[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Something I don't get with this set up is the usage of EE.

Shouldn't the initial hit get severally gimped in damage due to mobs getting cold resist? Does this not matter for subsequent damage?

My Occultist is now 62 and I'm using the set up...just not sure I understand why it works so well lol
Great build, Excellent guide!
"
DamageIncorporated a écrit :
Something I don't get with this set up is the usage of EE.

Shouldn't the initial hit get severally gimped in damage due to mobs getting cold resist? Does this not matter for subsequent damage?

My Occultist is now 62 and I'm using the set up...just not sure I understand why it works so well lol

Since the build is scaling the DoT damage, and not the initial hit, the series of event should be:

1. Cold Snap / Vortex damages enemy (initial hit) and causes resist cold
2. Orb of Storms / Storm Brand hits enemy and switches to resist lightning
3. DoT damage of Cold Snap / Vortex does increased damage since the enemy is now vulnerable to cold (the DoT does not trigger EE itself)
Dernière édition par Schtauffen, le 3 janv. 2019 23:26:31
How is he running 4 auras and not making it feel really slow, due to low mana reserve? In the videos he’s only running 3.

Running a LL variation of this build at the moment. 10.5k ES with lvl 18 disc. Having a bit of trouble in more open maps. Vortex aoe is so small and without V cold snap it just feels rather slow.
Tried out the build, loving it so far!

I think you should definitely try out witchfire brew. Should be straight up better than most other flasks for this build.
Disregard, all is well
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 4 janv. 2019 23:40:03
"
AlGebrah a écrit :
Tried out the build, loving it so far!

I think you should definitely try out witchfire brew. Should be straight up better than most other flasks for this build.

Not too sure about witchfire brew tbh, unless you're invested into dual curse I'm pretty sure that the despair will override whatever blasphemy you're using, losing you a bit of defence, and between the reduced curse effects on bosses and it only being up to a +40% increased damage modifier, you may as well just use an overflowing chalice (which actually gives me the same dps as a witchfire without relying on max roll) and gain the consecrated ground health regen as a bonus.

edit: just managed my first uber elder run, died just as they got to about 25% health, and then just kept getting slapped within about 0.1s of getting through the portal by pre-charged attacks 4 times in a row, managed it on the last portal though.

Gear at the time:
Spoiler

Dernière édition par Carrmatt93, le 4 janv. 2019 03:36:20
Fantastic guide man, really detailed and covers everything!
Anyone done much abyss jewel crafting for this build? Wondering how hard the cold / ele pen is to hit

Also, what lab enchants are good? Managed to snag a 30% enfeeble effect and a cursory search does not reveal much that looks better

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires