[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

"
Avathacis a écrit :
Been looking towards this build, seems awesome. I love weird builds and this seems to be right up my alley.

Here's some changes I've thought of (note that I'm only theorycrafting right now):

1) Mobility seems to be the slowing factor. I wonder if Oro's Sacrifice + Flicker Strike would let us clear mid range maps with absolute ease? Oro's is pure fire damage, grants +20% Ignite and a Frenzy on Igniting. With all the items + tree, we have about 70% to Ignite which should be enough.

With Flicker you could even pick up the other defensive node which grants reduced damage taken.

2) Also thought of Hiltless and removing Rat Cage. VMS would still work as the damage would be reflected from Hiltless. It also has a nice DPS and crit. Would have to respec to make use of crit.

Hi, good to see new ideas showing up:

1. Oro's only gain charge when "ATTACK" ignites. 20% won't sustain forever. Since we don't have any attack speed from tree flicker, it's going to feel quite kluncky. If you want similar effect, try to socket in a level 1 Lightning warp or Bodyswap into any cwdt, it's much more fun and less costly to this build.

2. Hiltless only do self damage when you ATTACK. That's like 3 attacks/second. With this build we are dealing self phys damage through IGNITE (from spells) which are 100+/second.
Dernière édition par alexh1985, le 26 déc. 2018 16:57:45
"
GabrielenTuT a écrit :
"
obake1 a écrit :
That Rat Cage is legacy. Current version only has negative fire res.

So does it actually work with the negative fire res one?

Of course, it just has higher res requirement from your tree and other rare gears.
HEllo. Very nice and fun build. Im just having problems constantly running out of mana in boss fight if spamming incinerate. What would be best way to fix this? SHould i get rid of attack/cast speed in some of my ignite jewels?
"
fcukmee a écrit :
HEllo. Very nice and fun build. Im just having problems constantly running out of mana in boss fight if spamming incinerate. What would be best way to fix this? SHould i get rid of attack/cast speed in some of my ignite jewels?

You can use a level 1 incinerate (same amount of hits/ignites) for less mana.
While we're on the topic of Incinerate, I'm just curious if there is there a specific reason why incinerate is used over something like scorching ray (for added -fire res) or wither (for maybe more HoAg damage)?
Great build. Have played around with a few variations for fun--but nothing uber. You can take the hungry loop ring, have it consumed four support gems and basically add another five-link for the setup....like for VMS or for VRF, which can free up more gem slots for more cwdt goodness. I was feeling squishy so I blew my orbs on 'the surrender' for the heals and double armor (in my off hand). The incinerate combo goes in the shield. I have a shaper/elder dagger with spell cascade and controlled destruction with the new "trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill." The triggered spells are Volatile Dead, Cremation, and Flammability. The flammability is always up and the verdict is still out on the other two. The hungry loop has the unearth gem which is supported by gmp, combustion, spell totem, and multiple totems. If I get bored I swap in 'rain of splinters' for more corpses or replace unearth with fireball. If your rich, poe trade even has dagger variation like the one above with +2 to fire gems. Your build is sweet enough to allow for a lot of great variations to make the grind more fun. Thanks for the guide!
Dernière édition par NastySharts, le 27 déc. 2018 21:02:50
"
obake1 a écrit :
While we're on the topic of Incinerate, I'm just curious if there is there a specific reason why incinerate is used over something like scorching ray (for added -fire res) or wither (for maybe more HoAg damage)?

Hi all three are viable, I prefer incinerate for safety: more hits more ignites more heals. Especially in maps with "90% change to avoid ignite"

Edit: I did use wither for a long while last patch, but HoAg's recent nerf makes it less sweet to maximise chaos damage (still decent)
Dernière édition par alexh1985, le 27 déc. 2018 21:18:46
If anyone is struggling to cap resists, just a reminder that you can buy a pair of two-toned boots for an average of one alt on poe.trade that have the implicit fire resist--along with one other implicit resist. Next, buy whatever essence of anger you can afford. You can then realistically craft 60+ fire resist on your boots (not to mention the other resist). Just a reminder that you want your fire resist overcapped. Twice today I've died from Ash prophets who dotted me with flammability. Death came almost instantly--despite frantic pot chugging (it took me a while to figure out why I died). Good luck exiles.
"
NastySharts a écrit :
Great build. Have played around with a few variations for fun--but nothing uber. You can take the hungry loop ring, have it consumed four support gems and basically add another five-link for the setup....like for VMS or for VRF, which can free up more gem slots for more cwdt goodness. I was feeling squishy so I blew my orbs on 'the surrender' for the heals and double armor (in my off hand). The incinerate combo goes in the shield. I have a shaper/elder dagger with spell cascade and controlled destruction with the new "trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill." The triggered spells are Volatile Dead, Cremation, and Flammability. The flammability is always up and the verdict is still out on the other two. The hungry loop has the unearth gem which is supported by gmp, combustion, spell totem, and multiple totems. If I get bored I swap in 'rain of splinters' for more corpses or replace unearth with fireball. If your rich, poe trade even has dagger variation like the one above with +2 to fire gems. Your build is sweet enough to allow for a lot of great variations to make the grind more fun. Thanks for the guide!

Hi thanks for the new ideas, I think it's the first time someone mentioned hunger loop in this guide. If VMS is moved in this ring, can have 6L incinerate in the helmet (should be around 300k shaper DPS), and free up a 3L in shield.

I'm a bit worried that you feel squishy because you don't have enough heal per ignite. I assume with the dagger and Surrender and hunger loop you are just rely on one Ngamahu ring to heal? Each time you ignite an enemy you are damaged by:

100 x 120%(ratcage) x 24%(fire res) = 29 self damage after mitigation.

This is barely covered by one ring. Therefore all other damage taken will not be healed back without other sources of heal.

If you compare Surrender (let's say you have max block 75%), heal on ignite is still superior vs heal on block, since all the self inflicted damage won't trigger the block heal.

So.... I'd recommend just replace the Surrender with a Seventh Sun and you should be very very tanky again.
"
alexh1985 a écrit :
"
NastySharts a écrit :

Hi thanks for the new ideas, I think it's the first time someone mentioned hunger loop in this guide. If VMS is moved in this ring, can have 6L incinerate in the helmet (should be around 300k shaper DPS), and free up a 3L in shield.

I'm a bit worried that you feel squishy because you don't have enough heal per ignite. I assume with the dagger and Surrender and hunger loop you are just rely on one Ngamahu ring to heal? Each time you ignite an enemy you are damaged by:

100 x 120%(ratcage) x 24%(fire res) = 29 self damage after mitigation.

This is barely covered by one ring. Therefore all other damage taken will not be healed back without other sources of heal.

If you compare Surrender (let's say you have max block 75%), heal on ignite is still superior vs heal on block, since all the self inflicted damage won't trigger the block heal.

So.... I'd recommend just replace the Surrender with a Seventh Sun and you should be very very tanky again.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires