[3.22-3.23 HC] Quill Rain HOAG Jugg Lives! ~4-6M DPS, 5k+ LGOH/sec. Feared Down 1 Portal. (Videos)

Storm Rain:

Was poking around and saw a few builds using storm rain to power HOAG. Did a little experimenting and came to the conclusion that this also seems viable with some slightly different advantages and deficits.

My sense is that against a largely stationary or slow moving boss, storm rain works well. Against mobile bosses like Maven or Sirus, it is probably fine with practice, but lacks the name-locking feature of barrage, which will automatically redirect to the target's new location when it teleports. The LGOH from storm rain is also a touch less absolute, as it is on a slight delay compared to barrage and will vary depending on whether your target is standing in the heart of your already placed arrows or has moved away from them. Storm Rain has a theoretically bigger cap on its hits per second, but my feeling in practice was that this was only reached against relatively non-mobile targets and Barrage felt safer against mobile targets.

All that said, I think it is a perfectly viable option and which you prefer is likely a matter of taste and practice. Storm Rain can be slotted into our build by simply replacing barrage without other necessary modifications for anyone who wants to experiment.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 25 sept. 2023 13:18:38
Voices:

If you have truly unlimited currency, the build can reach even greater heights of power by replacing one or more of the large cluster jewels with a 5 passive or less voices, and adding another pure agony for each. The addition of three additional pure agonies should provide an approximately 79% more multiplier to the previous top dps, yielding over 10M/sec if everything else is maximized. If anyone ends up trying this, I would love to hear about their sense of the result.

-O
"
Orion72 a écrit :
Storm Rain:

Do you not have enough clusterfuck on the screen, Exile?
It will be VERY hard to see Lightning Mirages during Harbinger encounters between all those Quill Rain-powered lightning sticks.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Dernière édition par Sarganis87, le 25 sept. 2023 14:33:46
"
Sarganis87 a écrit :
"
Orion72 a écrit :
Storm Rain:

Do you not have enough clusterfuck on the screen, Exile?
It will be VERY hard to see Lightning Mirages during Harbinger encounters between all those Quill Rain-powered lightning sticks.

LOL. I entirely agree. I just felt it would be playing fair to offer the alternative presented by the these other builds. My personal preference remains Barrage.

-O
Very interesting try your build.

But i'm very "casual" and dont see exactly how level this build...

Can you add some leveling trees in your pob please? And some early skills, before level 16 and HoA?

Hope you have the time to make this :)

Thank you a lot !!
Our Crawler's Tail Spike and Mortar (i.e. good) attacks are projectiles.
So can we fit Ensnaring Arrow + Manaforged Arrows to get a 20% bonus to those attacks?

Or maybe
since we do not run specific affixes on the quiver?
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
Sarganis87 a écrit :
Our Crawler's Tail Spike and Mortar (i.e. good) attacks are projectiles.
So can we fit Ensnaring Arrow + Manaforged Arrows to get a 20% bonus to those attacks?

Or maybe
since we do not run specific affixes on the quiver?

Any modifications you can dream up, I encourage you to try. The build is meant to be a jumping off point. The downside of using Maloneys is that you will lose the option for a 20% poison chance mod on the quiver and be obligated to get a Divergent Herald. I see no issue using manaforged/ensnaring arrow, but you will need to decide what gem slots to give up in exchange. If you have a 4L gloves you might either drop Cull or Phase Run to try it out. Choice is a matter of taste.
If you do, let us know how the modification goes.

Luck!

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 27 sept. 2023 20:12:55
"
nickn06 a écrit :

Can you add some leveling trees in your pob please? And some early skills, before level 16 and HoA?

Thank you a lot !!

Ok. Much of this information appears in the "Leveling Guide" section near the top of the guide. I'm travelling the next two weeks and unable to add separate leveling trees, but, for my casual players here is some slightly more specific counsel that you may find helpful:

1. Level 1-3 with Smite>Momentum using a Redbeak or whatever other weapon you have available. Helpful equipment at this stage includes a rustic sash, a pair of black heart iron rings, a goldrim, and wanderlust shoes.

2. At lvl 4 add ancestral call as a link to smite.

3. At lvl 5, if possible, add Ondar's gloves and a Karui ward amulet.

4. At lvl 6 trade the redbeak for a screaming eagle or two. (I use two for the extra move speed)

5. At lvl 8 add faster attacks to your smite links.

6. At level 16, begin leveling a Herald of Agony. You can temporarily use Herald of ash for some extra damage.

7. At lvl 20, Trade the amulet for a carnage heart. Trade the rings for any mismatched pair of Berek's rings.

8. At lvl 22 trade your weapon for a Quecholli two handed mace.

9. At lvl 30, switch set-ups, trading our rings for a Thief's Torment, weapon for a Quill Rain and begin playing HOAG.

Otherwise, follow the leveling guide for directions as to where to head on the tree first and what gems to use with the HOAG setup. Let me know if you have other questions.

Good luck!

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 27 sept. 2023 20:10:08
"
Orion72 a écrit :
"
nickn06 a écrit :

Thank you a lot !!

Ok. Much of this information appears in the "Leveling Guide" section near the top of the guide. I'm travelling the next two weeks and unable to add separate leveling trees, but, for my casual players here is some slightly more specific counsel that you may find helpful:

1. Level 1-3 with Smite>Momentum using a Redbeak or whatever other weapon you have available. Helpful equipment at this stage includes a rustic sash, a pair of black heart iron rings, a goldrim, and wanderlust shoes.

2. At lvl 4 add ancestral call as a link to smite.

3. At lvl 5, if possible, add Ondar's gloves and a Karui ward amulet.

4. At lvl 6 trade the redbeak for a screaming eagle or two. (I use two for the extra move speed)

5. At lvl 8 add faster attacks to your smite links.

6. At level 16, begin leveling a Herald of Agony. You can temporarily use Herald of ash for some extra damage.

7. At lvl 20, Trade the amulet for a carnage heart. Trade the rings for any mismatched pair of Berek's rings.

8. At lvl 22 trade your weapon for a Quecholli two handed mace.

9. At lvl 30, switch set-ups, trading our rings for a Thief's Torment, weapon for a Quill Rain and begin playing HOAG.

Otherwise, follow the leveling guide for directions as to where to head on the tree first and what gems to use with the HOAG setup. Let me know if you have other questions.

Good luck!

-O

Perfect my friend !!!
Hi

Your build looks greeat so far!

Just a question; I am playing only HC, your stats looks awesome for HC,
just wondering, except nice life pool, res@ and loh/regen with decent armour,
you do not use any other def layers, right?
No block (obviously as bow char) no spell suppress nor evasion/ spell dodge..

How do you survive juiced content with thousands of hits at one or screenwide aoe
dmg?

Just wondering.
ingame: @Firepopyre

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires