[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

can fortify on the cyclone setup be swapped for faster attacks? the dmg output is higher on PoB but obviously we lose the fortify buff. that said the dps increase could be substantial. the CD on molten burst is .15 sec meaning we want a 6.666666... attacks per second to have that procing as often as possible. with faster attacks not only does the dps of cyclone go up but the attacks per second increase thus increasing molten burst proc rate making more dead things. forgive me if my logic and math is wrong but this seems like a large damage increase OR a situational/personal need for survival. PoB has molten burst and cyclone/consecrated path as separate main dmg sources hence having to do the calculations this way.
Dernière édition par l33tsauce7, le 17 mars 2019 02:25:44
"
l33tsauce7 a écrit :
can fortify on the cyclone setup be swapped for faster attacks? the dmg output is higher on PoB but obviously we lose the fortify buff. that said the dps increase could be substantial. the CD on molten burst is .15 sec meaning we want a 6.666666... attacks per second to have that procing as often as possible. with faster attacks not only does the dps of cyclone go up but the attacks per second increase thus increasing molten burst proc rate making more dead things. forgive me if my logic and math is wrong but this seems like a large damage increase OR a situational/personal need for survival. PoB has molten burst and cyclone/consecrated path as separate main dmg sources hence having to do the calculations this way.

You can swap Fortify for Faster Attack but you will need to link Fortify to Leap Slam. Fortify is huge when it comes to survivability.

Alternatively, you can have Vigilant Strike gem in your setup. With the threshold jewel The Vigil, you will be able to have a Fortify duration of over 25 seconds.
I'm pretty new, curious about the boots. If we get The Red Dream jewel for endurance charges then we don't need that elder suffix on the boots, right? So we would go for the 'Socketed Gems are Supported by Fortify' mod?

When I looked up fortify support it doesn't look like it would work with anything that would be socketed into boots, though. So what would go in the boots?

Also, in the video I noticed that you are using the Lightpoacher helm. That only leaves 2 regular sockets, so what would the gem setup be like with this helm? Is there any way to also run Anger while using it?

Thanks.
Hello! I tried a similar build last league on the berserker side (with spam heal warcry).

I want to try this one out. I do have enough currency so I'm not tight on budget.

I really like the new daresso's onslaught buff. the speed is just incredible. Would it be possible in a build here and if yes what ascendancy would you recommend? (I just started PoE on betrayal so trying to figure everything out :)

(I have xoph's blood from molten strike build and I can transfer it over)
Dernière édition par Illidan96, le 29 mars 2019 23:09:26
"
koda_ a écrit :
I'm pretty new, curious about the boots. If we get The Red Dream jewel for endurance charges then we don't need that elder suffix on the boots, right? So we would go for the 'Socketed Gems are Supported by Fortify' mod?

When I looked up fortify support it doesn't look like it would work with anything that would be socketed into boots, though. So what would go in the boots?

Also, in the video I noticed that you are using the Lightpoacher helm. That only leaves 2 regular sockets, so what would the gem setup be like with this helm? Is there any way to also run Anger while using it?

Thanks.

Elder boots with Fortify will only be useful for Leap Slam.

The following are gems that you will want to keep in your gear slots (gems not listed below are all optional):

"
Ancestral Warchief + Culling Strike + Leap Slam

"
Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call

If you are using the recommended Watcher's Eye:
"
Anger + Herald of Ash + Enlighten 4

If you are not using Watcher's Eye:
"
Blasphemy + Flammability (or Enfeeble) + Herald of Ash

"
Illidan96 a écrit :
Hello! I tried a similar build last league on the berserker side (with spam heal warcry).

I want to try this one out. I do have enough currency so I'm not tight on budget.

I really like the new daresso's onslaught buff. the speed is just incredible. Would it be possible in a build here and if yes what ascendancy would you recommend? (I just started PoE on betrayal so trying to figure everything out :)

(I have xoph's blood from molten strike build and I can transfer it over)

Going Chieftain, you do not need Xoph's Blood. Using rare Elder amulet will give you more damage instead.

And chest piece is a flexible slot. You can definitely use Daresso's chest.

If you have the budget, going Elemental Overload skill tree will give you the most damage output.

Otherwise, Uber Lab skill tree is fine.
Thanks for the response. I want to ask about something else -- this is my first character in a long time and my highest-level character (level 92 now), so I'm just learning the game in a lot of ways still.

Since I've been running T15-16 maps, I finally saved up enough money and spent about 7 exa on a near perfect 3R/2B/1G Bronn's Lithe. I noticed that my damage did noticeably increase, but I'm *way* more fragile than I used to be now. (I was using a cheap 5L Belly of the Beast before.)

I lost about 800 armor and about 800 HP when I switched. I used to be able to mostly breeze through T15 maps and now I find myself dying left and right. I had about 6,575 HP with Belly and 5,775 now with Bronn's Lithe, but packs of trash are killing me much more often and bosses seem to just one-shot me now.

I have the recommended flask setup and I feel like my gear is pretty decent over all. I don't have some of the super high-end stuff like Watcher's, which requires something like 30-50 exa every time I've looked, but all the rest of my gear is stacked on life and resists. All of my resists are overcapped, including Chaos.

How are you supposed to use Bronn's Lithe and actually live long enough to be able to hit anything? Did I waste my money getting it, or am I just missing something obvious?
How come it's recommended to look for accuracy on items while we're runnig the passive for 100% accuracy?
"
koda_ a écrit :
Thanks for the response. I want to ask about something else -- this is my first character in a long time and my highest-level character (level 92 now), so I'm just learning the game in a lot of ways still.

Since I've been running T15-16 maps, I finally saved up enough money and spent about 7 exa on a near perfect 3R/2B/1G Bronn's Lithe. I noticed that my damage did noticeably increase, but I'm *way* more fragile than I used to be now. (I was using a cheap 5L Belly of the Beast before.)

I lost about 800 armor and about 800 HP when I switched. I used to be able to mostly breeze through T15 maps and now I find myself dying left and right. I had about 6,575 HP with Belly and 5,775 now with Bronn's Lithe, but packs of trash are killing me much more often and bosses seem to just one-shot me now.

I have the recommended flask setup and I feel like my gear is pretty decent over all. I don't have some of the super high-end stuff like Watcher's, which requires something like 30-50 exa every time I've looked, but all the rest of my gear is stacked on life and resists. All of my resists are overcapped, including Chaos.

How are you supposed to use Bronn's Lithe and actually live long enough to be able to hit anything? Did I waste my money getting it, or am I just missing something obvious?

You can pick up Iron Reflexes for more armor but that is a personal choice.

Since you are running Uber Lab skill tree, I would recommend you to spec the points in Cleaving into endurance charges. This will give you more toughness too.

You can consider running Enfeeble curse instead of Flammability. You will still have enough damage to beat end game bosses.

Having a rare elder amulet similar to the one below will also help greatly:

"
_TM_ a écrit :
How come it's recommended to look for accuracy on items while we're runnig the passive for 100% accuracy?

Accuracy on gears is meant for Elemental Overload skill tree.

If you are using Resolute Technique, you do not need any accuracy on your gears. :)
Thanks for confirming!

https://pastebin.com/Ji3gw1Ci

I got to lvl 85 so far, but still struggle a lot with certain tier 12+ map bosses. Without flask charges or if endurance ever drops, I get deleted pretty quickly/can't do safe damage onto the boss. Is there anything I can do apart from going for lv13 enfeeble to improve the build?
Dernière édition par _TM_, le 10 avr. 2019 22:22:45
Hey man thanks for the guide, this is my first time playing POE and was struggling since i had initially followed a bad guide, but i fixed a lot of wrong things thanks to this and managed to clear this first try :D

https://i.imgur.com/hfAzN5P.jpg

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires