[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor a écrit :

I would say "there is no way that cold penetration is better", because it's not exactly "multiplier", the more -res for enemy you have, the less potent it becomes.
Long story short, on your character it shows only 20% More damage, and if we turn off frostbite, it still only 25% more damage. While ES leech is flat out 24% More damage without that condition.

And i'm pretty sure that if you have bloodrage activated, and your regen can't completely negate it - you will be in "leeching" phase permanently, which is 39% leech.
Hypothermia is an option too, we can argue what's better, but i don't think that "cold penetration" even worthy to be called "best damage option", i would rather say that this is a gem, when you don't have anything else to place in green socket, quite undesirable.

If it's against guardians/shaper with high res, it's still not more than 30-33% or so, Hypothermia would be better, no?

I think this guy explained that degen from Blood Rage wont affect Enmergy leech as if we have no full ES so most of the time only the lower damage multiplier applies even if we are under Blood Rage degen:

"
pda898 a écrit :
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
"
Now that I think about it, if I understand correctly, while we have blood rage and between cwdt-ic procs we are never at full shields. So we get the bigger more modifier from leech gem most of the time as long as we have it on.

Then again, if we have too much regen from zealot's oath and it's bigger that blood rage degen then we're always on full shields.

From my experience with RF builds, as long as the degen is on, even if it's completely negated by ZO/Sulphur, you will still technically never be at full ES and will keep taking advantage of the high mod on EL.
Not that it really matters for clearing trash without getting hit. The bosses will hit you anyway.

Wrong - you will still count as degening (so no free soul procs) but you will count as on the full ES (because otherwise slayer couldnt use damage on full life support with blood rage).
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ay6btq/mark_15_posts_about_leech_rory_hold_my_beer/ei198ku/?context=3 Also confirmation from Rory

"
lilianmarius a écrit :
I think this guy explained that degen from Blood Rage wont affect Enmergy leech as if we have no full ES so most of the time only the lower damage multiplier applies even if we are under Blood Rage degen:

"
pda898 a écrit :
Wrong - you will still count as degening (so no free soul procs) but you will count as on the full ES (because otherwise slayer couldnt use damage on full life support with blood rage).
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ay6btq/mark_15_posts_about_leech_rory_hold_my_beer/ei198ku/?context=3 Also confirmation from Rory

No, he was talking about different thing. It was about "if your regen can outregen blood rage, are you still count as full ES or not?".
Long story short, if we can just outregen bloodrage without leech, then we count as full ES. Making it 24%
If we can't outregen bloodrage without leech, then obviously we are never on full es, and therefore we are always leeching, making it 39%.

That still have some issues which i don't know, and this is how exactly leech stop working at full ES.
If it stop instantly at the exact moment when we reach full ES, then it's probably will be 0% modifier. Cause we are never at full ES, if we can't outregen bloodrage, and we also don't always leeching, because leech will disappear the moment first icicle will land on enemy (that initial icicle will not have multi, because we didn't leeched before it landed... and the next icicle that landed in the next moment will not have multi too, because leech already healed us full and turned off, while blood rage still instantly made us "not full ES").
If it's so, ES leech gem would be completely useless, even worse than "lesser multi is applied", but that would be for a different reason, not about the thing posted above.

But if leech vanish slightly after them moment of reaching full ES, lets say 0.1 sec, then it will be 24%+39%=63% More damage instead. Because we will always be on full ES (leech lingering for a short time outmatching bloodrage DOT), and at the same time we are leeching (leech lingering for a short time). And at the moment that leech vanish - we apply another leech, because we are not full ES anymore. Making that situation permanent.

But well, i think that first situation is MUCH more likely, but you never know how programmers coded their game, so i wouldn't bet my life on it.
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 16 mars 2019 19:13:48
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
"
Kirian42 a écrit :
Is there a reason we're using Vortex on the big CWDT, rather than Cold Snap?

Or are most people just going with Blood rage anyway? (I haven't gotten into maps yet to upgrade Arakaali, so it'd be a bad idea)

Vortex does more damage than Cold Snap and does not have a long cooldown.

Once you get Arakaali upgraded, try Blood Rage and see which setup works better for you. With the ES regen in the completed build, Blood Rage degen is not an issue at all.

Yeah, I'm about 15 levels below the complete build... is the regen from Vile Bastion enough? It wouldn't work on bosses... or are we talking about Regen from ZO/Shaper/Shaper socket path?
"
ichbinwerichbi a écrit :
Hi at all

league wents well only one thing is terrible bad.

the map drops are not really there. I normally have in a 80 quant map one or two map drops. In good times 5 or 6

but this league i dont get maps. i did now 8 maps in a row with over 50 quant every map the best 110. And i got 3 maps in return.

its only bad rng or is the map rate tuned down?

also i did 28 maps and had not one trial. thats crazy!

I think they ninja nerf map drop since they make Niko always spawn x3 on map
ok so its not only me who has the problem sustaining maps.

I am now at map 65 and no trial. Is that a bug and should i write at ggg or its only bad rng ?
"
Kirian42 a écrit :
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
"
Kirian42 a écrit :
Is there a reason we're using Vortex on the big CWDT, rather than Cold Snap?

Or are most people just going with Blood rage anyway? (I haven't gotten into maps yet to upgrade Arakaali, so it'd be a bad idea)

Vortex does more damage than Cold Snap and does not have a long cooldown.

Once you get Arakaali upgraded, try Blood Rage and see which setup works better for you. With the ES regen in the completed build, Blood Rage degen is not an issue at all.

Yeah, I'm about 15 levels below the complete build... is the regen from Vile Bastion enough? It wouldn't work on bosses... or are we talking about Regen from ZO/Shaper/Shaper socket path?

Yeah, they are talking about ZO regen from the shaper and sockets right before it. Blood rage makes us to lose 4% of our max ES, while we constantly regening 1.7% of our max ES. So we wouldn't be on half ES when it's done. If we have some kind of armor and phys mitigation too, then we can even renerate ES over the bloodrage. The only problem is - bloodrage still eternally blocking ES recharge, but it's not that big of a deal.
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 16 mars 2019 19:48:54

I think i hit the jackpot with the boots enchant.
Tried Uber Izaro (following your suggestions) with about 5k ES and got walloped. Profile should be public, though I may have logged out with my clearing staff on. Thoughts on a direction for improvement anyone?
"
Kirian42 a écrit :
Tried Uber Izaro (following your suggestions) with about 5k ES and got walloped. Profile should be public, though I may have logged out with my clearing staff on. Thoughts on a direction for improvement anyone?

I see that you don't have intelligence on one of your rings. You MUST have as much int as possible on every gear. Remember our damage comes from int. The other stats are secondary to int. Get some more int on your gear.
Anybody using the Shaper amulet?
I've acquired this amulet for 20 chaos and after some tweaking with the tree, I managed to get my passives up to needed. However I lose about 400 ES switching to this. So I'm wondering if I should keep using this or go back to astramentis. I have about 1500 Int so that gives me 100% inc damage.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires