[3.22-3.23 HC] Quill Rain HOAG Jugg Lives! ~4-6M DPS, 5k+ LGOH/sec. Feared Down 1 Portal. (Videos)

Either can be good. I wasn't at a place to afford a Brass Dome so early in the league and discovered, very cheerfully, that a chest like the one I am using (with all the extra Determination aura effectiveness) can be as good or better, since we get life and rezzes also. Sidenote--when using iron Reflexes, the jugg ascendancy that doubles chest armour appears to work with an EV or hybrid EV/AR chest.

Being fair, I haven't dug into the math deeply to compare the two, but I can confirm that the chest I've been using, with capped chaos rez and all the other defenses outlined in the POB, has been enough to take on the top end league content without much trouble.

Good luck!

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 19 déc. 2023 23:29:01
Finally got my lvl 4 empower and now have a complete lvl 29 Hoag build in 3.23 HC. Here is a video of what it can do in a moderately rolled T16 Sepulchre including a harvest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EJ9FAUDOoU
Said the build was complete once I had the lvl 4 empower, have concluded there is definitely at least a step beyond this offered by the current league:

Upgrading to a 7L is now possible. As a primalist, slot two charms with a total of around 20% increased mana reservation efficiency (Or one 11%+ charm with Champion of the cause on the tree) in addition to the soverignty cluster and Preasage annoint. This will allow you to equip Lioneye's Vision
into which you can slot HOAG>Awakened minion damage>Awakened Void Manipulation>Predator>Empower 4>Damage on Full Life together with pierce from the body armour for a true 7 link.

Pinnacle boss damage now exceeds 5M/sec with very little loss in tankiness over the Armour I was previously using. Game is, for now, more fun than it has been in a long time.
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 20 déc. 2023 20:04:41
"
Orion72 a écrit :
Storm Rain:

Was poking around and saw a few builds using storm rain to power HOAG. Did a little experimenting and came to the conclusion that this also seems viable with some slightly different advantages and deficits.

My sense is that against a largely stationary or slow moving boss, storm rain works well. Against mobile bosses like Maven or Sirus, it is probably fine with practice, but lacks the name-locking feature of barrage, which will automatically redirect to the target's new location when it teleports. The LGOH from storm rain is also a touch less absolute, as it is on a slight delay compared to barrage and will vary depending on whether your target is standing in the heart of your already placed arrows or has moved away from them. Storm Rain has a theoretically bigger cap on its hits per second, but my feeling in practice was that this was only reached against relatively non-mobile targets and Barrage felt safer against mobile targets.

All that said, I think it is a perfectly viable option and which you prefer is likely a matter of taste and practice. Storm Rain can be slotted into our build by simply replacing barrage without other necessary modifications for anyone who wants to experiment.

-O

how about rain of arrows?? it is a fast attack and lots of hits.
i gotta ask should i stick to +1 all chaos gems nec or the the replica?
"
andrelb1 a écrit :

how about rain of arrows?? it is a fast attack and lots of hits.

Back when I made the first version of this build (Betrayal League] ROA was the first thing I experimented with. I determined that it was great for everything but bossing, at which it sucked. Just can't maintain the same level of virulence. Barrage of volley fire is entirely superior.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 22 déc. 2023 01:19:22
"
nynek1337 a écrit :
i gotta ask should i stick to +1 all chaos gems nec or the the replica?

The Dragonfang replica is great if it's available. On HC, there are often 0 to be had and when one comes up the price tends to be nuts. I present the build using the +1 ammy because it is more generally accessible. Dragonfang is the extra-high budget version. Combine with Lioneye's Vision to exceed 7M/Sec pinnacle dps.

-O
Can it delve past 1000?
"
joaorauta a écrit :
Can it delve past 1000?

Have not tested this. If you are going to try, you should let us know :>

-O
Build works well having fun with it im playing softcore league keep progressing if u wanna try this build i recommend it!

here is my pob if u wanna check it up
https://pobb.in/DHSD9psZwYWt
prob next upgrade will be watchers eye 2x determination and chest with double corrutpion probobly and gunna also try to find charms with double perks probobly
with flask regenerate

Shoutout to @Orion72 for making Herald of agony fun for me again! :D

Thanks Bud!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires