[3.10] Storm Brand Pathfinder | All Content | League Starter | PoB updated [T16] [UE] [Pathfinder]

got the same problem with single target dps, it's just not there (using tabby)

im guessing its gonna be worse with a 5L QOTF, plus 5 B QOTF is goddamn expensive
"
Orangeheels a écrit :
I'm really enjoying the build but it seems like your PoB link has broken? It doesn't have the same skills and when I try to pull your character directly it doesn't work out.

QQ as well, why would we use Controlled Destruction when we have so many crit nodes?

Hey!

I am glad you are enjoying the build! The reason it is messed up when you bring down my character from standard is because I moved the gear around to my stash/other characters!

The reasoning behind Controlled Destruction is because we use it in conjunction with the support gem Increased Critical Strike Chance Support as it outweighs the detriment of using Controlled Destruction while gaining the more damage multiplier!
Path of Building with items
https://pastebin.com/5Md1WdRL

Thanks! If you have any other questions feel free to stop by the stream or leave a message here!

"
cdnza a écrit :
Alright, made some good progress today despite not being able to play much last night due to network problems.

Got my 5L BBBBBG QotF! Actually paid less than 2ex which seems like crazy value to me. 214% inc movespeed now which is pretty nice. Currently trying to make my way through red maps but I feel like I reeeeaaaally need some DPS upgrades. I've tried using 4-link VSC and 4-link LST for single-target but either way I still take 2-3 minutes to kill map bosses that have any kind of defensive mods.

Pastebin of current state is here: https://pastebin.com/i0LPUzxi if anyone who knows better feels like helping me out with what I should do first! I realise my wand, shield, amulet and jewels are all pretty bad, but it's hard to know what the most important upgrades are now.

I'm also thinking of respeccing from alira to skillpoints so i can slot an Intuitive Leap to grab the charges on kill notable. If I do this, should I substitute PCoC for something else?

Hello!

You have found a really good chest piece so early in the league congrats! After going over your character, I would say that the easiest and cheapest upgrades for DPS would be your weapon/shield OR amulet if you can afford a choir of the storm. Now I would focus on adds # to # lightning damage to SPELLS on PROFANE WANDS and if you can afford it, Cast speed OR search for a wand with the mods listed with an OPEN suffix. Here is an example search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/5roELjta - adds # to # Lightning damage to spells + open suffix.

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks again and feel free to come check out the stream and ask some questions as well! I'd be happy to answer them for you!

"
liekmudkips a écrit :

im guessing its gonna be worse with a 5L QOTF, plus 5 B QOTF is goddamn expensive

Hey!

At a cursory glance, I would check out the wand search in the section above and replace yours and see how the damage feels. Adds # to # lightning damage to spells is incredibly powerful and will shoot your damage up tremendously!

Thanks!
Twitch.tv/Kevic
Guide Forum posts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2461277
Dernière édition par Kevic, le 11 mars 2019 00:00:15
"
"
Orangeheels a écrit :
I'm really enjoying the build but it seems like your PoB link has broken? It doesn't have the same skills and when I try to pull your character directly it doesn't work out.

QQ as well, why would we use Controlled Destruction when we have so many crit nodes?

Hey!

I am glad you are enjoying the build! The reason it is messed up when you bring down my character from standard is because I moved the gear around to my stash/other characters!

The reasoning behind Controlled Destruction is because we use it in conjunction with the support gem Increased Critical Strike Chance Support as it outweighs the detriment of using Controlled Destruction while gaining the more damage multiplier!
Path of Building with items
https://pastebin.com/5Md1WdRL

Thanks! If you have any other questions feel free to stop by the stream or leave a message here!

"
cdnza a écrit :
Alright, made some good progress today despite not being able to play much last night due to network problems.

Got my 5L BBBBBG QotF! Actually paid less than 2ex which seems like crazy value to me. 214% inc movespeed now which is pretty nice. Currently trying to make my way through red maps but I feel like I reeeeaaaally need some DPS upgrades. I've tried using 4-link VSC and 4-link LST for single-target but either way I still take 2-3 minutes to kill map bosses that have any kind of defensive mods.

Pastebin of current state is here: https://pastebin.com/i0LPUzxi if anyone who knows better feels like helping me out with what I should do first! I realise my wand, shield, amulet and jewels are all pretty bad, but it's hard to know what the most important upgrades are now.

I'm also thinking of respeccing from alira to skillpoints so i can slot an Intuitive Leap to grab the charges on kill notable. If I do this, should I substitute PCoC for something else?

Hello!

You have found a really good chest piece so early in the league congrats! After going over your character, I would say that the easiest and cheapest upgrades for DPS would be your weapon/shield OR amulet if you can afford a choir of the storm. Now I would focus on adds # to # lightning damage to SPELLS on PROFANE WANDS and if you can afford it, Cast speed OR search for a wand with the mods listed with an OPEN suffix. Here is an example search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/5roELjta - adds # to # Lightning damage to spells + open suffix.

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks again and feel free to come check out the stream and ask some questions as well! I'd be happy to answer them for you!

"
liekmudkips a écrit :

Hey!

At a cursory glance, I would check out the wand search in the section above and replace yours and see how the damage feels. Adds # to # lightning damage to spells is incredibly powerful and will shoot your damage up tremendously!

Thanks!

getting one of the wands you recommended with the lightning to spells brings my tooltip down about 400 dps, is cast speed uncalculated in tooltip dps?
"
liekmudkips a écrit :

getting one of the wands you recommended with the lightning to spells brings my tooltip down about 400 dps, is cast speed uncalculated in tooltip dps?

Tooltip DPS is famously unreliable in PoE. I recommend checking out your numbers in PoB with charges/status/flasks etc configuration set up to get a better picture. This way you can also see what effect new gear will have on your damage numbers before buying it.
pretty sure theres no way the dps scales up to 800k, i've checked out all the options in pob (admittedly with shit wands), and im only up to 60k with a standard boss (branded enemy)
"
liekmudkips a écrit :
pretty sure theres no way the dps scales up to 800k, i've checked out all the options in pob (admittedly with shit wands), and im only up to 60k with a standard boss (branded enemy)

I'm almost at 100k shaper DPS and I still have nodes to get, I have a garbage amulet, I don't have wrath yet (waiting on essence worm), I don't have a -res helm or a stormbrand enchant, I still have a 5L, I don't even have 20/0 gems let alone 21/20, etc. I think the DPS will be perfectly good even with the nerf - 600k seems attainable.
Dernière édition par cdnza, le 11 mars 2019 12:40:35
"
cdnza a écrit :
"
liekmudkips a écrit :

I'm almost at 100k shaper DPS and I still have nodes to get, I have a garbage amulet, I don't have wrath yet (waiting on essence worm), I don't have a -res helm or a stormbrand enchant, I still have a 5L, I don't even have 20/0 gems let alone 21/20, etc. I think the DPS will be perfectly good even with the nerf - 600k seems attainable.

tell me your secrets!

also can u check my profile and tell me what im doing wrong? i feel like you need super good wands/ daggers to reach that level of damage
"
liekmudkips a écrit :

tell me your secrets!

also can u check my profile and tell me what im doing wrong? i feel like you need super good wands/ daggers to reach that level of damage

Loaded you into PoB. Your damage really isn't that much lower than mine. Your items could all use improvement (my weapons are a bit better but its not a huge difference). You can still get some good DPS from your tree too - Arcane Potency and Throatseeker clusters each give you almost 5% DPS per point, as does Lightning Walker. You can change Increased Critical Strikes to a 20/0 Added Lightning for a further 30% increase too.

Even before all those changes you still have 97k shaper dps per brand. What is the problem you are having exactly?
"
cdnza a écrit :
"
liekmudkips a écrit :

tell me your secrets!

Loaded you into PoB. Your damage really isn't that much lower than mine. Your items could all use improvement (my weapons are a bit better but its not a huge difference). You can still get some good DPS from your tree too - Arcane Potency and Throatseeker clusters each give you almost 5% DPS per point, as does Lightning Walker. You can change Increased Critical Strikes to a 20/0 Added Lightning for a further 30% increase too.

Even before all those changes you still have 97k shaper dps per brand. What is the problem you are having exactly?

was having problems with uber izaro for a bit before, given that i'm used to insta-gibbing him with BV, storm brand ticks for so long and you're stuck running around like a chicken with it's head cut off until he dies...

kinda wish the build had MoM, feels like its too squishy
Yeah, I got a carry for uber lab for my first time with this build. Didn't feel like I would be able to take izaro at all. Will probably have to get a carry for my shaper to get t16 orb too - but I'm fine with being bad at bosses if it means farming as quickly as this build does!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires