[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

Thanks for the build guide, I'm having a blast with it so far! Thoughts on getting phasing from Stygian belt socket and then running a Cinderswallow flask for Onslaught instead of Quartz?
Dernière édition par KrunkleMonkey, le 14 sept. 2023 01:30:56
Hey, thanks for a great build.
I'm always doing somewhat dodgy shit on gear progression, going for damage over defence because hey, if you kill stuff, they wont kill you.

I basically made it to t16 maps and 500+ tota rating now still using tabula.

Recently bought the level 4 empower and still kinda focusing on getting my skillgems.

Any pointers on what to go for next? I've been trying to get a Skin of Lords but realize I have not enough understanding to not brick my build.
The pain attunement one costs 33 divines.........................
The other ones you mentioned in the guide is also fairly expensive.

There is a comment mentioning a couple you just avoid, but there are still PLENTY of other variants, what would be a "cheap" one that wont brick my build?

Also thankful for any other tips and comments on my character overall.
"
KrunkleMonkey a écrit :
Thanks for the build guide, I'm having a blast with it so far! Thoughts on getting phasing from Stygian belt socket and then running a Cinderswallow flask for Onslaught instead of Quartz?

coward's legacy provides too much dps to be replaced by any other belt. arguably better than even mageblood and headhunters.

quartz is for phasing, not for onslaught. i run onslaught boots for onslaught, i have dropped quartz in favour of more dps, as i can kill mobs while walking around them. but phasing is a big QOL.
"
Swaaps a écrit :
I'm always doing somewhat dodgy shit on gear progression, going for damage over defence because hey, if you kill stuff, they wont kill you.

Recently bought the level 4 empower and still kinda focusing on getting my skillgems.

Any pointers on what to go for next? I've been trying to get a Skin of Lords but realize I have not enough understanding to not brick my build.

There is a comment mentioning a couple you just avoid, but there are still PLENTY of other variants, what would be a "cheap" one that wont brick my build?

something like a +1 6L carcass jack is good value. many double corrupted unique chests that are suitable for our build would also be good value. just 6L yourself using bench 4L + tainted fusings.

look at the trade link OP posted a few posts back to have an idea of "useless" but non-detrimental keystones you can use for SOTLords. SOTL is really a defensive option, I opted for dialla
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 14 sept. 2023 02:46:22
"
something like a +1 6L carcass jack is good value. many double corrupted unique chests that are suitable for our build would also be good value. just 6L yourself using bench 4L + tainted fusings.

look at the trade link OP posted a few posts back to have an idea of "useless" but non-detrimental keystones you can use for SOTLords. SOTL is really a defensive option, I opted for dialla

Thanks for the tip on +1 Carcass, definitely gonna go for that one as a replacement for the "oh so amazing tabula", I'm not a super min/maxer, so the extra Area of Effect and Resistances is appealing to me!

Any other general tips? I feel extremely squishy.
"
esostaks a écrit :
Wanted to thank author for the build. This is definitely one of the smoothest and most fun mapping builds that I've played. I rarely play the same build two leagues in a row, but I might play this one next league too, if it's not nerfed.

Acts: extremely smooth, everything just melts, and phases are the only thing that protects act bosses from dying in 5 seconds (this was without any leveling gear).

~100 c budget: basic rare gear with life + resistances. Was able to do unrolled/transmuted red tier maps with rituals in them without problems. Also highest level heists and grand heists. Would quite often die to map bosses when doing Maven + 1-3 extra bosses strategy, and Maven invitations would often eat up 5 of my portals.

~5 div budget: bought Diadem, Cowards Legacy, Fury, cheap Vulnerability immunity Watcher's eye. Was easily able to do alch & go red tier maps with the Maven strategy. Started dying a bit from the Eater's altar packs when started doing those.

~another 25 div: Skin of the Lords, Empower 4, most main setup gems 21/20, amulet + 1 and non-damaging ailments, gloves with exposure, replaced rings to fix resistances. Even though there's still plenty of upgrades like awakened gems, better Skin of the Lords, expensive Watcher's Eye, Frigid Wake jewels and of course rares with min-maxed rolls, everything already melting like crazy. I managed to easily hit 95 level myself because I die only every 15-20 maps and mostly due to my own mistakes - for example, stopping to move.

Thanks for the review and sharing!

Hope your journey inspires and helps other players too :)
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
KrunkleMonkey a écrit :

coward's legacy provides too much dps to be replaced by any other belt. arguably better than even mageblood and headhunters.

quartz is for phasing, not for onslaught. i run onslaught boots for onslaught, i have dropped quartz in favour of more dps, as i can kill mobs while walking around them. but phasing is a big QOL.

Also, in this league you can get onslaught from tattoos.

I have opted for the above tattoo since I don't need DPS from the Wise tattoo.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Swaaps a écrit :

This filter should weed out most detrimental mods: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/v3anezZCE
"
Swaaps a écrit :
"

Thanks for the tip on +1 Carcass, definitely gonna go for that one as a replacement for the "oh so amazing tabula", I'm not a super min/maxer, so the extra Area of Effect and Resistances is appealing to me!

Any other general tips? I feel extremely squishy.

Defense is mainly from armour and evasion (mechanics section of the guide elaborates further).

1. Replacing tabula with a defensive chest like SotL will be a huge difference.
2. 20% quality on gloves for more defense
3. Replace Mark of Submission as it gives no stats other than frostbite on hit (either frostbite on hit ring or self-cast frostbite by crafting one more socket on your boots)
4. Replace Dragon Dew Jewel with a 7% max life jewel
5. Life mastery beats taking the Life node in the Purity of Flesh wheel
6. Belt - vortex/CF/VCS/CS are not attack skills, so the craft on your belt can be replaced
7. Chest - efficacy should be swapped for Ele Focus / Awakened Ele Focus
8. Life flask - get semi/full instant heal effect

I'm kinda amazed you played till lvl 91 with a Tabula XD. I guess that's because TotA does not have exp loss on death. In the interim even a 20c 6L chest will do wonders for your EHP.

Let us know how it goes~
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 14 sept. 2023 11:05:59
"
blueshift314 a écrit :
what maps do people run for this build now? I only have two voidstones so I'm doing crimson + city square with deli, red altars, and niko (I'm hiero but still doing cdot).

Just found your content Lk, great stuff 👍

I'm running Beach and Strand with 4 voidstones.

Btw you should replace your Vortex and CF with lvl 21 gems. It will be a ~14% DPS boost for a low cost.
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 14 sept. 2023 11:11:17

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires