[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

How is this build vs high end bosses? Good single target spa? Or is it just A good clearing speed build?
"
detailedmaps a écrit :
Getting Blood Magic fixes mana issues so long as you have a bit of life to spare as mana. Also, going down that node allows you to get Mortal Conviction, which, while limiting you to one aura, will let it be free so you can use Pride with no issues.

As an option, i've seen some people in SSF HC are using just Life tap gem in main skill. Since its also scales damage, not a big loss. Allows you to not spec into BM and Mortal Conviction and using Pride, Banner, HoP

Havent decide what is better yet, but will look into it later.
"
omgree a écrit :
"
detailedmaps a écrit :
Getting Blood Magic fixes mana issues so long as you have a bit of life to spare as mana. Also, going down that node allows you to get Mortal Conviction, which, while limiting you to one aura, will let it be free so you can use Pride with no issues.

As an option, i've seen some people in SSF HC are using just Life tap gem in main skill. Since its also scales damage, not a big loss. Allows you to not spec into BM and Mortal Conviction and using Pride, Banner, HoP

Havent decide what is better yet, but will look into it later.

I tried Lifetap but hated it. I think it takes more mana to use, but I could be wrong. I like the fact that BM is global and makes everything scale off life, so you don't have to fiddle with mana at all, and every life node is giving you two stats, so to speak, mana and health.
Is Ryslatha's Coil Studded Belt not a good end game belt to pick up?
I'm heading over to Supreme Ego. However, I won't be using it with Malevolence, I'm INT starved and barely have enough for Tempest Shield. Instead, I'll just enhance the effect of Pride, taking it over 50 percent more dmg taken after 4 seconds.
Sentinel is a very useful node, and the two dex nodes are actually decent, as dex is also hard to come by and a lot of gems need it.
"
omgree a écrit :
Have someone tried Shield Crush instead of SST? How does it feel? Same tree?

It's ok. Less overall bleed dps. But faster stacking of the Crimson stacks and you can Fortify on your main attack.
The aoe feels a bit small. But you can try it :)

"
Camaron a écrit :
How is this build vs high end bosses? Good single target spa? Or is it just A good clearing speed build?

Big end game bosses were always a weak part until you get some gear. I did everything with this build. A8 is not a problem with some late game gear. If you want do Maven or even Feared you have to invest.

"
itBurns08 a écrit :
Is Ryslatha's Coil Studded Belt not a good end game belt to pick up?

Sure Ryslatha is a strong endgame belt. it's just really expensive.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Thanks for the guide, I'm trying to follow it atm. I also went mortal conviction and it is bliss. Can't have mana issue without mana. It also allowed me to get the little node next to it for extra damage with skills that use life and 2% life gained on kill which is a massive boost and should allow for maps without regen to be run,although maybe without blood rage active.

Struggling a bit for dmg, but I also pathed both to the left and the right which seems like it might be inefficient. Just hit maps at 72 with garbage gear so struggling a bit for life (approx 3k).the evasion helps but any hits are a bit rippy. This should get better with gear and switching from tabula.
So, after feeling some things were off in the league I did some digging on my old SST charr that followed the old POB back in 3.12.

What I discovered was the following:

SSTs new behaviour that now inherently chains, does 100% function with Lioneye's Vision Pierce. It even works with Chain Support if you'd want greater clear for lower damage.

Mana costs are absolutely enormous. With a -8 and -9 ring, 6L Lioneye's (making it a 7L) The mana cost is at a staggering 68 mana per cast. Meaning without the crafts on my rings, the cost is 85 mana per cast. Therefor I second the notion of trying out Blood magic or lifetap that some people have mentioned earlier.

The wished for Auras setup is no-longer functional. Fenumus' Weaves level 20 Aspect of the Spider now reserves a whooping 50% instead of previously 25% mana. Making just Pride/Mal + Spider 100% mana res. This means you can't cast anything, and you cannot have War Baner.

Might be something I missed, but I can only see us getting 80% chance to cause bleeding on off-hand hits with SST with our tree, this is also now true for the old tree, since I doubt I got to 96 with 80% chance to cause bleeding before. I'm not 100% sure where this change has come from, if it's our Ascendency or if it's in the Passives. Where do we get the last 20% we need for that sweet sweet 100% now?

Also saw some people suggesting to use Aul's Uprising to get Pride, which imo isn't a bad idea - if you can get a Warlord's ring for the vulnerability - even if the max is like 6 or 8, will still be stronger overall with a 20 Pride on top, and a Malovelence + War Banner giving you a 60% mana res - Which does make the build viable without a life tap / blood magic gem.

Also this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3150828?fbclid=IwAR0kTNO5BHhejdSYnpCyuiTOt_pFE8aVoXl4gr1hBTy6P036m3u_XElmtSk

To be specific: "Were the Mana Cost Multiplier changes on Support Gems too Extreme?
Yes, they were too extreme. Based on feedback and data, we are reviewing the mana cost multipliers again and will be reducing many (but not all) of them. While this will ease the impact on your mana by a moderate amount, the goal is still that mana matters a lot more than it did before."

They have noticed and realised that the mana costs are TOO extreme and will hopefully ASAP - Fingers crossed this will solve all of our end-game mana problems too once we have our 7L, possibly reserve more mana than 60%, which leaves room for Herald of Purity that was (recently I assume) Put into the build for some added defense. This gives us an 85% Mana reserved, which if we get our mana costs reduced is viable - Otherwise I'd assume it'd have to be a blood magic/Life Tap setup if the mana cost reductions aren't up to par for us with their next hotfix.

That's all i got for now, hopefully this helps someone :D

On another note, Imo Shield Crush feels very clunky and lacks the range of SST. If you feel weak or slow while lvling, focus on your shield and defensives, get shields like Titucius Span or Chernobogs Pillar or other High armor / High Evasion shields. Lycosidae isn't that much stronger than Kaltenhalt, considering one is currently 4 chaos and the other is 1 Alch. (For fresh league obv, the other stuff is stronger with Lycosidae, but it's not worth 4 chaos if you're starting out as a sub 30)

Good luck in the League my fellow Shield Brothers!
Dernière édition par Ajaxolder, le 27 juil. 2021 08:17:25
I got BIG problems with mana with 5L :( I dont even know how it will look with 6l/7l. I feel like Blood Magic is must have and we just need to live without banner.
Mortal Conviction is definitely a must, the mana cost is way too high, even with -mana on rings. The extra 20% life is nice too.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires