[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

"
LegendaryMewtwo a écrit :
"
Wrath is 21% more spell damage for 50% mana reservation. Losing 2k HP for 21% more damage isn't really worth it. HoT on the other hand is 25% lightning penetration for less mana reserved, which is way better.

Instead of Wrath, do you think it's worth using Discipline? The mana reserved isn't as bad as Wrath and it improves survivability a bit.

Why are you so interested in reserving your mana pool on a MoM build?
Are you running Elemental Overload? That means crits dont do extra damage.
"
Soosiz a écrit :
Thank you for the guide! Currently rolling in t13+ maps where the single target damage seems to fall a bit, I still need to upgrade at least my amulet. Very smooth overall!

Lightning Spire
Spoiler
Instead of Wrath, do you think it's worth using Discipline? The mana reserved isn't as bad as Wrath and it improves survivability a bit.

Aren't you trading HP (mana) for another form of HP (ES) ? Besides, we have mana nodes on our tree to scale flat mana, but almost none to scale flat ES. Would not recommend

"
Does anyone have any idea of why turning on power charges on POB does nothing to dps shown? It doubles the crit chance, but the dps stays the same, and I have no idea why. Can´t storm brand damage crit? I was thinking of experimenting with assassins mark instead of ele weakness, since we have so much ele penetration anyway.

We have Elemental Overload - meaning while you can still Crit, Critting doesn't give you "extra' damage that it would normally give

"
"
Completed 13 ChallengesSoosiz wrote:
Thank you for the guide! Currently rolling in t13+ maps where the single target damage seems to fall a bit, I still need to upgrade at least my amulet. Very smooth overall!

What DamageIncorporated said, get a 5L minimum lightning spire trap
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
Just wanted to say thank you for the build! Very smooth leveling and with lightning spire trap the boss single target is pretty solid as well. It was a lot of fun, completed Uber Elder today and will probably roll something else soon. This was my gear at the time of the kill (Level 92).

Looks like the brand builds are getting popular. Jewels are 2-3ex now for area dmg, lightning dmg, and area dmg.
Hihi!

Can you help me understand the difference between your build and this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2271139/page/1

In the linked storm brand build, it goes the crit route. On PoB, it seems to have paper dps of 447k and 6k HP.

Your build has on paper dps of 174k dps, 6k HP acrobatics and MoM. So on paper it seems you have 1/3 less dps but more toughness.

So two questions:
1) So is crit route the better route for dps? I am not good at interpreting PoB so its a legimate question and not to bash either build guide :)

2) For single-target setup, instead of lightning spire trap, have you considered vaal storm call? I think I seen other guides using that. The mechanics might be better because laying traps is sometimes clunky when mobs move?

3) Is it possible to run this as a speed farmer build for t16s? CAn it run MF gear?

Thanks so much!
Best 5L setup for Carcas while I 6L my loreweave?

Also, which one is "better"?
Im terrible at looking for Spell weapons as I normally play ranged/melee
physical
What upgrade piece should I go for next?

Dernière édition par FissFiss, le 30 déc. 2018 01:33:59
"
FissFiss a écrit :
Best 5L setup for Carcas while I 6L my loreweave?

Also, which one is "better"?
Im terrible at looking for Spell weapons as I normally play ranged/melee
physical
What upgrade piece should I go for next?

I am not OP, but I don't think that either of those sceptres are particularly good. Of the two I would say the second one as it has cast speed on it, which the brands and traps will use as well. You will just have to scale more lightning damage on more pieces of your gear or jewels if you can.
Dernière édition par WR47H, le 30 déc. 2018 08:27:20
Hello, thank you for making such a comprehensive guide!

I wanted to ask if you could have a quick glance at my PoB (https://pastebin.com/c4ffwRta)
I'm trying to figure out what makes the huge difference between your 174k dps versus my 30k dps.
All I can find are minor increases in dps (the jewels, slightly better stats on certain gear peaces, but I can't find anything that would cause such a huge difference in dps)
I have got like 1-2ex to improve my gear but I'm not sure what would benefit me the most. Spending all of that on a jewel that will increase my dps by 3000 sounds like a waste.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires