[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

"
NakedPlumber a écrit :
Alot of questions: why do we need Controlled Destruction in Crit build.
And everytime we got answer - min crit is 5% (some people said 5.5%)
I'm lvl 70 and my crit is 4.4% with Controlled Destruction.
Maybe, maybe, It's enough according how often Storm Brand hits.
But I think you should change your calculations.

Because at level 70 you probably don't have enough Critical Strike Multiplier to make use of your crit even without Controlled Destruction. Controlled Destruction gives a large chunk of more spell damage with every hit (regardless of whether or not you crit), and this is almost always more than enough to overcome the reduced crit chance in terms of raw DPS.

It's even better when paired with Elemental Overload (which is why a lot of crit builds use EO while leveling), although due to the recent change allowing your crit chance to drop to 0%, you need to be careful with this. Since Storm Brand hits a lot, as long as you have some crit chance, you should be able to keep EO a sufficient amount - you'll have to watch your buff bar to see. Regardless, this shouldn't be a concern once you switch to full crit for this build, obviously you spec out of EO at that point.

If you are having doubts, load your build into PoB and swap CD with Increased Critical Strikes. It's almost always a damage loss, even at higher levels with tons of Crit Multi via jewels and tree.

That said, for non-elementalist cold builds, there is something to be said about a higher crit chance due to the inherit safety provided by freezing enemies. But we are not really worried about that here.
Dernière édition par CadmiumFlow, le 15 mars 2019 12:39:00
In the patch notes they said they removed the min and max crit chance, so you can go below 5% now.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Could anyone advice me on what i should focus to increase my dps? Rn it is ~10k tooltip dps in ho and looks like its not enough for highend content.
Spoiler

Is it because of weapons and i should consider swaping on duals or just get better main-hand? Or it it gems, and i should change my links and/or get it 20/20?
Dernière édition par dholly, le 16 mars 2019 17:35:39
this wear do not fit the build,
not enough dexterity for weapon and skills
TLDR my story with this build in new league.

— Nice and easy farming till like t14. Fast, explosions, fun.
— 4k hp + 1.5k mana = one-shot from t15-t16 bosses.
— i don't see any sense to min-max this for uber. there is no any defence levels, no armour, no evasion, nothing. Just bit of MoM. Even with min-maxing it will be like 6k hp, means one-shot from any rolled mino.
— 250k dps per brand is not enough to kill guardians smoothly

Thanks for the build and I reroll to occultist.

"
hwat a écrit :
TLDR my story with this build in new league.

— Nice and easy farming till like t14. Fast, explosions, fun.
— 4k hp + 1.5k mana = one-shot from t15-t16 bosses.
— i don't see any sense to min-max this for uber. there is no any defence levels, no armour, no evasion, nothing. Just bit of MoM. Even with min-maxing it will be like 6k hp, means one-shot from any rolled mino.
— 250k dps per brand is not enough to kill guardians smoothly

Thanks for the build and I reroll to occultist.

I've modified the build a bit and have MoM + 1.1k ES + 5k life. Its not hard to get and I'm cruising through everything including t15. Tried one minotaur so far (turns out turbo mod + vulnerability is bad) but I don't really see an issue with him considering he still wasn't one shotting. If anything the only real major issue with this build is consistent single target damage and mana leech.
Any reason you say carcass for dps? I spent multiple exalts trying to link one and couldnt get it to 6l so I looked at other options. Shroud of the Lightless seems like a better suggestion. It costs about 1 ex, has easy 6 link since you only need to 5l it, abyss socket, plus the extra defensiveness of shade form. In pob on my toon its less then a 2k dmg difference, and I have almost reached your pob dmg, so I am figuring the same would reflect on your toon and others.
Just wanted to notice that it is possible to obtain lightning damage leech from synthesis implicit now. Second best implicit imo should be lightning penetraion, so just get 3 amulets with flat lightning damage and craft increased lighting damage on each one. If im not mistaken than here should be a chance to get lighting penetration + leech.

also, +1 gems implicit should be somehow usefull for dual wielding instead of shield.
Dernière édition par dholly, le 20 mars 2019 18:56:00
what can i be doing to actually improve upon my build? i've been trying to follow this guide but i feel pretty weak. should i switch out my chest for a loreweave or something?

https://pastebin.com/4Qr9NZYL
Dernière édition par Iceblaze23, le 22 mars 2019 21:40:06
"
Iceblaze23 a écrit :
what can i be doing to actually improve upon my build? i've been trying to follow this guide but i feel pretty weak. should i switch out my chest for a loreweave or something?

https://pastebin.com/4Qr9NZYL
check me, you can import me by acc name. league syntesis char- mrMort

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires