[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Thanks for such an interesting build,

Never used any CwC before, im feeling so slow and not time efficient at all, what am I missing? Im a bit lost.

Cheers
"
Aftau a écrit :
Anybody using the Shaper amulet?
I've acquired this amulet for 20 chaos and after some tweaking with the tree, I managed to get my passives up to needed. However I lose about 400 ES switching to this. So I'm wondering if I should keep using this or go back to astramentis. I have about 1500 Int so that gives me 100% inc damage.

Nope, not worth it at all. You should have noticed that despite everything, it barely increased your damage, because your int is much lower, we don't only lose our "increase int per 10 int" bonus on our staff, we also lose flat damage of our icestorm.
It only worth it, if you only wanted to boost damage of winter orb. And even that will only boost it for around 12% or so.

Shaper amulet have priority on its stats. Generally speaking, you rather want 12% increased attributes, rather than "increased damage per int". Those 2 together are incredibly strong, but if you decide between them, it's certainly "increased attributes".
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 17 mars 2019 06:11:56
"
Med1umentor a écrit :
"
Aftau a écrit :
Anybody using the Shaper amulet?
I've acquired this amulet for 20 chaos and after some tweaking with the tree, I managed to get my passives up to needed. However I lose about 400 ES switching to this. So I'm wondering if I should keep using this or go back to astramentis. I have about 1500 Int so that gives me 100% inc damage.

Nope, not worth it at all. You should have noticed that despite everything, it barely increased your damage, because your int is much lower, we don't only lose our "increase int per 10 int" bonus on our staff, we also lose flat damage of our icestorm.
It only worth it, if you only wanted to boost damage of winter orb. And even that will only boost it for around 12% or so.

Shaper amulet have priority on its stats. Generally speaking, you rather want 12% increased attributes, rather than "increased damage per int". Those 2 together are incredibly strong, but if you decide between them, it's certainly "increased attributes".

Hmm I see, thanks bunches.
Hey there, I'm just starting the build (great guide btw), and am not sure if someone has already brought this to attention, but is there a particular reason why spell cascade doesn't work with the ice storm anymore?

I couldn't get it to work on my staff and I read somewhere that CwC may be adding a channeling tag to the skill, negating spell cascade. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, or even the reason at all. Any ideas?
"
ALO1016 a écrit :
Hey there, I'm just starting the build (great guide btw), and am not sure if someone has already brought this to attention, but is there a particular reason why spell cascade doesn't work with the ice storm anymore?

I couldn't get it to work on my staff and I read somewhere that CwC may be adding a channeling tag to the skill, negating spell cascade. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, or even the reason at all. Any ideas?

This is a bug.
See: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474
"
ALO1016 a écrit :

No, there is no particular reason.
At the start we were discussing whether this a bug, or shadow nerf.
But look here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474

Recent High-Priority Issues:

Arcane Surge not working with Cast while Channelling.
Spell Cascade not working with Cast while Channelling.
Betrayal encounters causing lag.

So it is confirmed bug, and will be fixed in the future. Nobody knows when exactly though. But atleast it;s not a shadow nerf, and you can gaze into future without hesistation :)
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 17 mars 2019 08:05:45
So I picked up a decent shaper ammy. Havent divined 12% attributes and it gives me 20 more int and 10% increased dmg per hit of ice storm. Guessing this is worth it over Astramentis even if I have to use a skill point for str/dex and get some on gear and lower some gem levels?

+30 to Intelligence
--------
+8 to Intelligence
Adds 8 to 15 Physical Damage to Attacks
10% increased Attributes
1% increased Damage per 15 Intelligence
+13 to all Attributes (crafted)

Has an open suffix and prefix, is there anything better to craft than +13 attributes?

Dernière édition par Shock3r19711, le 17 mars 2019 08:24:06
Ways to make winter orb cast speed or charge generation higher?

Like does cast speed on gear or on the quality winter orb gem help much?
Any tips on gems?

Currently using WO - CWC - CONC - CD - PEN - EL/EF

I don't need EL, honestly I don't feel the difference in leech with or without it but I prefer it over EF because not freezing mobs reliably when mapping caused me to die a couple of times: DD/Porcupines/Stuff like that.

Is there another blue gem that would give a bigger dps boost than EL instead of EF for mapping? Maybe smth i'm not seeing...
Thank you for an awesome build. I just have a question about the skill tree. This section below.

Is there any reason why we have to use 2 points to get STR and lose 5% max ES?
Dernière édition par imaikenta, le 17 mars 2019 12:21:01

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires