[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

I am curious, is a life flask needed in this build? Obviously it would be nice to have more beneficial effects of other flasks.
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
shafiqepain a écrit :

Hi, what else should I improve on?

consider some of these

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/1#p24931284

run VRF + death rush, will be pretty fun

Are the implicits on the armor important for rf or I'll be fine without those implicts?
"
Dentao a écrit :
"
esostaks a écrit :
Wanted to thank author for the build. This is definitely one of the smoothest and most fun mapping builds that I've played. I rarely play the same build two leagues in a row, but I might play this one next league too, if it's not nerfed.

Acts: extremely smooth, everything just melts, and phases are the only thing that protects act bosses from dying in 5 seconds (this was without any leveling gear).

~100 c budget: basic rare gear with life + resistances. Was able to do unrolled/transmuted red tier maps with rituals in them without problems. Also highest level heists and grand heists. Would quite often die to map bosses when doing Maven + 1-3 extra bosses strategy, and Maven invitations would often eat up 5 of my portals.

~5 div budget: bought Diadem, Cowards Legacy, Fury, cheap Vulnerability immunity Watcher's eye. Was easily able to do alch & go red tier maps with the Maven strategy. Started dying a bit from the Eater's altar packs when started doing those.

~another 25 div: Skin of the Lords, Empower 4, most main setup gems 21/20, amulet + 1 and non-damaging ailments, gloves with exposure, replaced rings to fix resistances. Even though there's still plenty of upgrades like awakened gems, better Skin of the Lords, expensive Watcher's Eye, Frigid Wake jewels and of course rares with min-maxed rolls, everything already melting like crazy. I managed to easily hit 95 level myself because I die only every 15-20 maps and mostly due to my own mistakes - for example, stopping to move.

I second that, I've tried to get into this game a bunch of times but the guides and stuff that I followed always seemed overwhelming and I never lasted more than a few days, with this build though and the atlas strategy video, even if I had no idea what I was doing for the first week I could complete the atlas, get the stones, farm maps well enough to be able to work towards improvements and overall enjoy the game fully, it also enables for all kinds of content so to learn the game with it has been a smooth joyful journey.

Thank you LkGGz for the easy well written guide and the related videos that supplies us with all the information we need to play this at its maximum potential, hope you keep putting out videos and grow your channel because none of the guides i've seen were as comprehensible or complete, I too hope this gets updated for the next league because i for one will definitely be coming back to the game and using this again.

As a closing thought I'd also like to thanks and shout out everyone else who posts in this thread with informational stuff and tips, i've been using this thread as my gps and asking way every kind of questions and i have gotten so much help from different people, you guys truly make this game be much more enjoyable and this community is truly amazing, thank you all :)

Thanks! Glad that your league went well :)

Hopefully Cold DoT doesn't get nerfed next league! If it doesn't, I will update the guide.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
hi there, first time playing poe and decided to went with cold dot as my first build. Tried my best to follow your guide and gear my character accordingly. So far damage seems fine but i am struggling to upgrade my gear without my res dipping below 75%. Would appreciate your time in helping me check out my pob and see how i would go about from here.

https://pobb.in/E4lde-9xrzbL

I realize i need that 30% non damaging ailment on my ammy, but finding one that wont dip my resis is the main issue.

Things in mind planned:
upgrading vaalCS to 21
upgrading to div bonechill
getting both frigid wake jewels (damn expensive still)

Thank you for the guide btw, it made my first time playing experience very enjoyable :)
Dernière édition par edzmeister, le 16 sept. 2023 05:24:56
"
shafiqepain a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
shafiqepain a écrit :

Hi, what else should I improve on?

consider some of these

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/1#p24931284

run VRF + death rush, will be pretty fun

Are the implicits on the armor important for rf or I'll be fine without those implicts?

no, only the flask affixes and death rush are important. we're using RF and VRF for the 40/35+ % more dmg boost. there's no RF dmg to speak of. the implicits for my armour are for boosting the gem levels of vortex/CF
"
Ravesence a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Ravesence a écrit :
Hi!

So far I really enjoy the build, I know that I have to replace my skin for something with another keystone, and to upgrade the rest of my games, but then, what else can I upgrade here?

Pobb: https://pobb.in/jL-J1iosNwK0

Cheers :)

edit: also, how do we sustain all of the auras? i can run only three at the moment.

You need to add the sovereignty wheel to sustain the auras. I think you should follow the passive skill tree in the guide. It will allocate all of the important nodes first, then add less important ones last.

Take note that you should be running Vaal Cold Snap instead of normal Cold Snap, and you should run lvl 1 CWDT so that it procs with a lower threshold.

Gloves - roll cold dot multi for exarch implicit
Flasks - replace Silver with Quartz. You have double armour and evasion suffix rolls and they don't stack. Change two of them into movement speed and reduced curse effect.
Mark of the Shaper - purchase higher rolls and use catalyst on it
Amulet - you need increased effect of non-damaging ailments craft
Jewels - you need invul to determination Watcher's eye
Boots - get 6% life corrupted implicit

Cheers :)

Hi!

I've completed all of those changes but I still die from time to time, do You have any idea what to upgrade further?

Current PoB: https://pobb.in/UiK3WNnyEirX

Cheers!

1. In the POB, your lightning resistance isn't capped. Cap your your lightning resistance.

2. Re-craft increased effect of non-damaging ailments on amulet for 23-30% roll

3. Get lvl 20 Determination and Grace

4. Get a life flask with a full/semi instant healing effect

5. Reallocate skill passives from DPS to life. 3.2k life is very low.

As you are generally lacking stats and resistances, I would replace the amulet for one that provides dex/str implicits (better if both). You can also get better rolls on your shield and elder ring.

Also, I would level up the character via 5 ways as you will be able to add a lot of life with a few more SP.

If you are short of budget, the most expensive item to impact ratio is the Frigid Wake set.

Good luck~
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 16 sept. 2023 10:38:54
"
Haunow a écrit :
I am curious, is a life flask needed in this build? Obviously it would be nice to have more beneficial effects of other flasks.

I wouldn't go without a life flask. If you make it work without one, do let us know~
"
edzmeister a écrit :
hi there, first time playing poe and decided to went with cold dot as my first build. Tried my best to follow your guide and gear my character accordingly. So far damage seems fine but i am struggling to upgrade my gear without my res dipping below 75%. Would appreciate your time in helping me check out my pob and see how i would go about from here.

https://pobb.in/E4lde-9xrzbL

I realize i need that 30% non damaging ailment on my ammy, but finding one that wont dip my resis is the main issue.

Things in mind planned:
upgrading vaalCS to 21
upgrading to div bonechill
getting both frigid wake jewels (damn expensive still)

Thank you for the guide btw, it made my first time playing experience very enjoyable :)

Glad that you're enjoying the build :)

1. lvl 21 VCS is very cheap, upgrade that first

2. Cap your lightning resistances

3. If resistances are stopping you from upgrading your amulet, you can squeeze more resistances from your Elder ring by using catalysts. Personally, I would get a better ring with T1 resistances rolls before using catalysts.

4. Get lvl 21 Frostbite, quality does not matter

5. Legacy of Fury with a useful corrupted implicit

Cheers~
Hello there! was wondering if there is any alternative to skin of the lords lethe shade, iron will and ghost dance, been looking to upgrade my chest back into skin of the lords but the price is insane like 45-60 divines. What other skills do you reccomend?
"
happybox222 a écrit :
Hello there! was wondering if there is any alternative to skin of the lords lethe shade, iron will and ghost dance, been looking to upgrade my chest back into skin of the lords but the price is insane like 45-60 divines. What other skills do you reccomend?

Hello!

This filter removes most (if not all) of the detrimental mods: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/v3anezZCE

There is quite a number of chests under 10 divines.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires