[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
critxromney a écrit :
First post in regards to this build here, I have a question regarding the CWDT + Blood Rage + Immortal Call + Summon Chaos Golem gems/skills. I have everything set up in the right order for them to proc, I am noticing that the golem never appears on my screen? With my aura's on I have approx 121 Mana available out of 1,216 (Reserving 1,095) - At level 19 Summon Chaos Golem it says it needs 54 mana? I am not sure why this is not working (I am new to this game and have learned quite a bit about crafting because of this build)

My second question, if Spell Cascade gets fixed what will the new 6S setup become? - I am curious because I am able to beast craft 23% quality and not sure what gem I should priotize with that.

Looking forward to hearing a response from the community, thanks!

1. if spell cascade will be fixed it will take blue socket on your current "mapping" staff (for example im using inc area blue gem right now waiting for spell cascade)
2. as buddy above me said check if cast when damage taken is leveled enough to work with golem, if its too low level golem will not be summoned on damage taken (icon will be active and you can summon it yourself, that's an information that CWDT is too low level)
I am now level 89, here is my gear:

Spoiler

My Int is at 1492 and ES at 8350, and my tooltip damage on Icestorm is 5840. Anyone have tips on maybe some gear I could replace to buff my damage up a bit? It feels pretty slow to kill monsters sometimes. It's not terrible or anything, but not too fast either. I know this isn't meant to be a super fast clearspeed build, but a little bit more damage would feel nice :) Thanks
"
MCRide a écrit :

Spoiler

My Int is at 1492 and ES at 8350, and my tooltip damage on Icestorm is 5840. Anyone have tips on maybe some gear I could replace to buff my damage up a bit? It feels pretty slow to kill monsters sometimes. It's not terrible or anything, but not too fast either. I know this isn't meant to be a super fast clearspeed build, but a little bit more damage would feel nice :) Thanks

Erm, for example getting 6 socket in your staff :)
And, if being totally honest, i don't really like ES leech gem either. Most of the time we will not leech ES, only after big hits, and only for 1 sec or so. If you want to boost damage, changing it into, for example, controlled destruction seems like a good way to do.
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 16 mars 2019 07:08:34
"
Med1umentor a écrit :
"
MCRide a écrit :

Spoiler

And, if being totally honest, i don't really like ES leech gem either. Most of the time we will not leech ES, only after big hits, and only for 1 sec or so. If you want to boost damage, changing it into, for example, controlled destruction seems like a good way to do.

Thanks for the tips, I didn't realize the Energy Leech gem wasn't that useful since the OP lists it in the build. I updated some of my jewels on my tree, took Might of the Meek and just swapped a couple of nodes around and switched to this 6S staff:

My Icestorm tooltip dps almost doubled to 10480, though my Winter Orb tooltip dps is significantly lower since I don't have all the support gems linked to it. That also means I'm using very little mana now so I could swap my mana flask to a different one- maybe silver or basalt. I may end up linking some of the gems back to Winter Orb though, I'll just have to test it out a bit.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.
"
MCRide a écrit :
"
Med1umentor a écrit :
"
MCRide a écrit :

Spoiler

Thanks for the tips, I didn't realize the Energy Leech gem wasn't that useful since the OP lists it in the build. I updated some of my jewels on my tree, took Might of the Meek and just swapped a couple of nodes around and switched to this 6S staff:

My Icestorm tooltip dps almost doubled to 10480, though my Winter Orb tooltip dps is significantly lower since I don't have all the support gems linked to it. That also means I'm using very little mana now so I could swap my mana flask to a different one- maybe silver or basalt. I may end up linking some of the gems back to Winter Orb though, I'll just have to test it out a bit.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

I also would say that 17% int on staff is quite a problem. Not really that big, but considering how easy it is to find 18% ones before starting to socket, it usually done at the very start. Even if 1% not a big deal now, you will want that 1% eventually.

Also, about ES leech gem, i'm not sure how exactly it works, but for those who use blood rage for arakaali pantheon activation probably "leech ES" permanently, cause you are never on full ES with activated bloodrage, unless your regen can flat out outregen DOT of the bloodrage.
Gave this a try,loving the build! I have a question about a Jewel node though,the one below Ghost Reaver seems to not work with a Fertile Mind jewel.
Fertile Mind converts Dex to Intelligence,radius includes 6 x 10 dex nodes,and 2 notables with 20 each.When jewel is placed stats show an increase of 30 intel,not 100 as total in radius shows.A Bug or am I just not seeing something?
puzzling,as the nodes show intel after jewel is applied.

Build seems quite solid,lots to tinker with..Just 6 linked main staff to try and up the WO damage,will try replacing the ES leech gem with CE or Ele Focus,
kinda thought I'd need that ES leech,but apparently my understanding of mechanics is lacking.Educational build anyway,looking forward to more suggestions and tweaks in this thread.
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
"
WarHogg a écrit :
Gave this a try,loving the build! I have a question about a Jewel node though,the one below Ghost Reaver seems to not work with a Fertile Mind jewel.
Fertile Mind converts Dex to Intelligence,radius includes 6 x 10 dex nodes,and 2 notables with 20 each.When jewel is placed stats show an increase of 30 intel,not 100 as total in radius shows.A Bug or am I just not seeing something?

Build seems quite solid,lots to tinker with..Just 6 linked main staff to try and up the WO damage,will try replacing the ES leech gem with CE or Ele Focus,
kinda thought I'd need that ES leech,but apparently my understanding of mechanics is lacking.Educational build anyway,looking forward to more suggestions and tweaks in this thread.

fertile mind (and brute force solution) converst ONLY allocated nodes in radius, not all available
"
adambog a écrit :
"
WarHogg a écrit :

fertile mind (and brute force solution) converst ONLY allocated nodes in radius, not all available

DOH.. silly me,figured it worked with un-allocated ones,like a few others.
Thanks!

6 linking staff helped w WO dmg,at a severe mana cost,can always swap to another w less links if it proves problematic.
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
red elder down, go to the shaper's guardians
Hi everybody

been looking everywhere about the location of brute force jews. Can anyone give me a good pic where to place those beuties?

thanks for the help

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires