[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
boomersoonr a écrit :
Really enjoying this build. Probably something like 15 div deep and comfortably farming whisped up red maps.

Have a long way to go to get my jewels right, but all around the build feels great. Finally swapped off wings of entropy to maximize dps, but thinking about going back for the attack speed/quality of life. Will test further before deciding.

Also using standard splitting steel most of the time (simply for quality of life). Pulling out the ammunition as needed.

https://pobb.in/y1VLHL4NZm9z

Looking good! Thanks for letting us know about your experience with the build :)

GL
3.23 Expensive Gear Update: Stage #4

Hi Fellas,

The weekend is almost upon us again, and I some new goodies to show off ;)

Here's the setup I'm running pretty much all the time:

Indisponible

As you can see some pretty expensive goodies:

1) Axe: This is a good example of what to look for. A 1k+ PDPS Despot Axe. To get one, search for a Despot axe with at least 1k PDPS, within your budget limit. To find the best one, use the "copy item" button (bottom left of the item), and then paste it onto your imported character in PoB. Cost: 50d

2) Double-Corrupted Lioneye's: Not as good as the +2 Proj/+2 AoE, but more than good enough. Cost: 12d (6s/l myself).

3) Headhunter: Sold a "That Which Was Taken" jewel for 200d, so I bought HH and the new Lioneye's. HH has always been a lot of fun, but this league with Abyss spires puking out 60+ Rares, it's just amazing. You will love it, if you get one. Cost: 167d

One caveat, is we lose our Rage generation from Emancipation, that means that we drop Arrogance from Precision and add once again self-cast Warlord's Mark.

Yes yes, self-cast yuck... but honestly, it's not a big deal to cast it twice at the start of the map, and then after using Berserk. I picked up the Rage on hit from tree again, so we can sustain 50 np

I've tested this and it's really a minimal inconvenience for the benefit of having reliable Rage with HH.

4) Large/Medium Clusters: This new set is optimized with the best mods we can get. These are the textbook ones to look for. Cost: 1-5d (all mediums self-crafted).

5) Double-Corrupted Tanu Ahi: Switching from Replica Wings means we lose a TON of Crit Strike Chance, not just from the weapon itself, but by no longer being able to pick up Twin Terrors. This is one of the reasons Replica Wings are so good. Cost: 3d

Anyway, this double corruption lets us regain a bit of Crit Chance, though really, we're still pretty low overall, but without going something like Brittle Conflux from The Price of Leaderships amulet, we're not gonna get much higher.

Thankfully that +25% Crit Chance bonus on Tincture really saves the day and brings us to 100% Crit on Full Life mobs, which, combined with Herald of Ash, and HH, is more than enough to blow up whole screens.

6) Corrupted Ralakesh: Just a cheap and useful corruption on boots. There's other mods to look for, but can get expensive. Cost: 100c

7) If I need more single-target DPS, I swap Cruelty > Brutality + Herald of Ash > Herald of Purity.

With this setup you can solo farm T16 Empowered Abyss Spires pretty comfortably!

Now it doesn't mean you can't die... Because HH itself can get you killed, by teleporting you into a Strongbox frost nova or some other explody bs, and also some empowered mobs will just look at u the wrong way and blow you up, but for the most part, you'll feel like a god!

Here's the PoB Export of this setup:

https://pobb.in/Gi6tpTemLyvp

GL

EDIT: forgot to mention. This setup is Sanctum viable and you'll pretty much one-shot Guards. I'd recommend running Ryslatha's + Volatility Support for pure raw single-target DPS.
Dernière édition par corosou, le 28 déc. 2023 16:48:48
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
Hello. Doin the build since day1 as a super casual.

Saw u got Determination, changed ur boots.
Enlight lv4 is the price of a Nimis this league, but with Det I could get 36k armor or so..I'm using charms rn cause tons of QoL while mapping(the best part of the game for me, maps).

I was thinking wths the next big step to take...I know I need more levels and thats what I will farm for (5ways level up).

So, go for chest +2, Enlighten, forbbiden jewels, clusters first?...tyvm.
Dernière édition par matheus18, le 29 déc. 2023 09:44:03
"
Looking good! Thanks for letting us know about your experience with the build :)

GL

I am running this build as of recently, but I really struggle on juiced (~2000-3000 whisp essence) maps, whether T10 or T16 I get instagibbed by anything that touches me. I feel like I am close to your gear. Do you have any recommendations for me that I can take as to not get 1 shot by bosses or mobs?

https://pobb.in/dHYYi-9PExs7

I run Strand Deli maps with Alc + Vaal orbs, but don't specifically reroll it for extra quant or anything. I got along well with CFC However my boss damage felt way too low for my liking.

Furthermore with this build I feel like my bossing is weak too because of the Nimis spread I assume? I have a 21/20 SS of Ammunation in my tabs, but I don't really enjoy the recall aspect of the build. So I went with the normal SS skill.

Hope to hear from you!
"
matheus18 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hello. Doin the build since day1 as a super casual.

Saw u got Determination, changed ur boots.
Enlight lv4 is the price of a Nimis this league, but with Det I could get 36k armor or so..I'm using charms rn cause tons of QoL while mapping(the best part of the game for me, maps).

I was thinking wths the next big step to take...I know I need more levels and thats what I will farm for (5ways level up).

So, go for chest +2, Enlighten, forbbiden jewels, clusters first?...tyvm.

Looking good!

Yeah the medium/large cluster setup is a nice upgrade, especially because you can self-craft them fairly easily with alt/aug/regal/exalt spam.

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 30 déc. 2023 00:13:31
"
DonutCrusader a écrit :
Spoiler
"

GL

I am running this build as of recently, but I really struggle on juiced (~2000-3000 whisp essence) maps, whether T10 or T16 I get instagibbed by anything that touches me. I feel like I am close to your gear. Do you have any recommendations for me that I can take as to not get 1 shot by bosses or mobs?

https://pobb.in/dHYYi-9PExs7

I run Strand Deli maps with Alc + Vaal orbs, but don't specifically reroll it for extra quant or anything. I got along well with CFC However my boss damage felt way too low for my liking.

Furthermore with this build I feel like my bossing is weak too because of the Nimis spread I assume? I have a 21/20 SS of Ammunation in my tabs, but I don't really enjoy the recall aspect of the build. So I went with the normal SS skill.

Hope to hear from you!

Export looked fine to me. Everyone is getting one shot, gets a bit better after getting progenesis, but it still happens.

You can sacrifice DPS for life nodes, get above 3k. As I've mentioned previously, if you're trying to level with the league mechanic, it's just asking for pain. You can't predict how empowering will affect mobs, so you're gonna get one shot. This has been discussed before, if you look at previous posts.

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 30 déc. 2023 22:08:24
Hello guys!

First of all, kudos to corosou for the great build and frequent updates. Playing it from the budget version towards the end game one - a total blast for a returning player such as me (missed several leagues).

I have one question that's been on my mind and I could not find a good answer to it:

Why using Splitting steel of ammunition instead of the basic splitting steel?

At least for me it totally changes the play style, maybe it is something that I do not know but playing with the basic SS feels a lot safer as the ammunition one does not split the same way. Thus making clearing some of the monster packs not so good i.e. some stay alive because they are not being hit.

Can someone please tell me why the ammunition setup is preferred? And is there some mechanic that I'm not aware of (namely the splitting of the first projectile)?

Thank you all in advance.
"
brumbrum45 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hello guys!

First of all, kudos to corosou for the great build and frequent updates. Playing it from the budget version towards the end game one - a total blast for a returning player such as me (missed several leagues).

I have one question that's been on my mind and I could not find a good answer to it:

Why using Splitting steel of ammunition instead of the basic splitting steel?

At least for me it totally changes the play style, maybe it is something that I do not know but playing with the basic SS feels a lot safer as the ammunition one does not split the same way. Thus making clearing some of the monster packs not so good i.e. some stay alive because they are not being hit.

Can someone please tell me why the ammunition setup is preferred? And is there some mechanic that I'm not aware of (namely the splitting of the first projectile)?

Thank you all in advance.

Hi, thanks! Glad you're enjoying.

Have you tested both?

Once you do, you'll plainly see Ammunition is a hell of a lot more damage than regular.

I dunno what you mean about Ammunition not splitting the same way. Both split the same way, Ammunition splits into 7 projectiles each with 1.7m of AoE while regular splits into 5 projectiles with 1.1m AoE. That's the difference between the too, and Call of Steel.

Either one works, so pick whichever you prefer.

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 30 déc. 2023 22:08:09
Cool
Interested to play this, transition from my build to this, looks good

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires