[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

Hi hope this is not bothering you.

Firstly, thanks for the effort in making the build. It has been fun playing along with the starter version of it.

Now that I've completed the league start build. I have some concerns about what should I be focusing on or prioritizing upgrading my char.

Can you please guide me? I'm kinda new to the game and when it comes to stats reading I'm a little confused.
"
speedline9395 a écrit :
Hi hope this is not bothering you.

Firstly, thanks for the effort in making the build. It has been fun playing along with the starter version of it.

Now that I've completed the league start build. I have some concerns about what should I be focusing on or prioritizing upgrading my char.

Can you please guide me? I'm kinda new to the game and when it comes to stats reading I'm a little confused.

Hi,

My pleasure, and no bother; politeness goes a long way with me :)

Also, glad you're enjoying the build and welcome to the game!

(first of all - this is general info useful for anyone new)

So... Basically, our DPS is pretty good, and if you ever get around acquiring GG gear like mine, the build is strong enough to farm "Wandering Path, Empowered, T16, 8mod Corrupted, Abyss Spires, Beyond, Deli maps" with very few deaths, which is arguably the best content the league has to offer.

So, really, the big thing is staying alive, and regarding that I can say a few things...

1) Purity of Elements covers resistances we lack on Unique gear and also makes us Ailment Immune which is very important to be.

2) Fortify Ascendancy helps lower the overall amount of damage we take.

4) Most Uniques are Armour based, so we don't really "need" a Granite Flask.

5) We don't have a lot of Evasion, so a GG Jade Flask does help quite a bit.

6) To make things easy, you should keep all the Spell Suppression nodes in the tree. I actually re-allocated them myself, because the damage on max juiced empowered T16s can get pretty crazy. So, even if you see posts where I took them off, you should keep them, because in this game, a lot of things that look like Attacks are actually Spells.

7) Progenesis is very expensive, but very worth it. It should be a priority if you want to farm the most juiced content.

8) Uniques often provide no life at all, and a Rare Ring with good Life/Chaos Res/Accuracy/Phys Dmg can be incredibly expensive, so just try your best to stay around 2.8-3k+ life.

9) Culling Strike is fine to use as a support early on for Mapping, but it doesn't help much on tanky mobs. If you ever feel like your DPS is too low on bosses/tanky mobs, switch to using Brutality + Herald of Purity, and get Culling Strike on your Tincture or linked to your totem or leap slam.

10) Obviously HH makes everything much easier and fun, so not much to say there.

As far as how to get currency, I recommend checking out YouTube videos on how to farm T7 Abyss Spires. That will get you all the currency you need to buy GG gear. Ignore anything regarding MF gear... You DO NOT NEED MF gear to make good currency this league; Affliction juice is MORE than enough.

I've bought everything I've posted without using a single piece of MF gear, besides the little bit of Rarity my Ring has, and that does basically nothing...

It's gotten so silly that people are adding Chaos Orbs to their filters! Yet, I still pick up a lot of gumball, because I can either sell it, or use it to craft things like my Cluster Jewels, Flasks, help out guildies, etc.

Here's a screenshot of my currency tab, and just look at how many Alterations I've gathered without MF:

A few other random pieces of advice: Pace yourself! There's no rush... And avoid reddit FOMO/drama/cry-babies; there's a reason GGG's presence there went to pretty much zero, and why I never post anything regarding my builds there.

Also, there's a lot of other general info I've posted since 3.23 started. So, please take the time to read from page 19 on the posts I've made showing how my character progressed.

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 3 janv. 2024 18:41:26
Thanks for this detailed guide. Also the videos showing empowered maps/bosses really shows what this build can take.

Slightly off-topic question: How do you get that resolution?

I have a 49" monitor and PoE used to let me use all of it but something changed. Please please tell me how you managed to get that resolution.
"
Ariane a écrit :
Thanks for this detailed guide. Also the videos showing empowered maps/bosses really shows what this build can take.

Slightly off-topic question: How do you get that resolution?

I have a 49" monitor and PoE used to let me use all of it but something changed. Please please tell me how you managed to get that resolution.

You're welcome!

RoseTheFlower Index

GL
I love you.
"
Ariane a écrit :
I love you.

;)
3.23 Gear Update: Sanctum Setup

Hi Guys,

In case you want to run Sanctum, here's a 2min Showcase of some nasty rooms and the last 2 bosses:

YouTube: Sanctum Showcase

Here's the gear minus jewels, cuz it's a pain to take them all off to link them on a post. You can see them on the PoB:

Indisponible

Basically optimizing for burst single target DPS. You can see in the vid I even forgot to wear my Dying Sun, so don't really need this much DPS.

Here's the PoB for that: https://pobb.in/Ojfg8p9-EyKE

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 5 janv. 2024 09:18:59
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
Started building a character with this and I'm about to purchase Splitting Steel of Ammunition but I have a question first.

I've never really felt the skill worked like it should when I played it before. I think it's because I don't understand how the main skill works with Call of Steel. Could someone explain to this dumb dumb the proper way to use them together? Maybe like a rotation that you follow for large packs versus a boss would be helpful. It's the part about pulling the shards out of nearby enemies/corpses that's causing the most confusion and when/where to do it for the best results. Thanks!
Dernière édition par Kaeden1, le 4 janv. 2024 23:37:50
Started this a few days ago. Love this build so far! Currently clearing t10 maps with plenty of damage and survivability to spare.

Looking for the next step whether its gear or skills. I followed the pob and guide the best I could, and traded for gear close to the original.

I do have some div to spend if anyone has an idea to push me a little further.

POB below;
https://pobb.in/twf4Pg-AgLz4
Dernière édition par TamagoYonsen, le 5 janv. 2024 04:06:51
"
Kaeden1 a écrit :
Spoiler
Started building a character with this and I'm about to purchase Splitting Steel of Ammunition but I have a question first.

I've never really felt the skill worked like it should when I played it before. I think it's because I don't understand how the main skill works with Call of Steel. Could someone explain to this dumb dumb the proper way to use them together? Maybe like a rotation that you follow for large packs versus a boss would be helpful. It's the part about pulling the shards out of nearby enemies/corpses that's causing the most confusion and when/where to do it for the best results. Thanks!

Call of Steel by default reloads 4 shards every .5 seconds, until it reaches 16 shards (with +4 shard Mastery).

If you want to get more than 4 per-reload animation, there have to be impales on enemies around to pull shards from.

So, you do your best to attack enough times, so when you Call of Steel, it pulls the full 16 shards from enemies on the first reload.

Projectiles Split, so you don't need to unload 16 attacks to pull 16 shards; that depends on how many mobs are around, and sometimes a couple of attacks is enough.

If it's a single target, then unload as many as you can.

In reality, there's a lot of shit going on, and if you don't like the reload mechanic, then you just sacrifice DPS and Call of Steel explosions for the ease of use of the normal gem.

"
TamagoYonsen a écrit :
Spoiler
Started this a few days ago. Love this build so far! Currently clearing t10 maps with plenty of damage and survivability to spare.

Looking for the next step whether its gear or skills. I followed the pob and guide the best I could, and traded for gear close to the original.

I do have some div to spend if anyone has an idea to push me a little further.

POB below;
https://pobb.in/twf4Pg-AgLz4

Glad you're enjoying the build!

Toon is looking fine to get started. I would grab the Spell Suppression nodes again, if you start feeling too squishy.

Also, you shouldn't need a Mana flask with the Mana Leech from Lioneye's.

And please read from page 19 on the various posts showing how to progress gear. And the long post on this page showing a screenshot of my currency tab; there's valuable info for new players there.

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 5 janv. 2024 09:13:10

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires