[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
val0s a écrit :
I'm torn on this issue. I definitely wanna use Headsman, so I have to decide between Impact and Brutal Fervour. I'm actually enjoying the fact that I don't need Sunder for clearing, but ofc it's way better. Since I hate gemswapping, I'd actually consider playing Heavy Strike only. Also, I worry about add phases for bosses while playing without Impact. Pretty dangerous right? All that speaks for Impact. That said, Stun Immunity and not needing a Staunching Flask is also pretty amazing... almost too good to pass up, especially when considering that I could just swap in Sunder when required. And this is where we come full circle :D

I guess the only real solution to this would be saving for a second 6L. Probably a higher DPS rare mace since stunning doesnt matter on regular mobs

EDIT:
oh right.. and the writhing jar thing wont even work while trying to stunlock the boss if I don't have impact... leaning further towards impact now. how good is stun immunity in a build like this?

I don't think stun immunity is important. Bleed immunity is a good quality of life improvement but we can live without it. The thing with Brutal Fervour is that it not only provides stun and bleed immunity, but also 10% max leech rate. Neither of the three is huge but this ascendancy offers all three from this single node, which is very juicy.

The Writhing Jar is the major reason that I picked Impact, since being able to trigger 20% more damage during boss fights sounds pretty good. Also during fights like Minotaur we will kill the adds with our splash, which is also pretty good. The problem is that it offers nothing else. I would still use my Sunder 6 link for clearing and my Heavy Strike is still mostly only used for single target.

It's a tough choice and honestly there is no right or wrong answer. All is down to preference.
YAY! i made it! i killed shaper! go me!

the only differ between mines and yours build is that i removed 3 points from armor/life (on marauder start) and took the leech (not sure if it helped but i believe it did)

those are the items i used

Spoiler

edit:
some flasks are double posted and i dont know how to fix it xD it's because i've played poe too much and my left mouse button is broken xD

to sum up. huge thanks to the build creator :D
i'm very greatful for the build and the tips mate! ;)
Dernière édition par Tylwyth, le 14 oct. 2017 00:14:05
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
YAY! i made it! i killed shaper! go me!

the only differ between mines and yours build is that i removed 3 points from armor/life (on marauder start) and took the leech (not sure if it helped but i believe it did)

those are the items i used

Spoiler

edit:
some flasks are double posted and i dont know how to fix it xD it's because i've played poe too much and my left mouse button is broken xD

to sum up. huge thanks to the build creator :D
i'm very greatful for the build and the tips mate! ;)

Grats! Nice to hear that you killed Shaper.

And btw, my left mouse button has the same issue as well lol. I think we just need better gaming mice.
i would like to get 6l weapon for sunder atm i've got this

Spoiler
Spoiler

what would you recomend for 6l sunder? and what gem setup?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"
Tylwyth a écrit :

Spoiler

I noticed that you are not running Hatred or Herald of Ash, so you should always put Brutality on.

Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Brutality + Multistrike + Damage on Full Life + Ruthless

You can replace Damage on Full Life or Ruthless with Onslaught support. Concentrated Effect reduces our aoe so I don't like it for clearing. Added Fire damage is a pretty bad choice and should not be considered.

yeah i noticed that added fire does nothing
and i do agree that i should pick multistrike but i bloody dislike it

Spoiler

so this is the weapon i bought, it has nice damage!

sunder + brutality + maim + concentrated effect + damage on full life + melee physical damage

i was considering ruthless but as it's only for farm and i take everything single shotted then maim seem to be better

so overall i could change concentrated effect to onslaught or ruthless (im not going to use multistrike)
but then wouldnt my dmg be too low without concentrated effect?

edit
or maybe there's any different skill i could use on secondary weapon?
Dernière édition par Tylwyth, le 15 oct. 2017 15:48:35
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
yeah i noticed that added fire does nothing
and i do agree that i should pick multistrike but i bloody dislike it

Spoiler

so this is the weapon i bought, it has nice damage!

sunder + brutality + maim + concentrated effect + damage on full life + melee physical damage

i was considering ruthless but as it's only for farm and i take everything single shotted then maim seem to be better

so overall i could change concentrated effect to onslaught or ruthless (im not going to use multistrike)
but then wouldnt my dmg be too low without concentrated effect?

edit
or maybe there's any different skill i could use on secondary weapon?

The main reason I like ruthless is that it helps to stun enemies. When we are not using Heavy Strike or Tidebreaker, it becomes quite hard to stun stuff. You can surely take it out and I agree that it's not particularly useful for mapping.

Onslaught is a choice for mapping if your damage is already good enough. This gem is also very good for boss fights with minion phases(during Chimera fight, for example, you will gain 8 seconds of Onslaught after each minion phase).

Conc. Effect gives good dps on paper, and the downside is debatable. You should do some maps with and without Conc. Effect to see if the lower radius actually slows down your farming or not, then make the decision.
tbh conc effect was linked to my sunder since... since i have sunder, tho i just thought that at chimera as slayer im getting 20sec ons and on maps there's load of rare mobs so im basicaly having ons all the time
what about faster attack? or endurance on melee stun (since that super dmg weapon doesnt provide endurance charges)
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
tbh conc effect was linked to my sunder since... since i have sunder, tho i just thought that at chimera as slayer im getting 20sec ons and on maps there's load of rare mobs so im basicaly having ons all the time
what about faster attack? or endurance on melee stun (since that super dmg weapon doesnt provide endurance charges)

Yea sometimes we gain Onslaught from our ascendancy. Faster Attacks is not very effective and I believe you shouldn't consider this one.

As for Endurance Charge on Melee Stun... Your weapon has 506 pdps, and Tidebreaker can have 430+. If you really want to sacrifice one gem slot for what Tidebreaker already does... then why not buy another Tidebreaker in the first place? A support gem provides at least 40% damage and 430×1.4=600.

Anyway, your current setup is pretty good and you don't really need to change anything.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires