

How important is reverse knockback do you think? I've been considering swapping to rare gloves and just dealing with the knockback - it seems like a lot of lost stats, maybe use some essence gloves with more attack speed and socket my leapslam in them for movement, then using kaom's roots for the stun/freeze/temp chains immunity?

Would you consider using kaom's roots? Why/why not?

On your berserker build, how do you handle twinned bosses? Or bosses that can't be stunned? I have found a few that posed a serious problem and ended up dieing a few times :(

Currently running perseverance for the fortify/onslaught effect and two extra endurance charges (5 total) - is good/bad? I can't decide if the endurance charges are worthwhile; obviously if I had GG jewels I'd opt for those instead, but until then.

If you're well geared like my Berserker in Standard, and are too lazy to swap to Heavy Strike for boss(provided you're well-geared), then you can forget about Empire's Grasp. But if I'm realistic here I think you will for sure need Heavy Strike for high tier boss fights; and you will not be happy when you keep on pushing them out of your range and have to move after every couple of attacks. So I think it's a good idea to still use Empire's Grasp, although you don't need them most of the times; but if you really prefer rare gloves, it's definitely not a bad choice.

Kaom's Roots seems too slow for me, and we need those 4 gem sockets unless you don't go for Kaom's Heart. I don't really see a reason to not choose Kaom's Heart and Redblade Trampler really just has everything that we need, so I would not consider Kaom's Roots.

Perseverance is pretty decent; of course in late-game you want an Abyss belt but for now it's great.

For months I never liked picking endurance charge nodes, and the reason is simple.

1. We run CWDT + Immortal Call, so we need to be generating endurance charges pretty fast for extra charges to be effective; 2. When we are generating endurance charges pretty fast, it means we are stunning enemies pretty frequently; 3. When we are stunning enemies pretty frequently, it means we are not really taking damage, especially physical damage from them, because they are stunned.

So I don't really like the whole extra endurance charge idea. If you stop running CWDT + Immortal Call, you may get some good physical mitigation from the charges, but you will lose the juicy 50% life recovery rate from Soul of Arakaali.

I start using Heavy strike for mapping, now impact shows its power. Also im using the Empire Grasp now, and that reverse knock back is KreyGasm. The range of HS in not like Sunder but when you use the glove somehow it is like you have increased range in your weapon, it so funny btw.

For Boss fight i have to swap out Ancestral Call and Multi Strike, right?
"
HunterMoon a écrit :
I start using Heavy strike for mapping, now impact shows its power. Also im using the Empire Grasp now, and that reverse knock back is KreyGasm. The range of HS in not like Sunder but when you use the glove somehow it is like you have increased range in your weapon, it so funny btw.

For Boss fight i have to swap out Ancestral Call and Multi Strike, right?

The range of Heavy Strike is composed of many factors, as there is an attack range, splash radius, Ancestral Call radius, Ancestral Call splash radius, and there is Herald of Ash radius. So Heavy Strike can reach further than it usually does and pull mobs closer, close enough for us to always hit them. So you can actually say that the reverse knock-back does increase attack range. I personally think the range is so good that it is even more comfortable to use Heavy Strike than Sunder to clear packs.

I usually just fight map bosses with Ancestral Call and Multistrike, because although I deal less damage and stun less often, I don't die to them so I am too lazy to swap. But for example, if you know you're facing a boss with some one-shot skill that you don't want to bother to play around, you should definitely take out Ancestral Call and Multistrike, and get damage support gems like Bloodlust or Maim, and stunlock the boss to death.
Slayer or Marauder? Pros and cons?
Hey, is it ok to stun all bosses on maps on full party? With aurabot
"
monnemann a écrit :
Slayer or Marauder? Pros and cons?

The most significant differences are:

1. Marauder deals more dps; Marauder also has higher attack speed so feels faster.

2. Slayer has Endless Hunger + Vaal Pact, which basically recovers half of your life per second. Marauder has much worse leech.

3. Slayer has Impact, so it's easier for Slayer to clear maps with Heavy Strike.
"
masterkonst a écrit :
Hey, is it ok to stun all bosses on maps on full party? With aurabot

In party, mob's stun threshold is not increased. So if you can stun Shaper while solo, you will still stun Shaper in a party of 6; this is true even if all 5 of your party members are afk and provide no aura/curse/anything.
Hi, I've been playing this build and have a great time. But I can only get 109% reduced threshold from calculating your provided PoB data. Did I missed something or the 130% reduced threshold mentioned in your gear section is just a outdated information?

Another question is should I aim for high damage roll or high threshold for my tidebreaker, cause I have one with pretty good phys roll (431.4) but only 22% threshold and wondering should I go for a better one before i attempt to 6link it, I have a total reduced threshold of 94% currently without redband boots.
"
zebrasir a écrit :
Hi, I've been playing this build and have a great time. But I can only get 109% reduced threshold from calculating your provided PoB data. Did I missed something or the 130% reduced threshold mentioned in your gear section is just a outdated information?

Another question is should I aim for high damage roll or high threshold for my tidebreaker, cause I have one with pretty good phys roll (431.4) but only 22% threshold and wondering should I go for a better one before i attempt to 6link it, I have a total reduced threshold of 94% currently without redband boots.

The 130% froms from:

Tidebreaker: 20-30%
Endurance Charge on Melee Stun from Tidebreaker: 19%
Redblade Trampler: 5-10%
Belt suffix: up to 15%
Skull Cracking wheel: 18%
Stun Mastery wheel: 15%
Heavy Strike: 25%

Maximum total 132%

I added this above information below where I mentioned 130% in the thread.

About your Tidebreaker: I think the stun threshold is very important. 431.4 seems to be a really good number, but 22% threshold is pretty bad. I think it's fine and you can totally live with that, but to be honest I would choose a Tidebreaker with around 424 pdps and 28% threshold over the one you have.
Hey mate

Well done with this build, its fun to play and does feel powerfull !!
I made some temporary changes to test on my tree, using blood magic for example for the extra life !
Also allocated some attack speed and dmg nodes... We'll see. For now im stun locking tier 7 and 8 bosses with my 4L tidebreaker

Also got this
as my first enchantment, how about that :D

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires