[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
Kalithas a écrit :
Do you guys think the endgame body armor goal is still the rare chest with the mana cost reduction and high life etc ?

I think this is what I'm going to do. I'm running into single target mana issues even with mana leech on 2 jewels and the "Non-channeled skills have -# mana cost" craft on a ring. Oddly enough, I've found that killing fully juiced metamorphs is actually easier for me than some of the map bosses, since I can rely on the metamorphs spawning enemies for me to leech mana from. Map bosses that rarely spawn enemies really suck for me to kill (especially some conquerors!), because if I miss click once, or a couple of my shield throws miss due to having < 100% accuracy, I'll basically be out of mana and won't be able to cast another SST unless I wait for the regen or use a mana potion.

Mana is a huge issue for me right now, and from my experience, the mana leech from the Lioneye's chest combined with the "Non-channeled skills have -# mana cost" ring craft is NOT enough to sustain mana. I'm going to try a chest piece with the "Socketed attacks have -15 to mana cost" affix on it and see how that goes.
Dernière édition par Squatch, le 9 janv. 2020 12:58:10
"
Squatch a écrit :
"
Kalithas a écrit :
Do you guys think the endgame body armor goal is still the rare chest with the mana cost reduction and high life etc ?

I think this is what I'm going to do. I'm running into single target mana issues even with mana leech on 2 jewels and the "Non-channeled skills have -# mana cost" craft on a ring. Oddly enough, I've found that killing fully juiced metamorphs is actually easier for me than some of the map bosses, since I can rely on the metamorphs spawning enemies for me to leech mana from. Map bosses that rarely spawn enemies really suck for me to kill (especially some conquerors!), because if I miss click once, or a couple of my shield throws miss due to having < 100% accuracy, I'll basically be out of mana and won't be able to cast another SST unless I wait for the regen or use a mana potion.

Mana is a huge issue for me right now, and from my experience, the mana leech from the Lioneye's chest combined with the "Non-channeled skills have -# mana cost" ring craft is NOT enough to sustain mana. I'm going to try a chest piece with the "Socketed attacks have -15 to mana cost" affix on it and see how that goes.

Yes, but does it worth it tho? How well does sst single target scale with a better shield once you have that chest armor, let's say 2700+ armor shield. I have no idea tbh o.O

My experience so far is that metamorphs are going down fast once they spawn their adds. I have only 4 watchstone conquerors left, I have not tried to kill any of them with this build.
"
Squatch a écrit :

I imported your character as your mana problems really got me curious.

Your second mana leech jewel is doing nothing. In my pob your capped on your mana leech (20% = 133) even with one jewel. So you could get Mana on Hit here.

You could optimize the ring craft from -7 to -9 and also use it on the 2nd ring.

Currently without those changes and without the chest your SST cost 23 mana. Even with all buffs and let's say spamming 4 Attacks per Second you consuming under 100 mana.

Leech + Reg is > 150 mana. So for me that sounds like a good buffer. Pretty strange that you have so much issues :(
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Dernière édition par paLe1337, le 10 janv. 2020 03:57:02
"
Kalithas a écrit :
"
Squatch a écrit :
"
Kalithas a écrit :

Yes, but does it worth it tho? How well does sst single target scale with a better shield once you have that chest armor, let's say 2700+ armor shield. I have no idea tbh o.O

My experience so far is that metamorphs are going down fast once they spawn their adds. I have only 4 watchstone conquerors left, I have not tried to kill any of them with this build.

Try import my character, i have a 2800 armor shield, a chest with -15 mana and a mana leech ring. I killed 3 times sirus, all the conquerors, elder and shaper
"
Try import my character, i have a 2800 armor shield, a chest with -15 mana and a mana leech ring. I killed 3 times sirus, all the conquerors, elder and shaper

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not here to say that the build is bad or anything. I have played two leagues so far, so my knowledge of the game is still not there. However I understand that for endgame, single target damage is somewhat crucial this league. Also I got some extreme luck with cards and currency, I got around 17ex to spend right now (avg. ex I made in a league is like 3 or 4)

So I'm just kind of puzzled if I should pump all my currency in this build or try a slayer cyclone build for example. I would like to kill bosses, and doing the endgame by myself would be cool.

Right now spectral shield throw on poeninja is at 0.1% , so beyond this thread there is nowhere to look for more information. And therefore I appreciate all your help and advice.
Dernière édition par Kalithas, le 10 janv. 2020 06:53:44
"
Kalithas a écrit :
"

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not here to say that the build is bad or anything. I have played two leagues so far, so my knowledge of the game is still not there. However I understand that for endgame, single target damage is somewhat crucial this league. Also I got some extreme luck with cards and currency, I got around 17ex to spend right now (avg. ex I made in a league is like 3 or 4)

So I'm just kind of puzzled if I should pump all my currency in this build or try a slayer cyclone build for example. I would like to kill bosses, and doing the endgame by myself would be cool.

Right now spectral shield throw on poeninja is at 0.1% , so beyond this thread there is nowhere to look for more information. And therefore I appreciate all your help and advice.

My build now is around 27/28 exa (got lukcy too with a drop of awakened multistrike).
Scaling SST is harder than other skills in my opinions so with the same cost or less you can make a build with a lot more dps
To add on that I think that my build is pretty maxed out right now except for leveling awakened gems. The best upgrade has certainly be the -15 chest. I've looked for the best options there when it comes to powerfull mods from the new crusaders. I've settled for the consecrated ground while stationary mod and damn it's been a blast. That actually helps a ton vs degens because my life regen has increased tremendously. I am a tank it all kinda person that mostly just presses the SST buttons and prays the block does the heavy lifting unless fighting certain maps (SC that is ;))

Together with my new belt that makes me immune to ignite, pantheon for poison immunity that leaves me with just the ground degens but the life regens neutralises a lot. The -15 on chest + -9 on ring leaves me with a 3 mana cost SST eventually. I am planning to link the SST to awakened unbound ailments again and link the Maim to Flesh and Stone. Running 4 aura's. (Flesh and Stone, Pride (enlighten lvl 3 both) and vulnerability + spider's aura. Linking maim to flesh and stone in blood stance triggers the -14 on increased physical damage taken.

The question whether or not this character was worth the investment (around 25ex or something) is still a hard one. I think there are way cheaper meta builds that destroy the content easier. But this character has been a blast and I would seriously consider building this one again. The last upgrade for me is the shield where I want a 2900+ one.

Edit: My jewels can actually be increased because I don't have the best ones out there, but that's a costly upgrade process again. It will add 8k dps again if I replace all four with the correct ones. Which is again 64k with crimson dance so might be worht. But overall it's impossible to scale this build over 1,5 mil dps.
Dernière édition par dommerick, le 10 janv. 2020 15:29:24
"
paLe1337 a écrit :
"
Squatch a écrit :

Your second mana leech jewel is doing nothing. In my pob your capped on your mana leech (20% = 133) even with one jewel. So you could get Mana on Hit here.

You could optimize the ring craft from -7 to -9 and also use it on the 2nd ring.

Currently without those changes and without the chest your SST cost 23 mana. Even with all buffs and let's say spamming 4 Attacks per Second you consuming under 100 mana.

Leech + Reg is > 150 mana. So for me that sounds like a good buffer. Pretty strange that you have so much issues :(

Looks like you imported my character when I was in the middle of re-configuring everything. I no longer have mana issues.

I bought a 6L chest for 2ex that has the -15 to mana cost affix on it. Combine that with a single mana leech jewel and that's all I really need to run Pride, a banner, aspect of the spider, and precision. I haven't tested removing the master crafted -mana cost ring yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't needed anymore. All good on the mana front now after that chest piece. Awesome build!
"
Squatch a écrit :
"
paLe1337 a écrit :
"
Squatch a écrit :

Looks like you imported my character when I was in the middle of re-configuring everything. I no longer have mana issues.

I bought a 6L chest for 2ex that has the -15 to mana cost affix on it. Combine that with a single mana leech jewel and that's all I really need to run Pride, a banner, aspect of the spider, and precision. I haven't tested removing the master crafted -mana cost ring yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't needed anymore. All good on the mana front now after that chest piece. Awesome build!

Keep the mana craft and go for enlighten lvl 3 so that you can run another 25% aura like herald of purity instead of warbanner + precision ;)
"
Meru84 a écrit :
"
Kalithas a écrit :
"

My build now is around 27/28 exa (got lukcy too with a drop of awakened multistrike).
Scaling SST is harder than other skills in my opinions so with the same cost or less you can make a build with a lot more dps

I decied to stay with the build for this league and I bought some upgrades :)
Could you tell me your pantheon setup for maps and bosses (sirus) ?
Also, any vaal skill that would fit in this build? Vaal molten shell maybe?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires