[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
zahlanzi a écrit :
Any plans to take advantage of Cyclone being channeled ? Is cast while channeling (whatever) worth it?

CwC will probably more of a fun factor because you won't be able to scale spell damage as well due to the fact that you are converting weapon physical damage to fire damage.

Most of the skill points will be invested to buff attack damage.

"
Akumu7261 a écrit :
Have you seen the new changes to chieftain ascendency?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3lFuYmbHc

If yes, are the ascendancies you gave still the best options or you gonna change something?

Yes. You can see my input here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092338/page/73#p21986573

"
JO_PoE a écrit :

That is what got my attention when i read about the changes ...

Chieftain's Tawhoa and Valako nodes with Tectonic Slam - kind of free charge generation and permanent more damage uptime ... or am i wrong?

You are right. Pretty much free endurance charges with the new changes to Chieftain. :)
So comparing with the previous ascendancy, if we were taking ramako's sunlight for the +100 fire res, is this a buff ?
The other road with the totems taunt doesn't exist anymore so it's pointless to compare, but for the other road, I see it as an overall buff.
"
popochka a écrit :
So comparing with the previous ascendancy, if we were taking ramako's sunlight for the +100 fire res, is this a buff ?
The other road with the totems taunt doesn't exist anymore so it's pointless to compare, but for the other road, I see it as an overall buff.

I would say it is overall a buff to Chieftain.
i dont thing using tectonic slam is a good idea, you will spend charges faster than gaining and loose that 5% phys + fire damage buff per endurance share, meaning only small part of node working

same for valako, you get 15% damage for lost charges which is less than buff for keeping all charges up + no regen without charges

so Tawhoa, Tasalio, Hinekora and Ngamahu is the best choice

for Cyclone only first use counts, channeling doesnt work for gaining charges here
Dernière édition par Sonidox, le 2 juin 2019 08:23:33
"
Sonidox a écrit :
i dont thing using tectonic slam is a good idea, you will spend charges faster than gaining and loose that 5% phys + fire damage buff per endurance share, meaning only small part of node working

same for valako, you get 15% damage for lost charges which is less than buff for keeping all charges up + no regen without charges

for Cyclone only first use counts, channeling doesnt work for gaining charges here

I disagree.

That will be a good chest for Tectonic slam.

At current state, endurance charges were already lost frequently in combat because of Immortal Call + CwDT.

In 3.7, 35% chance to gain a charge will pretty much mean that you will always have at least 1 charge on your character.

Couple that with Daresso's Defiance, I don't think you will have much issues sustaining the charges for Tectonic Slam at all.

Tawhoa will not be suitable for Cyclone because it only works on fire skills and Cyclone is not a fire skill.

However, Tawhoa + Valako will be perfect fit for Tectonic Slam.
Dernière édition par kira1414, le 2 juin 2019 09:01:51
"
kira1414 a écrit :
"
Sonidox a écrit :

I disagree.

That will be a good chest for Tectonic slam.

At current state, endurance charges were already lost frequently in combat because of Immortal Call + CwDT.

In 3.7, 35% chance to gain a charge will pretty much mean that you will always have at least 1 charge on your character.

Couple that with Daresso's Defiance, I don't think you will have much issues sustaining the charges for Tectonic Slam at all.

Tawhoa will not be suitable for Cyclone because it only works on fire skills and Cyclone is not a fire skill.

However, Tawhoa + Valako will be perfect fit for Tectonic Slam.

Let hope when using multistrike it will give 35% 3 time because if not this is not gonna be suitable for tectonic slam unless you remove multistrike.

Edit: anyway removing multistrike shouldn't be that bad so i guess its fine
Dernière édition par dragonpowi, le 2 juin 2019 10:37:26
I'm torn between a physical Slayer cyclone build, and your Ngamahu Chieftain cyclone build.
Have you made any thoughts on this? I feel like I'd be missing out for not going full physical/Slayer.
"
RobertDowney a écrit :
I'm torn between a physical Slayer cyclone build, and your Ngamahu Chieftain cyclone build.
Have you made any thoughts on this? I feel like I'd be missing out for not going full physical/Slayer.

Chieftain will be easier to gear up as league starter because you do not need Xoph's Blood at all.

But Slayer Cyclone should feel better overall as Cyclone seems to be made for Slayer.

Lots of changes to 3.7 skill tree and updating the skill trees will take a while.

Still waiting for poeplanner.com and pob to be updated with the latest skill tree.
i hope this build will be good ! starting new league with it
"
campry a écrit :
i hope this build will be good ! starting new league with it

The only thing i am worried about is how expensive ngamahu axe will be at the start. Even if it's 40-50 chaos though, a good 2hander base with vendor recipe should be enough even in lower tier maps since cyclone has been heavily buffed. (base physical and 300% att speed)

It might even be too good now:D

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires