[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Enjoying the build. Not sure how much longer I'll stick around this league, but this has been fun.

Gear isn't perfect and could definitely be improved quite a bit, but not really having any issues killing anything or staying alive at this point.

Dernière édition par pyrexia, le 4 janv. 2019 05:54:05
Anyone here done Pure Breachstone bosses with this build? Wondering if I can kill those in a full party.
"
Dicey a écrit :
Anyone done much abyss jewel crafting for this build? Wondering how hard the cold / ele pen is to hit

Also, what lab enchants are good? Managed to snag a 30% enfeeble effect and a cursory search does not reveal much that looks better

Cold and elemental penetration works on hit so only effects the initial hit of vortex and cold snap for us and not the DOT which is where most of our damage comes from. It's not really worth going after penetration for this build.

Lab enchants would be 40% vortex or cold snap damage if you can afford, they were going for several exalts when I looked.
Hey, Read the full guide and really enjoy all the details and explanations!
I am a Hardcore player and since I started with that I cant go back, alltho
I am still kinda noob in POE I love the game and will keep tryin (have 3 sad dead guys atm)

My question is will this build do fine in HC? would you alter something big in the build if you would use it on HC?

As I said I have 3 dead guys wich of course hurt my eco but still got 2 exalts
and a few chaos left along with good lvling gear but what pieces are the best to
put currency in? I will prolly use tabula for quite some time!

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for answers!
Cheers

Edit: You guys who have lvld the build from start what gems did you use and
what items to recommend 1-60?
Since I will be using tabula and therefore got 6 link from start what gems should I use for as fast, safe, and good lvling as possible?
Dernière édition par HavskattenWAOW, le 4 janv. 2019 09:49:33
Okay so, it may seem obvious but if you’re going to run 4 auras you NEED enlighten gem +3(4 if you can afford it)and +mana on a few pieces to make it feel comfortable. You’re still waiting a little on mana regen, but it feels a lot better. I would recommend not running 4 until level 90+, just stick with the normal guide.

This build really is very strong, thank you!
"
zaibas a écrit :
what helmet enchant is best, vortex damage, duration, or cooldown recovery?

Duration is plenty long already at 4.5 seconds. I wouldn't feel the need for any extra duration at all. As for damage vs cooldown it comes down to what you want.

Cooldown recovery would help with clear speed, there are a few times where I pop an adrenaline move flask & phase flask and I'm left sitting in the middle of a packs waiting for a split second for vortex to come off cooldown. If I move using flame dash it is slow enough that vortex is back by the time I move.

Damage would help with boss fights, although through t14 maps I haven't found any boss that lasts more than a few seconds (unless scripted mechs force it to last). But for top tier fights perhaps the damage would be welcome. I do have a few more ele damage nodes than this build does, and a Rime Gaze (which is a substantial damage boost thanks to the cold multi).

For a rare helmet I'd probably take the damage for a Rime Gaze the cooldown.
Very details and comprehensive build guide, really love it, will get to try this later, after the coc ice nova build I just love all these cold spells.

I played a Low life essence drain occultist last league and it was fun and the amount the energy shield is really hard to die.

How are you compare the CI vs the low life one since I think low life is quite strong atm(though you need to stick to the shavronnes'warppings)?

Thank you for the guide.
Can you do a section for good gear that is recommended whilst levelling? Thanks <3
"
LoliThot a écrit :
Can you do a section for good gear that is recommended whilst levelling? Thanks <3

/leveling section

Cap resists, spell damage/cold damage on weapon

Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 4 janv. 2019 15:24:25
STRONK

Build rating: 5/7.
Dernière édition par ShoveMoneyDeeper, le 4 janv. 2019 16:27:07

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires