[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

Will SR not generate EC when used with the new ascendancy? It's a half second cast time spell. Should proc 35% chance for EC every half a second. Am I wrong? Is channeling not considered using a skill?
Dernière édition par yakoob, le 1 juin 2019 07:36:53

I personally don't use SR enough for that to help with EC's except for the few bosses I can facetank.

Looking at the changes more closely I think dropping hinekora for valako will be needed to keep the build most similar. This loses 10% strength and the covered in ash thing. The fire leech was not important.

The 20% increased recovery sounds great until you see that it merely compensates for other losses (2% regen). Have to see it all in PoB to see how things really work out. We do get an extra EC.

The forced playstyle change from free EC's to having to generate them with skills is what's bugging me. If I have to do that, I might just drop Kaoms for a 6L chest so I can spam something strong (molten strike?) and get a perhaps weaker RF on top while being more capable of facetanking and also able to kill easily with RF off.

"
shrunn57 a écrit :

[...]
The 20% increased recovery sounds great until you see that it merely compensates for other losses (2% regen). Have to see it all in PoB to see how things really work out. We do get an extra EC.
[...]

It's 50% not 20%. It's huge. It's like max roll recovery elder belt + max roll recovery vitality watcher eye. Think new chieftain RF will be able to reach 6k+ life regen easily.
edit: where did u lose 2% life regen?
Dernière édition par yakoob, le 2 juin 2019 21:58:51
"
It's 50% not 20%. It's huge.

yes that was a typo.

"
where did u lose 2% life regen?

Old ramako gave 1% + 2% life regen. Tasalio gives 2% plus that 50% after fire damage.

Tallying up the rest I thought we ended up with a little more than before. I guess I'll wait for PoB to see how it works out, but it's not huge, but might be useful. Definitely not the area this build needed buffed.
"
shrunn57 a écrit :

Old ramako gave 1% + 2% life regen. Tasalio gives 2% plus that 50% after fire damage.

Tallying up the rest I thought we ended up with a little more than before. I guess I'll wait for PoB to see how it works out, but it's not huge, but might be useful. Definitely not the area this build needed buffed.

So u lost 1% and gained like 20% with that 50% life recovery. How is that merely compensation?
I remember my Chieft RF on incursion league had like 3.5 or 4.5k life regen. Acctually hold on I still have that character untouched cuz I dont play standard, I'll check PoB.
Yep 4.6k life regen, 3.5k net regen, probably 4k with old ruby flask. So now I'm gonna get another 50% more life regen that translates to another, what? ~2k life regenerated? So total net regen should be around 5+k close to 6k. Sheeeeit. And my gear wasnt even minmaxed lmao I was playing RF for the first time and barely understood what was going on ;)

edit: I'm definitely trying out new chieft rf this league. Especially with the channeling node that gives another phys reduction while channeling and even more phys reduction from Infused channeling furthermore malevolence another 20% more dmg multiplier. Also we only had cover in Ash as more dmg multiplier from chieft ascendancies. Now we can get two multipliers and additional EC. All the new awesome betrayal crafts. Didn't realize RF got so many buffs in the past two leagues.
Dernière édition par yakoob, le 3 juin 2019 12:58:58
I'm too casual to ever have the best equipment on my characters, so my RF chief only has 2659 regen and 1461 net.

Even so, this is overkill for what I use it for (labyrinth), but not adequate for facetanking bosses or delving moderately deep. I suppose if Scorching Ray can fill up endurance charges quickly, and we can reliably proc the 50% recovery (need phys or fire hits), then things might get better for boss tanking.

The thing is, I have another aura build that kills far faster and survives far better than this one, so I can't get nearly as excited about more regen as I could more damage, especially damage while moving, or much more area of effect. Scorching ray requires you stand still and channel, so the regen would really have to be ridiculous to survive that way.

Also, I've had infused channeling and malevolence since they were available, so those won't be new buffs for me. They also didn't come close to keeping pace with the buffs to death aura. And like I said previously, if I require a new skill on my bar such as enduring cry, I will lose some serious steady or burst offense, making the regen kind of pointless.
Excuse the dumb question...would continuously activating Scorching Ray work with the new Tawhoa? Or does the fire skill need to "hit" to work?
From the manifesto:

"
The Chieftain should be an amazing choice for a Fire damage attacker, as it gives a huge amount of life regeneration, and should be a competitive choice for a Melee Totem character.

Seems like to not buck the trend it makes sense to migrate my RF chieftain to an attack oriented build with RF assist. Gotta go see what is already around along those lines.

Scorching ray, being a spell and channeled, may or may not fit in, or for long.
Anyone look into using the vaal passive node Divine Flesh? Makes 50% of the elemental damage you take convert to chaos resist, and raises your MAX chaos resist by 10% to 85% without any other +max resists. The downside being that all damage bypasses energy shield.

This seems at first glance to be amazing for RF builds, no? Just stack a shitton of chaos resist and you have 50% of your damage being mitigated by 85%. Or is this not as good as I think?

I also just thought of something- if ALL damage bypasses energyshield you would be always considered to be at full energyshield. So a 20/20 Energy leech support would give you 63% more damage right? That's like having another 20/20 Burning support!
IGN:JihadForAllahPraiseHim
"
elegant a écrit :
Anyone look into using the vaal passive node Divine Flesh? Makes 50% of the elemental damage you take convert to chaos resist, and raises your MAX chaos resist by 10% to 85% without any other +max resists. The downside being that all damage bypasses energy shield.

This seems at first glance to be amazing for RF builds, no? Just stack a shitton of chaos resist and you have 50% of your damage being mitigated by 85%. Or is this not as good as I think?

I also just thought of something- if ALL damage bypasses energyshield you would be always considered to be at full energyshield. So a 20/20 Energy leech support would give you 63% more damage right? That's like having another 20/20 Burning support!

Energy leech support gem first only supports skills that hits, and you cannot be leeching ES and be on full ES, it is one or the other.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires