[3.10] Storm Brand Pathfinder | All Content | League Starter | PoB updated [T16] [UE] [Pathfinder]

I highly recommend you switch

with

I think it gives us a substantial boost in DPS (at least if I'm using PoB correctly)

What do u think?

CAUTION: Queen of The Forest will be very hard to make into 5 Blue 1 Green sockets and available ones on trade are pretty expensive.

So I'm actually keeping QoF with original gem setup and gonna use it for lab farming 'cause of mvt speed.

I switched to this now for normal mapping and bosses as it provides a nice DPS and defense boost as you suggested during your stream yesterday.

I also Vaaled my gloves and got

So I'm keeping that instead of Duration Gems +2 corruption, right?

High budget DPS upgrade (around +17% for me):

+
Dernière édition par Roolstar, le 19 janv. 2019 09:39:25
"
Roolstar a écrit :
I highly recommend you switch

with

I think it gives us a substantial boost in DPS (at least if I'm using PoB correctly)

What do u think?

CAUTION: Queen of The Forest will be very hard to make into 5 Blue 1 Green sockets and available ones on trade are pretty expensive.

So I'm actually keeping QoF with original gem setup and gonna use it for lab farming 'cause of mvt speed.

I switched to this now for normal mapping and bosses as it provides a nice DPS and defense boost as you suggested during your stream yesterday.

I also Vaaled my gloves and got

So I'm keeping that instead of Duration Gems +2 corruption, right?

High budget DPS upgrade (around +17% for me):

+

Hey Roolstar,

We've talked a lot both on and off stream and swapped a good amount of info! Thanks again for your dedication to the build and wanted to find out more with me!

Lets go down the list of things for your post:

First - Gems

We have talked ALOT about gems as they are an integral thing to this build and to all builds.
I believe i have 2-3 NEW setups for the build based on what you aim to do.

Shock Bosses
Storm Brand > Concentrated Effect > Power Charge on Critical Strike > Increased Critical Strike Support > Controlled Destruction > Lightning Penetration

No Shock on Bosses
Storm Brand > Concentrated Effect > Power Charge on Critical Strike > Increased Critical Strike Support > Controlled Destruction > Elemental Focus

Mapping + Color of chest links
Storm Brand > Concentrated Effect > Power Charge on Critical Strike > Increased Critical Strike Support > Controlled Destruction > Added Cold Damage(GREEN)/Added Lightning damage(BLUE)

Next - Chest

Loreweave
Loreweave is a great and cheap option for both bosses and mapping. Its WAY easier to get the link colors we want AND it gives a good boost to damage and survivability! I personally will Continue to stick with QotF for mapping FOR THE TIME BEING and do some extensive tests on loreweave clear speed vs QotF. The main thing to ideally consider is that loreweave is way cheaper to make and color which is our MAIN issue with this build AND it gives us the coverage we need with the increase in total resistances.

Next - Gloves

Glove Corruption
That corruption is amazing for mapping because you will get frenzy charges from herald of ice + ice bite. For bosses though, they are kind of lackluster as we do not have a reliable way to generate frenzy charges outside of killing extra monsters which some bosses do not have.

The reason I wanted the duration corruption and eventually a duration + aoe is because it effects vaal storm call and makes killing map bosses and betrayal mobs faster and easier.

FInally - Ring combo

Elder Essence Worm
This is very good for bosses as curses are MUCH weaker against bosses. The big issue is that the ring is very expensive (8ish exalts). I personally would rather the conductivity ring for mapping since it allows us to kill mobs faster. Ideally in the boss killer setup this is the best option for rings.

Extra info

Guide update
Two things:
Firstly, The guide is doing insanely well and i never thought it would get as big as it has. Thank you for looking at it and trying the build. I am doing a lot of updates offline of my stream and work in order to push bigger updates but at a slower rate in order to push as much info as possible into each update. I also want to change the video i put up to go along with the guide as I've gotten some feedback on it and I missed some integral part of VIDEO guides and need to update it accordingly.
Secondly, I have been doing some work on Weapons as they are important to this build. I want to move away from the "enemies killed explode for 5% of the life" Mod as the restriction is hard to attain for new players and it causes some dumb stat requirements if people cant find the specific low tier mace. This opens up options for wands and daggers for weapons which are way more fluid and beneficial for the build itself. I want to be able to make it easier to start playing the build without worrying about what you absolutely need and since it seems to be less available for players I am constantly trying to find a way to change it. - That being said:

Herald of Ice should be enough for map clear. I need to figure out the threshold for shatter cascades and put that info together for it. I have some info typed out but ideally it will be put together tonight.

Thanks again for the constant feedback and know that I am looking at every comment and taking it into consideration!
Twitch.tv/Kevic
Guide Forum posts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2461277
"
Hey!

So where the links specifically go does not matter as long as you can get those links working. I.E the mace is the easiest for Immortal call > Increased Duration > Cast when damage taken because it is a Strength base so it is easier to roll 3 red's.

How you socket your gems in your gear is really up to you as your gear will be different than mine considering what rares you get and what you NEED in regard to resistances. I would use herald of thunder with just an enlighten (lv2) in anywhere you can fit it. Once you are able to afford Aspect of the spider you free up two gem links in your gear for you to add whatever you would like.

Sorry for the confusion! But a good rule of thumb is to think of your gem links to be as fluid as possible and that it doesnt matter where they go as long as they fulfill the amount of links required!

Thanks for reading and responding! If you are still confused or have another questions please PM me in game or back here in the guide!

Hi there,
I was wondering which auras/heralds you were/are running in conjunction with Aspect of the Spider? I was trying to run wrath and a 4-linked Herald of Ice with Aspect of the Spider but couldn't find mana.

Thanks.
Hey,

So the setup is this: Wrath in Essence worm for free wrath, Herald of Ice > Innervate > Ice Bite > Enlighten(lv3), Aspect of the spider

This leaves you with around 100-200 mana which should be enough to start killing packs and gaining the mana leech through the watcher's eye.

If it is still confusing, please message me in game!

Thanks
Twitch.tv/Kevic
"
Hey,

So the setup is this: Wrath in Essence worm for free wrath, Herald of Ice > Innervate > Ice Bite > Enlighten(lv3), Aspect of the spider

This leaves you with around 100-200 mana which should be enough to start killing packs and gaining the mana leech through the watcher's eye.

If it is still confusing, please message me in game!

Thanks

Thanks - I see my problem. I have Aspect of the Spider provided by my boots. The boots also house the CwdT-Immortal Call-Inc Duration setup and since AotS has a duration tag (or otherwise has a duration), it's also implicitly linked to the Inc Duration gem which multiplies AotS's reserved mana to 53%.

Looks like I'll be switching some sockets around.
Thanks.
I wanted to try storm brand character this league however I only lvld a Ranger so going pathfinder was the only option for me and this build helped me in creating my character. It turned out pretty well I think. I built it a bit differently - i went power charges, MoM, Shroud, rare mace & +2shield for maps and 2x void battery on swap for bosses.

I think uber elder was one of the easiest I ever did. Thanks for this build I can vouch that it works very well

My gear:

Spoiler
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
Dernière édition par JessicaSc2, le 7 févr. 2019 12:29:39
Hey JessicaSc2!

Thanks for posting your gear for your character! You've definitely helped me reconsider cheap gear for next league! I forgot how good and useful Shroud of the Lightless actually is for this build as we would just use lightning pen anyway so the elemental proliferation works to our benefit very well. This is a good consideration if it is harder to get a Loreweave or buying a 6-link Loreweave is too expensive at the time.

You have definitely made me realize that there are actually many options for this build in regards to cheaper options that work for endgame content. I enjoy the fact that Shroud could be a good moving point/upgrade for chest instead of shelling out a ton of extra money for a 6 link earlier in the league vs wearing a Tabula forever.
I also really enjoy the Cinderswallow Urn for the constant onslaught + some needed sustain while clearing maps and extra monsters during boss fights! I use it in my other build which is a Storm Brand Assassin that manipulates power charges to gain a lot of extra damage along with natural culling strike. Cinderswallow Urn is actually a great tool for early sustain that most builds probably have an issue with. I hope the item is easy to come by next league as it could be a good upgrade path similar to Shroud of the Lightless - Not to expensive with a substantial difference in power/sustain.

Thanks again for vouching for the guide and reading it through! Every time someone is able to use this guide to help their play in POE it makes me so incredibly happy!
Twitch.tv/Kevic
Hey there! This is my first season and I've been wasting all my time trying different alts and builds to get a feel for what I like. In looking at what I'll be using for a league starter next season, I have been considering using a PF (because I like the playstyle) and Storm Brand (because I leveled a few alts with it, which is smooooooooth, but never scaled it into endgame). Finding this build seems like the best of both worlds and I'm heavily leaning towards it.

My question is, assuming no changes that affect the build next season, do you think this is a viable league starter? Some of those items are cheap now at the end of the league but how well will it work while that stuff is really hard to get? This will be my first season really TRYING at the start of the league so I want to make sure I have something that levels smoothly and also scales well into endgame.

Anyhow, thanks for the guide! And if you do think it'll be a good league starter, you should label it as such! Noobs like me look for that. :)
"
You have definitely made me realize that there are actually many options for this build in regards to cheaper options that work for endgame content. I enjoy the fact that Shroud could be a good moving point/upgrade for chest instead of shelling out a ton of extra money for a 6 link earlier in the league vs wearing a Tabula forever.

I am wearing shroud over Loreweave, it's just a really good armour for MoM. Especially that you can get an easy Storm Brand corruption for cheap, bot Duration and AoE corruptions work I've seen them selling for several exalts. +1 works too and I got this one for myself for 7ex

"
I also really enjoy the Cinderswallow Urn for the constant onslaught + some needed sustain while clearing maps and extra monsters during boss fights!

Cinderswallow Urn is baisically one of the best flasks in the game. It grants instant life and mana recovery (saved my ass plenty of times in delve or mapping), 10% increased damage to mobs with Pathfinder ascendancy (just get 1 gem with fire damage to spells), 80% crit during flask effect and onslaught.

No need for watchers with leech either with this flask (I'm using damage one atm).

"
Thanks again for vouching for the guide and reading it through! Every time someone is able to use this guide to help their play in POE it makes me so incredibly happy!

No worries, pathfinder can actually be one of the best ascendancies for Storm Brand. Having powerful and flexible flask slots is really nice.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
Anyone try Inpulsa's for the chest ? Or would we lost too much DPS?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires