[3.18] Chaos Animate Weapon 😈 - Budget to MageBlood💎 88M DPS Unkillable All-Arounder

"
pipettebymouth a écrit :
How much damage exactly does ancient skull give and is it really necessary? with max 3 player power charges thats +150% crit chance, but minions already have +600% with full power charges and even more with the +100% mastery. Its annoying AF when you just want convocation to bring the boys to you.

I swapped to a hunter +3 minion bone helm with 'nearby enemies have reduced chaos' and my minions are tankier, also I do not notice a damage reduction, especially when boss has assassin mark and on brittle ground.

Crafted helm using fossils (MUST BE ilvl 86+ for minion +3), triple fossil resonator: bound, abberant, dense, took about 50 tries to get +3 and -chaos res

I am now using one 'they of tul' spectre since he has a spell that casts a large circle and gives 15 % spell/attack dodge + 15% damage reduction.

With +1 curse player body armor and whispers of doom passive (easily accessible since right next to CI), animate guardian +1 from windscream, he now curses despair and enfeeble on hit (gloves are pretty cheap rn). With my +2 curses, I can add on assassin mark for bosses. In the helm, I use a gem swap of awakened melee splash for huge aoe AG curse on hit, or for bosses, Empower, for more spectre and AG tankiness (though AG invulnerable either way with stitched demon)

Anyways, this league has been fun haha.

New Hotness

Other stuff:

Minions hear whispers = 50% increase attack and move speed. This combined with the 150% increased crit from the helm is maybe 1/2 your AW damage. Even if you actively apply brittle somehow without killing yourself, you will just hit the crit cap at 4% brittle (the boots give you 5%, 6% if you craft increased effect of non-damaging ailment). Your helmet and boots is a conditional dps increase if you are nearby - for boss fights that matter you won't be nearby most of the time to apply the -chaos res and the brittle, especially on invitation fights where you're trying to avoid all the screen diarrhea. Death = brick for most invitation fights unless you manage to kill the worst bosses first (in which case you probably wouldn't die anyway).
How do I cap resistances with so many uniques? Budget around 8-10ex.
Which uniques should I swap to some rare with res/es?
[/quote]

Minions hear whispers = 50% increase attack and move speed. This combined with the 150% increased crit from the helm is maybe 1/2 your AW damage. Even if you actively apply brittle somehow without killing yourself, you will just hit the crit cap at 4% brittle (the boots give you 5%, 6% if you craft increased effect of non-damaging ailment). Your helmet and boots is a conditional dps increase if you are nearby - for boss fights that matter you won't be nearby most of the time to apply the -chaos res and the brittle, especially on invitation fights where you're trying to avoid all the screen diarrhea. Death = brick for most invitation fights unless you manage to kill the worst bosses first (in which case you probably wouldn't die anyway).[/quote]

Point I am making is that its not a big damage increase, maybe 3-5% damage increase max. If it was 50% MORE damage and attack speed, would be impactful. My minions already have ~ +500% increased attack speed and damage from multistrike and passives/cluster jewel. With ashes and convocation they get 88% increased movement speed (thats not even mentioning the huge mvmt speed from minion gem quality +ashes). Nearby is actually broken as pointed out in other leagues where you would use this with toxic rain raider since its immune to the Boss reduced curse effect. Overall, I think its definitely better and big QOL upgrade. Regarding tankiness, lol, with aegis and block recovery, capped spell and attack block, they of tul, I face tank everything except pheonix/atziri. I deathless uber awakener reliably nearly insta phase last part. I reliably 1-2 death Maven, but only because I suck at memory game. And the +3 minion allows you to do simulcrum with AG/spectres not dying and having him apply splash curse despair on hit which is super important when they start getting huge. I can add more details later, but working right now.
Dernière édition par pipettebymouth, le 10 mars 2022 10:36:28
"
pipettebymouth a écrit :

Point I am making is that its not a big damage increase, maybe 3-5% damage increase max. If it was 50% MORE damage and attack speed, would be impactful. My minions already have ~ +500% increased attack speed and damage from multistrike and passives/cluster jewel. With ashes and convocation they get 88% increased movement speed (thats not even mentioning the huge mvmt speed from minion gem quality +ashes). Nearby is actually broken as pointed out in other leagues where you would use this with toxic rain raider since its immune to the Boss reduced curse effect. Overall, I think its definitely better and big QOL upgrade. Regarding tankiness, lol, with aegis and block recovery, capped spell and attack block, they of tul, I face tank everything except pheonix/atziri. I deathless uber awakener reliably nearly insta phase last part. I reliably 1-2 death Maven, but only because I suck at memory game. And the +3 minion allows you to do simulcrum with AG/spectres not dying and having him apply splash curse despair on hit which is super important when they start getting huge. I can add more details later, but working right now.

Ancient skull gives me 23% more dps than a +3 -9% chaos helm. That's almost a support gem. Not knocking your choice to swap for more survivability, but claiming it's not a big dps increase is misleading. I don't facetank anything because that's death in high quantity Feared invitations. Whatever kills me in the Feared is because I made a mistake and didn't time something correctly and ran into a slam, or cast-locked myself and got taken by a faster attack/cast boss slam. No amount of reasonable gearing will let you facetank that fight on this build.
Dernière édition par lect84, le 10 mars 2022 13:09:15
Looking for some help I have ran maven's invitation the hidden twice failed first one got last one on last portal my animate weapons are just getting destroyed i has revendous horde then tried decay ward didn't really help maybe i am missing something or is there a trick? thanks https://pastebin.com/Gce2wnr6

updated pob was missing chest

Dernière édition par hedpe666, le 10 mars 2022 16:18:20
"
hedpe666 a écrit :
Looking for some help I have ran maven's invitation the hidden twice failed first one got last one on last portal my animate weapons are just getting destroyed i has revendous horde then tried decay ward didn't really help maybe i am missing something or is there a trick? thanks https://pastebin.com/BLrp0Eak

Can't find your Animate Weapon in this POB? Is this POB correct?
"
lect84 a écrit :
"
ThePiltoverEnforcer a écrit :
"
ThePiltoverEnforcer a écrit :
Hello, sorry to bother you all but I don't know why my AW damage is shown as 162k on POB whereas a lot of others exceed 800k. What am I doing wrong? Can you guys check my profile, especially ScourgeWen? Also here's my POB (pastebin is blocked here so I have to use poe.ninja):

https://poe.ninja/pob/2rn

Thanks a lot!

Please help me out too :(

Tick off withering stacks and charges. Run alternate quality active skill gems to scale off of Ashes - convocation, clarity, flesh offering, animate guardian, raise spectre, etc. etc. etc. they all benefit from the amulet. IMO run a lower level CWDT and IC, I just run level 1 CWDT with level 3 anomalous IC.

Thank you for your help, I did as you asked but POB still shows 400k
"
lect84 a écrit :
"
pipettebymouth a écrit :

Ancient skull gives me 23% more dps than a +3 -9% chaos helm. That's almost a support gem. Not knocking your choice to swap for more survivability, but claiming it's not a big dps increase is misleading. I don't facetank anything because that's death in high quantity Feared invitations. Whatever kills me in the Feared is because I made a mistake and didn't time something correctly and ran into a slam, or cast-locked myself and got taken by a faster attack/cast boss slam. No amount of reasonable gearing will let you facetank that fight on this build.

ok so I did the math:

-9, +3 helm (1.5M DPS per weapon): https://pastebin.com/hHGDT2SV
ancient skull (1.8M DPS per weapon): https://pastebin.com/EKDDWhSn

On POB its 17% more damage for me. However, in reality, with brittle and kingmaker on AG, the gap would be lowered even more as minion base crit chance is further increased from brittle. For me, its worth it, as it allows melee splash gem to be put on AG despair-on-hit with no Empower (extremely useful for simulcrum), but to each their own. It comes to a question of budget. At high budget, the benefits are less than at low budget.

Cheers
Dernière édition par pipettebymouth, le 10 mars 2022 19:54:53
"
Cyanold a écrit :
"
pipettebymouth a écrit :

Other stuff:

How do you craft your boot and belt?

Cheers

Boots I self crafted using fossils: dense single resonator.

Belt I bought as I needed attributes but you can try craft by using awakeners orb: buy single influence, single influenced mod crystal belt having crusader mod or shaper mod (whatever is cheaper), then pray to your deity of choice and use awakeners orb to move the other influenced mod onto your crystal belt. Note dense single resonator fossil craft on a double influenced crystal belt would probably work eventually as well, but have not tried it.
Dernière édition par pipettebymouth, le 10 mars 2022 20:47:54
"
pipettebymouth a écrit :

On POB its 17% more damage for me. However, in reality, with brittle and kingmaker on AG, the gap would be lowered even more as minion base crit chance is further increased from brittle. For me, its worth it, as it allows melee splash gem to be put on AG despair-on-hit with no Empower (extremely useful for simulcrum), but to each their own. It comes to a question of budget. At high budget, the benefits are less than at low budget.

Cheers

But you can still use brittle even with ancient skull. Your AW crit caps at 4% brittle so it's not really a wasted stat as boots give you 5% (6% if you craft ailment effect).

I use witchfire brew in simulacrum for mob clear, let AG apply despair and self cast assassin's mark on bosses. Let's me keep my setup across all encounters, but mostly I just chain run the feared and I stopped doing sim after week 2. Was consistently getting 5 rewards through wave 30 and taking on both bosses at once was not an issue, but the drops felt bad compared to actual mapping and sim is boring lol.

Your setup makes sense if you're not running unique shield and helm though. It's a good way to get minion level without running empower and the build is socket starved to begin with. At some point more dps doesn't really do much because you're still at 30m boss DPS even after dropping damage for survivability.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires