[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

Current build is going very well so far. We sorta hit a wall at t13 maps where spell suppression is now def needed. We are capped on resistances and spell sup is at 50. Looking to squeeze more out of this if I can. Right now I can complete t13 but we are losing some precious xp due to 1 taps...

https://pobb.in/2UcA3zbhTe8x
At work so can't go through everything super well on phone, but noticed your hp is low and have a dead anoint on amulet and confused on your flask choices. Rotgut specifically does nothing because of Thrillsteel. Also looks like gem levels are way off on you CWDT setups.
Dernière édition par kalthordbz, le 9 janv. 2024 19:29:28
So Here's where I'm at with my build, I think my profile is public, so please let me know where I'm going wrong. Playing HC affliction and can't afford the big ticket items over 2 div:

(I'd like a balance between damage and survivability, leaning heavier on survivability). I've also found that call of steel (ammunition) is fairly annoying... Having to be aware to press it constantly which pauses my character. Not sure if I should go back to original Splitting steel spell?

I'm also using the wildwood perks for no gem sockets in chest, gloves, and helm.

Hey, Thanks a lot for the very detailed reply the other day.

I am now updated to Ammunition and had crazy fun with the build so far.

As you mentioned in the reply, I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1iai6rISk farming method on YouTube. Is it the one you specified?

It is a bit costly to prepare, so my question is - is there any cheaper way to get that amount of DIV to follow this method further?

P.S. Thanks for the tip about ignoring them crybabies on reddit tho. :D
"
deviantek a écrit :
I guess I'm a simpleton and just looking at damage. Can you explain why replica wings is better? Also can you explain why replica wings would be chosen over sinvicta's mettle with rampage?

Also to add, I'm trying to take advantage of the woodlands "no sockets" perks, and keeping only my 2h axe, boots, and rings socketed. I have a 2.7k armour chest so it gets double armour with no socket.

(I'm on HC)

Replica Wings has attack speed and base crit chance. As OP has said, he swaps to Sinvicta's to start the rampage and then back to Wings to actually kill things.
Wings also counts as dual-wielding for passive tree stuff, for example Twin Terrors. He has gone to a crafted rare 2h axe since, though, so that is where the build will end up.

If you're HC, this might not be a good build for you. OP, and anyone who's used it, knows it dies very easily and regularly. If you want to play splitting steel, there's safer builds than this (that also die).

"
Vygorous a écrit :
Curious if tink is better than charms (my charms need to change anyway)

OP is using Warden and his tincture is relatively cheap; at least the one he was using at the point you are now (crit chance against full life base, crit multi against full life, damage against low life). Charms that do similar effects also exist, if you want to try and do that instead.
"
Pheonix_Magnum a écrit :

If you're HC, this might not be a good build for you. OP, and anyone who's used it, knows it dies very easily and regularly. If you want to play splitting steel, there's safer builds than this (that also die).

Hey, thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. Initially the guide was based around being non-crit, so I guess the transitioning OP has been doing constantly has me a bit confused. So I take it replica wings isn't worth using with a non-crit shattering steel build?

Is there any build you can recommend with my current gear (of which I invested most of my currency in to) to switch in to while increasing base consistent DPS and survivability? I also picked up a similar tincture as OP, but can delete that from the build if it's not worth using.

Here's current gear at lvl 76:

>
Indisponible

Edit:

Just added this axe as the potential replacement for replica wings. Already seems to be way better:
Dernière édition par deviantek, le 11 janv. 2024 20:16:01
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
"
deviantek a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Pheonix_Magnum a écrit :

Hey, thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. Initially the guide was based around being non-crit, so I guess the transitioning OP has been doing constantly has me a bit confused. So I take it replica wings isn't worth using with a non-crit shattering steel build?

Is there any build you can recommend with my current gear (of which I invested most of my currency in to) to switch in to while increasing base consistent DPS and survivability? I also picked up a similar tincture as OP, but can delete that from the build if it's not worth using.

Here's current gear at lvl 76:

>
Indisponible

Look, first of all... The words below may seem harsh, but you need a bit of a wakeup call, so don't take anything below personally, it's just this game is harsh AF itself.

So, for starters, your highest character is a lvl 92 Gladiator. To be honest, I'm not really sure what you are doing playing hardcore; especially in a league with endless/unpredictable mob scaling.

Nowhere in this guide did I say this was HC viable, and anyone with basic game knowledge would immediately be able to tell that a build with less than 3k life, without 100% Spell Suppress, and without a ton of Phys Dmg Taken as Elemental is not designed for HC.

Besides, you're missing the most important part: HC is a mindset, and it requires advanced game knowledge to pull off.

What I mean by that is that any build can be made to be HC viable, but without the knowledge to do so, you're not going to pull it off just by asking a few questions in a forum.

We're talking about at least 6months to a year+ of advanced HC game knowledge you're lacking, and yet you're still confused about going Crit. I'm sorry, but you're just not really ready for HC...

The fact you do not have Spell Supp. in your tree tells me you should not be in HC.

Regarding Replica Wings: Try to put yourself in my shoes for a bit; the only reason I know what works and what doesn't is because I test in-game a lot of shit, so maybe do that a bit yourself.

What I mean by that is that you seem to keep focusing on what is the "right thing" is, what looks good in PoB numbers, and I'm saying maybe just TRY THINGS in-game instead.

Which axe "feels" better? That Rare or Replica Wings? Good PoB numbers mean nothing if they don't translate to a positive in-game chance.

Finally, while my personal playstyle is to glass-cannon, it does not mean the build cannot be made tanky AF, so I feel it's a bit unfair when the build gets blamed, when in reality it's people's lack of knowledge of defensive layers, overemphasizing DPS, plus wanting every little detail spoonfed, instead of experimenting for themselves.

If anyone wants to be tanky AF:

1) Keep Spell Suppression Nodes in tree
2) Swap to your amulet to Defiance of Destiny
3) Acquire a Progenesis
4) Switch Curse from Vulnerability > Enfeeble
5) Know your limits

IMHO: Do yourself a favor and transition to SC.

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 11 janv. 2024 21:37:20
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
Hi man, just wanted to say I absolutely love your build! =) I'm a new-ish player..

May you please post a PoB of
"
3.23 Early Red Mapping Setup

This is my first league I've taken seriously; love how you keep it updated; but I keep dying at even lower tiers of mapping. It's as if I'm lacking something huge and I don't know what it is..
"
ficohito1 a écrit :
Hi man, just wanted to say I absolutely love your build! =) I'm a new-ish player..

May you please post a PoB of
"
3.23 Early Red Mapping Setup

This is my first league I've taken seriously; love how you keep it updated; but I keep dying at even lower tiers of mapping. It's as if I'm lacking something huge and I don't know what it is..

Welcome to the game!

1) Get an "Instant Recovery" Life Flask. It's a MUST in this game:

2) Get good Granite/Jade Flasks:

3) Swap to this amulet:

3) Grab ALL Spell Suppression (specially Lucky) in tree.

GL
Dernière édition par corosou, le 11 janv. 2024 21:22:45
"
corosou a écrit :

If anyone wants to be tanky AF:

1) Keep Spell Suppression Nodes in tree
2) Swap to your amulet to Defiance of Destiny
3) Acquire a Progenesis
4) Switch Curse from Vulnerability > Enfeeble
5) Know your limits

GL

OP:

While I appreciate your acknowledgement and reply, this is the only helpful bit of your reply, the rest was aggressive, condescending, elitist in nature... So thanks for that!

For what it's worth, I enjoy playing HC, and have only ever played HC. While I may not ever be an expert player, that's why I visit these forums and look for generous people and build guides. With the apparent lack of activity on POE forums these days (and I've played since PoE came out), your guide looked like a viable approach... Advertising it as beginner friendly with the uniques, etc.

I'm OK with dying, and restarting, and I thrive to take a character as far as I can before that happens in a league. I don't need to get the best items, or feel like I need to be in the touch-no-grass club. It's OK.

Thanks for trying to help, I know that was your intention, but it did not come off well. I think you may have NPD, and as a result I'll not continue to engage any more similar replies.

Cheers,
dev

Dernière édition par deviantek, le 11 janv. 2024 21:47:26

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires