[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
Eridoo a écrit :
"
ShirakFaeryn a écrit :
Would you guys say this bleed version has respectable DPS for the tankiness tradeoff?

It depends how much you're going to invest. I recorded my last sirus fight to show how trivial he can be with full gear. I eat every attack and his last phase takes me less than 1 minute with roughly 4.5m sirus bleed dps and I don't even get the opportunity to cull him because he's doing his maze. This is quite a bit of investment to get here, and I'm playing blood magic like an idiot so you can get more dps than this and be tankier following this guide, my hp is probably a lot lower than most.

So I'd say yes, the tankiness tradeoff is worth it. Even if it takes you twice as long to kill him, he practically can't kill you. I've done every invitation with no problems with much lower dps than I have now.

Disclaimer: don't play like me there's something wrong with my brain

https://youtu.be/KUi6Ob3Mu-I

Don't worry, there's plenty wrong with my brain too - which is why I would rather be a tanky bruiser than a glass cannon. Never could pull off a stereotypical Mathil Build™️. I wasn't sure about this build because the POBs I saw in the build guide itself were very entry-level, and the damage was extremely lacking even on the end-game setup. That could have been user-error on my part not knowing how the damage was calculated, or not accounting for variables such as chains, extra projectiles, etc. And in the videos their damage was....ehhh. The gladiator I'm transitioning is currently an impale lacerate glad and does between 2mil to 6mil dps depending on flasks, charges, etc. so I didn't want to downgrade. However after reading your reply and seeing your Sirus fight I decided to comb through the thread more deeply, and I'm definitely on board for the bleed version. Looks like you've been super active in helping folks out too. Thanks for being awesome.

Off-topic, I really miss how lacerate used to feel. Was my favorite skill, and has some amazing MTX.
Dernière édition par ShirakFaeryn, le 22 sept. 2021 15:39:31
"
ShirakFaeryn a écrit :

Don't worry, there's plenty wrong with my brain too - which is why I would rather be a tanky bruiser than a glass cannon. Never could pull off a stereotypical Mathil Build™️. I wasn't sure about this build because the POBs I saw in the build guide itself were very entry-level, and the damage was extremely lacking even on the end-game setup. That could have been user-error on my part not knowing how the damage was calculated, or not accounting for variables such as chains, extra projectiles, etc. And in the videos their damage was....ehhh. The gladiator I'm transitioning is currently an impale lacerate glad and does between 2mil to 6mil dps depending on flasks, charges, etc. so I didn't want to downgrade. However after reading your reply and seeing your Sirus fight I decided to comb through the thread more deeply, and I'm definitely on board for the bleed version. Looks like you've been super active in helping folks out too. Thanks for being awesome.

Off-topic, I really miss how lacerate used to feel. Was my favorite skill, and has some amazing MTX.

I think I'm one of the few people who actually stuck with bleed sst because I like the skill and don't want to play a dodge class, so most people see it as just a league start or ssf build. It has to be the fastest mapper behind a raider stacking frenzies once you get used to shield charge, and there's no league mechanic it doesn't excel at because clear is so good. If you want to stick with it even Maven is eventually a joke with the brain only getting off 1 set of degens per phase, and maven only able to do 1 memory game in the final phase. My pob bleed dps is actually over 4.8m with everything up (my actual hit dps is negligible because I'm using deadly ailments), and I have built in cull on my gloves so it's almost like 10% more. With the clear speed and tankiness it definitely will not feel like a downgrade.
Dernière édition par Eridoo, le 22 sept. 2021 16:26:52
Eridoo
Could you check my char please? What should I improve expect helmet?
"
swimhigh a écrit :
Eridoo
Could you check my char please? What should I improve expect helmet?

Your gear looks good, depending how much currency you have you could get double influenced apothecary gloves with elevated phys dot and another good mod like cull or +max block. On your boots you could get chance to gain onlsaught and drop the onslaught flask OR bleeding deals damage % faster - getting them together is almost impossible to find and my boots are the only thing that annoys me because my hunter slam gave me ignite instead of bleed.

Other than that you could rearrange your tree a bit and add a full cluster setup with 1 large/2m medium/1 or 2 small, you can look at mine for an idea of decent notables and look for small passives that help fill out your res/block/life etc.

EDIT: also a better chest with -mana cost and fix your flasks

EDIT2: There's also small things like catalyzing rings or looking at some alt quality gems.
Dernière édition par Eridoo, le 22 sept. 2021 17:02:12
Thanks for advice sir!
Dernière édition par hellosilence, le 22 sept. 2021 17:06:38
"
ShirakFaeryn a écrit :

Nostalgia ;/

I leveled one Lacerate bleed glad this league - hit lvl 97, and it's lvl 100 viable build still, but you can feel those nerfs in comparison to those glorious times of Heist or Ritual :/
And SST bleed we have here does those things related to bleed currently just better (mainly because it's easier to reach higher damage and of it being a ranged build).

As a replacement for lacerate this league we can go to Shield Crush - very similar play style, but a bit closer to enemies - feels more "personal" ;] Also leveled it to 97, and while SST is meta, Shield Crush is definitely an underdog this league - really solid stuff.
"
artisanix a écrit :
"
ShirakFaeryn a écrit :

Nostalgia ;/

I leveled one Lacerate bleed glad this league - hit lvl 97, and it's lvl 100 viable build still, but you can feel those nerfs in comparison to those glorious times of Heist or Ritual :/
And SST bleed we have here does those things related to bleed currently just better (mainly because it's easier to reach higher damage and of it being a ranged build).

As a replacement for lacerate this league we can go to Shield Crush - very similar play style, but a bit closer to enemies - feels more "personal" ;] Also leveled it to 97, and while SST is meta, Shield Crush is definitely an underdog this league - really solid stuff.

I actually league started and played the first 5 or so weeks of this league on PS4, and played shield crush for most of that time. I like the idea of it, wish it would scale just a little harder on single target compared to SST, but visually it's just...meh. I loved lacerate for the whole package: It looked cool, it sounded cool, it applied bleed, and had some range to it. Shield crush had a lot of the same stuff, but didn't quite hit the mark on a couple of those for me. Maybe after next patch and some MTX comes out for shield crush I might like it more.

my build so far

wondering if theres a reason some of the higher versions use accuracy sword... is it just for the passive point back?

im thinking of going another large cluster and losing the top right of my tree, i see a few people tried that any ideas?

i think im going to re-make my helm as i need 15 int to gain another passive back

besides that i could go for some crazy malevolence watchers? is there any obvious problems with my build/gear as i see it seems to have progressed in this thread
Eridoo
What is your opinion about flask setup and enchants?
Considering trying out SST has anyone here played/tried out using headhunter with SST does it feel good or is a simple stygian overall better?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires