[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Tylwyth a écrit :
what about sould of steel and indomitable? the additional armour and physical resistance or crit dmg taken reducion looks pretty cool

If you just look at the value from this wheel, Soul of Steel itself is not bad. But I feel you really have some other better choices(for example, frenzy charge and Stun Mastery that I mentioned).

It also brings another question that how good armour and physical mitigation are. Now I still believe that stacking life is the most efficient way to build our defense.

With that said, you can take those points if you really want, but I don't really recommend you doing so.

Indomitable is a very bad choice, I think. Armour is very ineffective in most cases and 20% reduced extra damage taken from crit is also pretty insignificant. It's definitely not worth using 3 passive points on.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 6 oct. 2017 16:44:41
i do agree now :P checked them xD
also i consider dropping iron reflex cause with and without it my physical reduction is around 80-90%
with a flask and take haste instead, also if i'd be able to get amulet with +1curse i'd like to try blasphemy+warlord's mark. you think it would work?
one more, what's more important in 6l stun support or dmg on full life? (im pure physical)
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
i do agree now :P checked them xD
also i consider dropping iron reflex cause with and without it my physical reduction is around 80-90%
with a flask and take haste instead, also if i'd be able to get amulet with +1curse i'd like to try blasphemy+warlord's mark. you think it would work?
one more, what's more important in 6l stun support or dmg on full life? (im pure physical)

This estimated physical reduction is only 'estimated'. It's a very complicated topic but generally you have far less actual physical reduction.

An amulet with +1 curse is usually very expensive and not worth the price. Also the problem with Warlord's Mark is very obvious: you don't need the extra stun chance against anything that's not a Guardian or Shaper; but when you fight against Guardian or Shaper they only take 20% curse effectiveness, making the curse very ineffective. In either case, this curse is not very useful. So I recommend just buy a rare amulet with good rolls.

Damage on Full life gives more damage and Stun Support gives more stun capability. This is a decision you should make according to how stunning the enemy more can help you in the boss fight. If you want more dps to rush the boss down, then Damage on Full Life; if you want to make sure the boss is stun-locked, then Stun Support.

One day I did Shaper twice in a row, one time with Damage on Full Life, and the other time with Stun Support instead. I slightly liked Damage on Full Life better, but they both worked well.
i will check them both then
gonna drop iron reflex and get haste instead of grace, hope it'll be better :P
tho i had no idea that curses are less effective on guardians etc.

btw. thanks for the guide mate, i really appreciate your help
Hello again
somehow i don't see my enemy being stunlocked i actually doubt that i stun them offen (i mean guardians)

i got same build as you but added stun master
this is my gear
Spoiler

so what am i supposed to change in gear to boost my char?
Dernière édition par Tylwyth, le 10 oct. 2017 10:16:01
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
Hello again
somehow i don't see my enemy being stunlocked i actually doubt that i stun them offen (i mean guardians)

i got same build as you but added stun master
this is my gear
Spoiler

so what am i supposed to change in gear to boost my char?

If you were fighting Minotaur then he has Unwavering Stance and cannot be stunned. Phoenix has larger life pool than Chimera and Hydra and is more difficult to stun.

As for gears I suggest changing the Perseverance belt to a rare Studded belt with tier 1 stun threshold and preferably also stun duration. If you can't get stun duration of belt maybe find some stun duration from jewels or passive tree(2 duration nodes in Stun Mastery wheel). Perseverance is not a bad choice while mapping, but you definitely want a rare belt to stun endgame bosses.

The Witchfire Brew flask is also not very effective against Guardians. Guardians take 20% curse effectiveness and this flask doesn't do much.

You may also pick Headsman ascendancy and use The Writhing Jar flask to trigger the 20% more damage. I don't think you need to do so to stun Guardians, but it's something to think about.

Actually, most importantly, you should make sure that during the boss fight, you always have maximum frenzy charges, Fortify, Blood Rage, Warchief active(so you have the Warchief buff, as well as Maim and bleed applied).

Those are probably all I can think of. I believe you should switch to a rare belt and see if you can stun Guardians easily. You got good gear overall and it should not be a problem.
about belt, i just fall in love with the fortify/ons part :P
it also allow me to use golem so i've got dmg buff

the flask, i will change it for 2nd lions roar when i get gauntles with vulnerability on hit

stun duration on jewels/passive. i wll fix it, tho those jewels with 7%hp/stun duration/mace dmg or mace atack speed/resistance are pretty expensive... kinda way too expensive

overall even if i don't see the stun work as it should i still can do all guardians easly, even on 8mods corupted maps so it's still the best build ever :D
hydra and chimera are being like permanently stuned yeah, about phoenix i did stunned him some time|
basicaly i didnt know that i cannot stun minotaur :P

"
Tylwyth a écrit :
about belt, i just fall in love with the fortify/ons part :P
it also allow me to use golem so i've got dmg buff

the flask, i will change it for 2nd lions roar when i get gauntles with vulnerability on hit

stun duration on jewels/passive. i wll fix it, tho those jewels with 7%hp/stun duration/mace dmg or mace atack speed/resistance are pretty expensive... kinda way too expensive

overall even if i don't see the stun work as it should i still can do all guardians easly, even on 8mods corupted maps so it's still the best build ever :D
hydra and chimera are being like permanently stuned yeah, about phoenix i did stunned him some time|
basicaly i didnt know that i cannot stun minotaur :P

Oh, nice to see that stunning Guardians is not a problem for you. Yes, Minotaur, Atziri(main phase), Rigward, Argus have stun-immunity(I believe those are the only four we need to be cautious about).

I'd like to mention that the flame golem buff is equivalent to 2% more damage to us, and the Vulnerability curse flask gives 5% more damage against Guardians/Shaper. If you actually calculate how much a rare Studded belt contribute to our stun capability, I would say it's equivalent to 20% more damage.

I am giving those numbers because I feel you might have overestimated the effects of golem/curse. Feel free to use them, still; but I do feel there are better options.
already removed golem as it gives nothing

tho i assume there's something wrong with my playstyle xD
as i've changed bloodlust to maim (i've got main on weapon and 2nd maim with totem now xD) and stun support to damage on full life i stun more offen ^^ chimera was just stunlocked(yay i acheved the stun lock!) guardians are like easier now.
still keep failing shaper :( but not for long i hope :D

about the belt, just cant find any that fits me yet, but i'm working on it :P
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
already removed golem as it gives nothing

tho i assume there's something wrong with my playstyle xD
as i've changed bloodlust to maim (i've got main on weapon and 2nd maim with totem now xD) and stun support to damage on full life i stun more offen ^^ chimera was just stunlocked(yay i acheved the stun lock!) guardians are like easier now.
still keep failing shaper :( but not for long i hope :D

about the belt, just cant find any that fits me yet, but i'm working on it :P

Effects of gems are easy to calculate.

Bloodlust: multiplies your damage by 1.6 when enemy is bleeding.
Damage on Full Life: multiplies your damage by 1.5 when you're at full life.

Maim: multiplies your damage by 1.3*1.14=1.48 when you applies the maim debuff; if you already has other sources of maim debuff, multiplies by only 1.3. (Also, if you have other 'enemy take increased damage' sources including Vulnerability curse, the effects are less significant.)

Stun Support: it is as effective as 1.625 multiplier when you have 130% stun threshold without it (or 180% stun threshold with it). The quality bonus is also the best one. So besides Ruthless Support, no other gem should be better than Stun Support in terms of stunning.

Anyway, in ideal scenario, the best combo is Bloodlust and Damage on Full Life. In most boss fights it should be easy to keep bleed and maim debuffs on boss with our totem.

EDIT: I was right previously, and Stun Support IS very effective.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 10 oct. 2017 20:52:59

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires