[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

hi op, you made a short statement about this in the guide but I'm just trying to make certain there haven't been any new developments. do you think that with decent gear and the pure phys variation one could achieve similar shaper stunning results with a slayer as you did in your video? that was on berserker right?
my goal with this build is grinding the 100 labs and having fun doing it, but also doing some shapers for the lulz. i would prefer a slayer, but if I can't expect to really stun shaper with it then idk
Dernière édition par val0s, le 5 oct. 2017 07:02:40
"
val0s a écrit :
hi op, you made a short statement about this in the guide but I'm just trying to make certain there haven't been any new developments. do you think that with decent gear and the pure phys variation one could achieve similar shaper stunning results with a slayer as you did in your video? that was on berserker right?
my goal with this build is grinding the 100 labs and having fun doing it, but also doing some shapers for the lulz. i would prefer a slayer, but if I can't expect to really stun shaper with it then idk

Due to the nature of stun mechanics, there are too much RNG involved in determining whether each attack stuns. So what happens is that there is a huge gap between 'being able to land one stun to Shaper'(1% stun uptime from my simulation code) and 'being able to 100% stun-lock him'(99% stun uptime). Both Berserker and Slayer fall somewhere in the gap.

After recording the Shaper kill video, I made some changes and kinda greatly increased my stun capability(stun-uptime from 80% to 90% with Lion's Roar), but what happens when I tried Shaper again was that that it didn't feel much different compared to my previous shaper fights.

In my Shaper kill video, I went through all three phases by stun-locking Shaper and creating more dps time. What happens with a Slayer character is that a Slayer will be less likely to achieve this stun-locking(not saying harder to gear, but less probability due to RNG, so you need more time for this to happen), and the stun-locking will typically be shorter(also due to RNG).

In other words, if you want to completely stun-lock and kill Shaper right when the 3rd phase starts, it's at most 50% chance to happen with a well-geared Berserker, and at most 20% chance to happen with a Slayer(numbers are made up, just my guesses). Slayer will be more likely to stun-lock for some time then due to bad RNG Shaper starts a minion portal or something. It's still doable and you will still stun him for quite a lot, but here is the difference between 'with good RNG, can rely on stunning to kill the boss without having to dodge boss's skills' and 'still needs to fight Shaper like usual builds but stunning him helps quite a bit'.

With that said, I still think Slayer is a good choice just because of good defense. Shaper fight is probably the only case when defense is not important. If you are not building a character only to farm Shaper, then Slayer is never a bad choice.
thanks for your reply. i'm still undecided, but maybe i'll go slayer for the labs and if i'm not satisfied with its shaper performance then i'll just level a berserker real quick and throw the gear over there.
"
val0s a écrit :
thanks for your reply. i'm still undecided, but maybe i'll go slayer for the labs and if i'm not satisfied with its shaper performance then i'll just level a berserker real quick and throw the gear over there.

as slayer with this build i made uber lab on lvl 70 with 4links on weapon, since i got 5l ubarlab is so easy, traps do no dmg or pretty low (no idea why tbh but i can just ignore them) and the boss fight last couple seconds... like 3 or 4 :D

overall it's the best build i've played !

but as im still kinda new here i gotta ask about gear
i use
Spoiler

tho i'd like to change belt and amulet for some more hp but i actually cannot find anything better
i mean im not sure what am i looking for as whatever i do i get uncaped resistances

tho a jewel with mana leech is quite amazing :P

also i've picked 2nd 5l weapon with sunder for faster clearspeed, it's pretty good to be honest
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
but as im still kinda new here i gotta ask about gear
i use
Spoiler

tho i'd like to change belt and amulet for some more hp but i actually cannot find anything better
i mean im not sure what am i looking for as whatever i do i get uncaped resistances

tho a jewel with mana leech is quite amazing :P

also i've picked 2nd 5l weapon with sunder for faster clearspeed, it's pretty good to be honest

You should probably consider a rare amulet, it can offer quite a lot more resists. Your rings can be improved as well. You can also get some resists from jewels.

Overall, if you have problems capping your resists just keep Doryani's. It's not a bad choice.

Also, don't forget to use Blessed Orbs on your rings if they don't already have max implicit rolls. This orb is just insanely cheap...
i was wondering if it's worth to pick elemental resists from passive tree, or there are some more usefull passives?
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
i was wondering if it's worth to pick elemental resists from passive tree, or there are some more usefull passives?

Rare amulet and rings should ideally all have 3 good resist suffixes(or 2 high rolls + 1 mastercraft), because other suffixes are just bad. The only okay-ish suffix is strength, which is not very important; also high life roll + high strength roll jewelries can be very expensive.

You should get a belt with stun duration suffix + stun threshold suffix. I think the remaining suffix should ideally be flask duration but a resist suffix is also very good.

Now if you still need more resists, find jewels with 2 prefixes(max life + attack damage/attack speed) plus 1 resist suffix; or preferably 1 resist suffix + 1 stun duration suffix.

Passive points are very important and should not be wasted on resists. There are no efficient way to get resists from our passive tree. Sentinel and the jewel socket above is the only good one but we don't have any spare points for that.

i think i got the point.
tho where i should put the passive points since i already picked all the passives from guide, i've also added the evasion to armor passive cause im playing with grace and arctic armor
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
i think i got the point.
tho where i should put the passive points since i already picked all the passives from guide, i've also added the evasion to armor passive cause im playing with grace and arctic armor

2 points into maximum frenzy charge. Since you are already pathing to Iron Reflexes you should pick up the frenzy charge, otherwise you would need to spend 3 points then you shouldn't take the frenzy charge. (In my opinion +1 frenzy charge is worth around 2.5 passive points.)

Stun Mastery. You should take the 15% total stun threshold from the wheel. If you really want to increase your stun capability, take the 2 stun duration nodes as well (but only if you actually have spare passive points).

If you still have more points, pick up more life nodes in Scion life wheel(Constitution).
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 6 oct. 2017 03:51:41
what about sould of steel and indomitable? the additional armour and physical resistance or crit dmg taken reducion looks pretty cool

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires