[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
Ild_Heim a écrit :

For the buffs, a bit of everything is box check in the POB, i read the thread and played slam build before i understand you kinda take your time to build proper buff and then SLAM but still some seems a bit excessive like the lost endurange charge as its complciated those day to actualy "use" end charge, the only way is IC and its not even on the build "see below btw), and even like that the only reliable way to proc IC would be manualy.

Some like nagmaru flame buff, i guess its for boss, but that start to be a little hard to keep tracking on all buff up or not and try to synchro them together it make it kinda hard to rely on it especialy in a game like POE

I understand this is more for boss and not mapping and for ideal max damage potential but still.

Like the build got a lots of condition way more than average build even some "experimented gameplay" build have more reliable way to be played and i talk about spells where you can press a lots of things also to buff spells

The build looks interesting, have to see with a bit more reasonable investment like 10ex or so it damage/tanking can be better but in a more reliable way

Oh yeah you also say in the post that you have fortify on the budget version, nope

The build revolve way too much on various and slow activation like literaly half the damage come from totems buff, thats too hard/boring to use in mapping and in a league like this one it make your damage drops way too hard, making this budget version hardly usable.

Again if with a bit more investment everything can be more stapple WITHOUT all of those it can be ok to just use a bit of warcry and slam and clear and then on big boss, use everything, totem and all and smash them, but for now it seems way too clunky

Btw, few little things that you should look/fix, as your build seems to have many iteration through leagues you may have mix up various information. You should start a fresh POB to check everything,

- like frenzy charges, unless im missing something on the 3.16 budget pob i dont see anyway of generating frenzy, i only see +1 minimum frenzy and the pob is check like you have 4 of them

- also there is the check box lost end charge but you dont have anymore on this set up immortal call

Thank you so much for the constructive feedbacks! this build is able to improve because of feedbacks like this.

Now let me respond to several points:

1. lost endurance charge in the past 8 seconds: This will always there. Every 3 slam will lose 1 endurance charge, during combat, we can at least guarantee one attack every 2 seconds, therefore we lose 1 charge per 6 seconds, well within the 8 seconds window. I did a hideout test as well, consuming endurange charge does count as lost charges.

2. Nagmaru flame buff: yes, this is available 4 out of 10 seconds. On one hand we need to be careful to click boxes, but on the other hand we need to account for its effect because it should not be ignored. I wonder if you could suggest a way to account for its effect in POB?

3. Regarding fortify in budget version: do you mean league-start POB? I don't think fortify is ticked in that POB tho. Maybe in gear section from past league? can you point to me where that is?

4. Regarding relying on totem damage in mapping: depending on what type of "mapping" we do and what budget level we are at. Once we conver to crit, mobs in map get one-shotted so having extra totem buff/damage doesn't really matter. This is true even in full delirium mapping of past leagues. I will test this in full delirium this league and new final waves of simulacrum to make sure.

5. About frenzy charges, we have the %chance to gain frenzy charge on kill node and we always have minimum of 1, I have corrected the number to be 1 now and updated the POB.

At last, really appreciate your feedbacks, I want put some of your feedbacks in the Q&A if you don't mind.

[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
Nad1mak a écrit :
Where can I go for some defense? I often get oneshot in low red maps and don't know how much more I can push it.

You can refer to past leagues of how we build defenses. Like using transcendence, and leveraging more block nodes etc.

I will use similar methods to improve defense for this league too.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Thank you so much for the build. Really enjoying it so far! (just reached low tier red maps) please keep updating it :)
"
JennoJoyce a écrit :

Thank you so much for the constructive feedbacks! this build is able to improve because of feedbacks like this.

Now let me respond to several points:

1. lost endurance charge in the past 8 seconds: This will always there. Every 3 slam will lose 1 endurance charge, during combat, we can at least guarantee one attack every 2 seconds, therefore we lose 1 charge per 6 seconds, well within the 8 seconds window. I did a hideout test as well, consuming endurange charge does count as lost charges.

2. Nagmaru flame buff: yes, this is available 4 out of 10 seconds. On one hand we need to be careful to click boxes, but on the other hand we need to account for its effect because it should not be ignored. I wonder if you could suggest a way to account for its effect in POB?

3. Regarding fortify in budget version: do you mean league-start POB? I don't think fortify is ticked in that POB tho. Maybe in gear section from past league? can you point to me where that is?

4. Regarding relying on totem damage in mapping: depending on what type of "mapping" we do and what budget level we are at. Once we conver to crit, mobs in map get one-shotted so having extra totem buff/damage doesn't really matter. This is true even in full delirium mapping of past leagues. I will test this in full delirium this league and new final waves of simulacrum to make sure.

5. About frenzy charges, we have the %chance to gain frenzy charge on kill node and we always have minimum of 1, I have corrected the number to be 1 now and updated the POB.

At last, really appreciate your feedbacks, I want put some of your feedbacks in the Q&A if you don't mind.

OMG sometime im just so dumb... lol !

- 1 : For the first point the lost endurance charge its purely my bad, i never saw that techtonic slam still lose endurence charge, i remember before the rework it consumed allways end charge increase AOE, i thought they purely removed the consume option. So yeah nevermind this question, im just dumb, and yes with the natural end charge consume from the skill its totaly legit !

- 2 : you are completly right, this options has to be considered. At least its not some kind of POB warrior bullshit, its a legit buff that can happen.
The "problem" i think is that, its a bit conditional and not allways easy to keep tracking of such buff especialy on big encounter like sirus, maven and so, so i think a good way to showcase build would be to have a section called "DPS" where you can show various DPS treshold.

Like average low dps (probably while mapping) without constantly using totems and such, that generaly you dont wanna have to use while mapping exept for maybe a big tought encounter.

Some medium dps with various buff or flask, its up to the persone to decide how many dps set up he wanna show, if its relevant depending on the fighting scenario.

And probably a higher dps potential, showing all possible buff, totem, flask, nagamaru flame, and so

If it seems reasonable, because that is the moment when the POB warrior comes in, and checkbox everything like frenzy charge when there is absolutly no way of generating, or those chaos build with permanent 15 wither stack when its not possible, and the list goes on.

It makes reading and trusting build a lots harder because so many people post big bullshit POB warrior build... but i think this one seems guenuine about sharing content so i just give proper feedback and see where it can leads.

- 3 : For fortify, yeah on the POB league it is NOT shown, so its fine, but its more on the guide everything is kinda mixed up, making a bit harder to keep track. It could misslead people, so i think it would be good to rework the writtent guide a bit, just to be sure everything is clean and people dont get misslead.

To be more specific, its simply shown in the pros section, its an important section that i often check first pros/cons to have a quick summaries of the build.

So maybe its just me, again i think its guenuine here, no evil intention or so, just maybe find a way to be sure to have something that showcase the difference between league start > end game
like where you start > where you can go

- 4 : Yeah nothing big here, in theory with how much damage this build is supposed to scale, totem will in end game set up only be usefull for boss fight on tough encounter. My concern was more toward league start, not your fault, i was just disapointing to see that half the damage comes from totem buff.

But thats half on me, i just dont like sometime how damage scale in this game, but gameplay wise for an early build, i imagine it beeing clunky if we need to regurlarly cast totem just for generic content clearing.
Again on a ~50c budget build people cant expect much its actualy looking pretty interesting to start with.
I think just adding a fast upgrade like 2-3ex and see where it can goes to begin with, again this idea would be just to make the build as smooth as possible but still on a budget version, and in that regard, i think not needed to use totem that much would be cool.

- 5 : Yeah so i didnt miss something this time :) we only get while killing so while mappin, it will be fine most of the time, i just wanted to be sure again, numbers arent inflated especialy on important moment a.k.a big boss fight where generaly you cant count on boss adds, like conquerors, maven and so.

So looks fine for me, i wanted to make a big beefy tech slam chieftain so im happy i found this build, im gonna check on it and see how it goes. Cool to see you reacting quickly and getting involve with the build, some content creator can be way over sensitive when pointing things at them, that doesnt seems the case here and thats enjoyable.

So yeah, feel free to add any of my comments in your guide if you think that is helpfull, i only want people to enjoy the game and have great content, so everything that can be shared and improve im good with ^^

TY for your work
First of all, thanks for your build.
Btw Doesn't it matter the DMG of shockwave is not converted to 100% fire DMG?
Hey Jenno, another question here if it's not too much. Does Blood & Sand become obsolete in comparison to Skitterbots + Profane Proxy especially when it comes to mapping? Having trouble deciding which is best.

Also, I noticed the build can't do Phys Reflect maps either. It gets pretty bad pretty quickly especially with the crazy room clearing.

Dernière édition par MrChangg, le 27 oct. 2021 17:42:01
I'm still hung up on the totem ascendency changes. Mind giving a bit of your thoughts on why it's better than Tasalio and Hinekora? That 110% fire res I feel would take a lot of pressure off of gearing while also helping with recovery. I suppose the totem route is more dmg on bosses, but the other route is more passive and active through mapping as well.

Also there's a few things on the tree I wanted to point out for your consideration. +50 life from the life mastery I feel should be included for just some easy HP, thought probably not of utmost importance when we stress the last few points. Then there's the elemental resist cluster by unwavering stance, since we path past it now it gives +4 max all res and +5% all res for 5 points, and the mastery can be corrupted blood cannot be inflicted upon you until we get the jewel with the implicit, then we could switch to 20% stun avoidance, or 12% all res 7% chaos res maybe which looks like a very powerful defensive 6 points to spend.
Dernière édition par Jager235, le 27 oct. 2021 10:04:01
Build feels smooth so far.Two things i run now is Soulthirst(if u can manage flasks and not piano them u can easy maintain soul eater most of the time ,helps especially in the league mechanic when u are getting swarmed with tons of mobs) and dropped Arhongui for Tawhoa in ascendancy as i always had a big love for this passive but knew its not much of a use in endgame cuz no exerted attacks counts but works very well in early mapping.
"
Jager235 a écrit :
I'm still hung up on the totem ascendency changes. Mind giving a bit of your thoughts on why it's better than Tasalio and Hinekora? That 110% fire res I feel would take a lot of pressure off of gearing while also helping with recovery. I suppose the totem route is more dmg on bosses, but the other route is more passive and active through mapping as well.

Also there's a few things on the tree I wanted to point out for your consideration. +50 life from the life mastery I feel should be included for just some easy HP, thought probably not of utmost importance when we stress the last few points. Then there's the elemental resist cluster by unwavering stance, since we path past it now it gives +4 max all res and +5% all res for 5 points, and the mastery can be corrupted blood cannot be inflicted upon you until we get the jewel with the implicit, then we could switch to 20% stun avoidance, or 12% all res 7% chaos res maybe which looks like a very powerful defensive 6 points to spend.

For the res nodes, honestly for what i checked so far they dont seems that much interesting, it cost a lots of point for what i gives, those point wont matter much in general and in end game set up apparently he use transcendence, which make those nodes even less relevant somehow.

For the ascendency part i agree a bit more infos would be nice.
My guess would be that, for budget its more interesting to simply fill res and so on gear and get more easy damage with totem ascendancy, while maybe again in end game if we have enough damage it could be nice to switch nodes to be more tanky and it will be more easy on the gear side or allow to trade res to get back the damage we traded, resulting in a kinda win/win.

Needs to wait and see how the build is going, im leveling it right now and gonna see what can i do with it also
Played this 2 leagues ago loved it back then! How viable is it today?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires