[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
corosou a écrit :
"
Kaeden1 a écrit :
Spoiler
Started building a character with this and I'm about to purchase Splitting Steel of Ammunition but I have a question first.

I've never really felt the skill worked like it should when I played it before. I think it's because I don't understand how the main skill works with Call of Steel. Could someone explain to this dumb dumb the proper way to use them together? Maybe like a rotation that you follow for large packs versus a boss would be helpful. It's the part about pulling the shards out of nearby enemies/corpses that's causing the most confusion and when/where to do it for the best results. Thanks!

Call of Steel by default reloads 4 shards every .5 seconds, until it reaches 16 shards (with +4 shard Mastery).

If you want to get more than 4 per-reload animation, there have to be impales on enemies around to pull shards from.

So, you do your best to attack enough times, so when you Call of Steel, it pulls the full 16 shards from enemies on the first reload.

Projectiles Split, so you don't need to unload 16 attacks to pull 16 shards; that depends on how many mobs are around, and sometimes a couple of attacks is enough.

If it's a single target, then unload as many as you can.

In reality, there's a lot of shit going on, and if you don't like the reload mechanic, then you just sacrifice DPS and Call of Steel explosions for the ease of use of the normal gem.

Thanks, that helped a lot!
Looking at the build i dont see what bandits to kill the other guide in the first page says to kill all so im thinking thats the way to go but correct me if im wrong.
"
Sfan786 a écrit :
Looking at the build i dont see what bandits to kill the other guide in the first page says to kill all so im thinking thats the way to go but correct me if im wrong.

You're basically always going to be killing all, except for some specific builds like non-int characters doing stuff like cast-on-crit.
Yes it's kill all, there's a spot in the PoB you can check.
I wouldn't recommend OP's set up per say, but I can confirm Splitting Steel is amazing with investment. I'm at over 110 million potential dps and 150k ehp....without a Mageblood ( I mention Mageblood because 100 million+dps often involves it lol...nope, 1c belt /maybe 20c belt with good cold resist and life lol)
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 7 janv. 2024 14:56:45
Hello,

First of all thank you for your effort and the time.

I am enyoing the build so far, but i made a few changes on my own.

I have a few questions:

1. Why do you play with splitting steel of ammunition and not with ne normal gem? Isnt the gameplay much better and easier with normal gem? This is so critic just wanted to know. I tried thw ammunition and i dont know if i like it. Currently i am playing with the normal gem.
What are the pros ans cons for transf. Gem va normal?

2. Is your build concept only viable for splitting steel of ammunition oder also with the "normal" gem?

3. I am using a headhunter and it is very fun to play. But i am dying a lot in juiced maps.
How important is pierce for this build? I
Can you change chest to fourth vow?

4. What about the dragonfang amulet with +3 level for splitting steel, does this work for the transf. Gem too? If yes why u dont use it? Ans what is the purpose of extra projectiles?

I hope you can help me understand some things. I am currently saving for a progenesis flask, because i die alot in juiced maps.

Thanks in advance. 👍😀
"
Mettriegel a écrit :
1. Why do you play with splitting steel of ammunition and not with ne normal gem? Isnt the gameplay much better and easier with normal gem? This is so critic just wanted to know. I tried thw ammunition and i dont know if i like it. Currently i am playing with the normal gem.
What are the pros ans cons for transf. Gem va normal?

2. Is your build concept only viable for splitting steel of ammunition oder also with the "normal" gem?

3. I am using a headhunter and it is very fun to play. But i am dying a lot in juiced maps.
How important is pierce for this build? I
Can you change chest to fourth vow?

4. What about the dragonfang amulet with +3 level for splitting steel, does this work for the transf. Gem too? If yes why u dont use it? Ans what is the purpose of extra projectiles?

Ammunition is two more projectiles than the base version, so 101-151 x 7 rather than x5, plus other sources of projectiles.

This works just fine with the base version.

I'm not sure why you want Fourth Vow specifically; the build uses Lioneye's for the piercing support and the mana leech. Lioneye's is a 7l, and Nimis makes it an 8l. Maybe 9 depending on how much you count the leech for.

Dragonfang's is competitive with Fury Valve, however Fury Valve makes our other sources of additional projectiles affect the number of projectiles after the split, whereas they normally don't. So Fury Valve probably scales better once you get stuff like Dying Sun.
Dernière édition par Pheonix_Magnum, le 7 janv. 2024 20:55:28
"
corosou a écrit :
3.23 Early Red Mapping Setup

Hey guys,

I'm into Red Maps, just got my 5L, trying to get my 6L done.

Here's how my toon is looking:

Axe was 5c, just setup a live search and found a very nice roll. This is what you want. 5S myself.

Hi OP, can one use "Uul-Netol's Kiss Vaal Axe" in this setup? I'm having a hard time finding the other two, and wonder if I can get away with a slower axe like this?

Thank you!
"
deviantek a écrit :
Hi OP, can one use "Uul-Netol's Kiss Vaal Axe" in this setup? I'm having a hard time finding the other two, and wonder if I can get away with a slower axe like this?

Are you SSF? Replica Wings and Sinvicta's are very cheap and you don't need a 6l weapon at any point in the build.
"
Pheonix_Magnum a écrit :
"
deviantek a écrit :

Are you SSF? Replica Wings and Sinvicta's are very cheap and you don't need a 6l weapon at any point in the build.

I guess I'm a simpleton and just looking at damage. Can you explain why replica wings is better? Also can you explain why replica wings would be chosen over sinvicta's mettle with rampage?

Also to add, I'm trying to take advantage of the woodlands "no sockets" perks, and keeping only my 2h axe, boots, and rings socketed. I have a 2.7k armour chest so it gets double armour with no socket.

(I'm on HC)

Thank you!
Dernière édition par deviantek, le 9 janv. 2024 01:07:16
First off, thanks for the interesting build, being SSF it was really quick and easy to farm up these common unique items. I finally could follow a guide and use all the same items. The POB break down has also been really great, especially the 1-90 node/notable section, I wish all guides had that.

My issue is that my single target damage (including yellow mobs) seems to have fallen off. When I try to run T7 Abyss I'm just dying with like 5-6k wisp because I sit in the middle of the (laggy) pack just not doing very much damage.

Sure all the white and blue minions instantly get erased, but bosses and yellow juiced enemies seem to take a really really long time.

I'm probably expecting too much from a build that got up and running at like level 65 with cheap items. Should I work towards switching to the Critical version instead? I found a pair of Tanu gloves and just found the replica wings too.

Maybe you can see if anything stands out in my POB:
https://pobb.in/Z_XyRmQDgBre

If not, then this might just be the upper limit of this character using the unique gear setup. Thanks for the guide and thanks for reading.

Update: Went YOLO and just rolled the crit version - https://pobb.in/eNXge_ZYXQFA

Damage is way way way better now, but a single enemy (not blue, not rare, I'm talking the walking skeletons) will pretty much kill me in one hit, so I have to fly and fight non stop, miss clicking is an instant death. But that was advertised in the forum, so I'm not complaining. Damage will only go up as gems level and I find some extra uniques to try and corrupt.

Curious if tink is better than charms (my charms need to change anyway)
Dernière édition par Vygorous, le 9 janv. 2024 02:38:25

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires