[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

So I'm honestly curious:
With the changes to Chieftain and the amount of life regen available, is going Vaal Pact still the right thing?
Still kinda learning builds, so sorry for the newbish question.
Thanks for the updates
Dernière édition par Embermouth, le 5 juin 2019 22:15:58
This is gonna be some fun! I'm melee at heart. Here I come!
Looks like its time to break out the old chieftain Ngamahu cyclone again after all of these buffs.

I will likely try out an eye of innocence in the build to see if the charging offensive node is enough to keep frenzy and endurance charges up constantly. Impressence or a good phys as extra fire amulet are probably better overall, but the charge generation node seems too strong to ignore completely.
hi, have a question about pyre ring. you said, that you have to drop elemntal focus to gain ignite.
1) should i drop both ele focuses in axe and in body?
2) should i even drop anything, we have ignite chance from ascendancy.
@Kira / thread, I want to stay off 'meta' by skipping cyclone and wanted to go down the consecrated path. Is it just inferior when compared to cyclone or is it still strong given the huge buff it received?

Wanted to mention this is for Chieftain
"
ADM0N a écrit :
Looks like its time to break out the old chieftain Ngamahu cyclone again after all of these buffs.

I will likely try out an eye of innocence in the build to see if the charging offensive node is enough to keep frenzy and endurance charges up constantly. Impressence or a good phys as extra fire amulet are probably better overall, but the charge generation node seems too strong to ignore completely.

For leveling and mapping, the 2 discipline nodes will be useful. But they won't be as useful when for bossing.

"
offimpulse a écrit :
hi, have a question about pyre ring. you said, that you have to drop elemntal focus to gain ignite.
1) should i drop both ele focuses in axe and in body?
2) should i even drop anything, we have ignite chance from ascendancy.

With Pyre, I would go for Combustion for on both axe and chest.

"
illuminate89 a écrit :
@Kira / thread, I want to stay off 'meta' by skipping cyclone and wanted to go down the consecrated path. Is it just inferior when compared to cyclone or is it still strong given the huge buff it received?

Cyclone will have better single target but Consecrated Path will be fine too.

Mapping speed is probably faster on Consecrated Path.

Cyclone will likely provide better survivability though.
"
kira1414 a écrit :

"
illuminate89 a écrit :

Cyclone will have better single target but Consecrated Path will be fine too.

Mapping speed is probably faster on Consecrated Path.

Cyclone will likely provide better survivability though.

Hi. I used this build on 3.5 and had massive fun with it. I just stuck with ConPatch because mapping was super fun with it, just zoom through the level.

Anyway, two questions:

- will it be possible to just switch out Cyclone and ConPath back and forth depending on the content? Leave all the other gems as they are?

- if we use Cyclone can we somehow take advantage of CwC now? maybe use the 6L to slot in Cyclone->CwC->and some other skill that does dps? I'm not that experienced to know what makes sense here, if at all.

Thanks for this build kira! loving it.
Hi

Going to try this tomorrow
The POB shows the Xoph's Blood Ammy with Chieftan selected, what Ammy should we use instead?

Many thanks and apologies if i missed something here

Cheers
J
"
Talon_ST a écrit :
So torn on if I want to go with Chieftain or the Slayer version for cyclone. Free Xoph's Blood is nice but just feel like I'd be missing out on full cyclone potential by not going Slayer.

Will there be a POB for Chieftain?

"
kira1414 a écrit :
POB for Slayer and Chieftain have been updated.

Yah. Tough call as Chieftain is easier to gear while Slayer is perfect fit for Cyclone.

You can consider starting out as Chieftain to gear your character before switching to Slayer.

How about specing into the avatar of fire version of slayer and skipping Xoph's blood to start? You have Impresence for that version (which can still be expensive) but might be a more "budget" friendly version? I think that's what I'm leaning towards. Thanks for the builds!
Dernière édition par Talon_ST, le 6 juin 2019 07:52:44

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires