[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Defense is mainly from armour and evasion (mechanics section of the guide elaborates further).

1. Replacing tabula with a defensive chest like SotL will be a huge difference.
2. 20% quality on gloves for more defense
3. Replace Mark of Submission as it gives no stats other than frostbite on hit (either frostbite on hit ring or self-cast frostbite by crafting one more socket on your boots)
4. Replace Dragon Dew Jewel with a 7% max life jewel
5. Life mastery beats taking the Life node in the Purity of Flesh wheel
6. Belt - vortex/CF/VCS/CS are not attack skills, so the craft on your belt can be replaced
7. Chest - efficacy should be swapped for Ele Focus / Awakened Ele Focus
8. Life flask - get semi/full instant heal effect

I'm kinda amazed you played till lvl 91 with a Tabula XD. I guess that's because TotA does not have exp loss on death. In the interim even a 20c 6L chest will do wonders for your EHP.

Let us know how it goes~

I invested in a rare chest with nice implicits, and some cheap frostbite on hit ring.

I havent done a t16 map in a while now as I focus a lot on TOTA (rank 800 soon) and I realize I cant really notice any difference as everything one shot me anyway.
Last time I did a map though it felt really smooth... :D

How is everyone else doing in tota with this build? I read some QQ posts about tota being shit without a cheese build but I think its pretty fun.

How big is Cowards belt with vulnerability/vulnerability immunity, is it a BIG damage increase? I'm basically saving up figuring out what to go for next now
"
Swaaps a écrit :
"
Defense is mainly from armour and evasion (mechanics section of the guide elaborates further).

1. Replacing tabula with a defensive chest like SotL will be a huge difference.
2. 20% quality on gloves for more defense
3. Replace Mark of Submission as it gives no stats other than frostbite on hit (either frostbite on hit ring or self-cast frostbite by crafting one more socket on your boots)
4. Replace Dragon Dew Jewel with a 7% max life jewel
5. Life mastery beats taking the Life node in the Purity of Flesh wheel
6. Belt - vortex/CF/VCS/CS are not attack skills, so the craft on your belt can be replaced
7. Chest - efficacy should be swapped for Ele Focus / Awakened Ele Focus
8. Life flask - get semi/full instant heal effect

I'm kinda amazed you played till lvl 91 with a Tabula XD. I guess that's because TotA does not have exp loss on death. In the interim even a 20c 6L chest will do wonders for your EHP.

Let us know how it goes~

I invested in a rare chest with nice implicits, and some cheap frostbite on hit ring.

I havent done a t16 map in a while now as I focus a lot on TOTA (rank 800 soon) and I realize I cant really notice any difference as everything one shot me anyway.
Last time I did a map though it felt really smooth... :D

How is everyone else doing in tota with this build? I read some QQ posts about tota being shit without a cheese build but I think its pretty fun.

How big is Cowards belt with vulnerability/vulnerability immunity, is it a BIG damage increase? I'm basically saving up figuring out what to go for next now

it is big. 30% multiplier. so instead of killing things in 10s, you kill things in 7.7s. that's like 23% time saved. we've already tried/tested and it's still better value/objectively better than headhunters and even mageblood.
I'm working on the higher dps (Malefaction) version. The non-damaging ailments boots, I can't find anything with the implicits and the non-damaging ailments on trade site. Was wondering if I was missing something or if these are supposed to be handcrafted. If they need to be crafted, any guidance as to the steps??
Thanks as always for the great help!
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Aljunn21 a écrit :
HI! I'm really having a hard time on raising my dps as im following this guide. Can someone help me on my build on where am i missing?

https://pobb.in/NySB_09lHnHy

I thought you'll actually be having more issues with defense than DPS but anyway:

1. Fix your passive skill tree
- Whispers of Doom is absolutely essential for double curse to take effect
-Influence and Charisma wheel to run all your aura

I recommend following the starting skill tree because you are skipping the essential passives for the good to have ones
From the guide:https://pobb.in/oju_dH4i5QRz
You should follow the lvl 80 skill tree, except you do not need to allocate Eldritch Battery because you have Devouring Diadem.

2. lvl 21 Creeping Frost and Vortex (quality is not important)
3. Level up your character from lvl 82 to lvl 90+
4. Ele Focus needs to be at least lvl 5 after gem level boosts
5. Level up all your support and aura gems

Perhaps you are new to Path of Exile, but getting 75% fire, cold and lightning resistances are essential for defense. I wonder where you got your currency from?

Cheers~

Thanks for this! And yeah, im just new to the game. And i've been wondering how do you even get the 75% elemental resistances? I tried to add up all your resistances from the item and doesn't even sum up to 75? How?
"
Aljunn21 a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Aljunn21 a écrit :
HI! I'm really having a hard time on raising my dps as im following this guide. Can someone help me on my build on where am i missing?

https://pobb.in/NySB_09lHnHy

I thought you'll actually be having more issues with defense than DPS but anyway:

1. Fix your passive skill tree
- Whispers of Doom is absolutely essential for double curse to take effect
-Influence and Charisma wheel to run all your aura

I recommend following the starting skill tree because you are skipping the essential passives for the good to have ones
From the guide:https://pobb.in/oju_dH4i5QRz
You should follow the lvl 80 skill tree, except you do not need to allocate Eldritch Battery because you have Devouring Diadem.

2. lvl 21 Creeping Frost and Vortex (quality is not important)
3. Level up your character from lvl 82 to lvl 90+
4. Ele Focus needs to be at least lvl 5 after gem level boosts
5. Level up all your support and aura gems

Perhaps you are new to Path of Exile, but getting 75% fire, cold and lightning resistances are essential for defense. I wonder where you got your currency from?

Cheers~

Thanks for this! And yeah, im just new to the game. And i've been wondering how do you even get the 75% elemental resistances? I tried to add up all your resistances from the item and doesn't even sum up to 75? How?

I don't have access to look at his PoB, but remember you can get resists viathe skill tree and jewels too. So if his gear isn't adding up, maybe there's some stuff on the skill tree. With tattoos this league, a lot of people are using tattoos to free up suffixes on items.
So looking at the POB for the Malefaction DPS version, there are 2 custom modifiers that I'm not sure where they are originating from:

+120% to all elemental resistances
+35 strength and dexterity

Specifically the resistance one because the items basically provide no resistance. So where are we supposed to get the resistance from?
To: Aljunn21 and Gfuryan,

You need to fill the open suffixes on the rare items with elemental resistances/stats.

Take for example the Dialla variant: https://poe.ninja/builds/crucible/character/SonsOfKorhal/IceBallDoTBuild_CRUC?time-machine=week-10&i=0&search=time-machine%3Dweek-10%26name%3Dsonsof

For Dialla, the corrupted implicits on the chest are important. Otherwise you are better off running Skin of the Lords.

Edit:
1 corrupted line implicit: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/W5wjqzrhm
2 corrupted lines implicit: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/qa9BnBlUg
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 18 sept. 2023 09:07:40
"
Gfuryan a écrit :
I'm working on the higher dps (Malefaction) version. The non-damaging ailments boots, I can't find anything with the implicits and the non-damaging ailments on trade site. Was wondering if I was missing something or if these are supposed to be handcrafted. If they need to be crafted, any guidance as to the steps??
Thanks as always for the great help!

Buy the boots without the implicits, then use Eldritch currency to craft the implicits.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Huntezudo a écrit :
Hi @LkGGz

Congratulations on the build. It's pretty fun.

I would like some help regarding the upcoming upgrades. Could you analyze the pob and recommend something?

https://pobb.in/xrg9e-K_2SIo

Thank you very much.

Glad to hear :)

Some suggestions:
1. Use blessing orb to reroll Mark of the Shaper implicit
2. You don't need freeze immunity suffixes on Granite and Quicksilver Flasks (get freeze immunity from Pantheon/Frigid Wake). Hence you should reroll for Evasion/Armor/Movespeed.
3. Glove - reroll exarch influence for Cold DoT multiplier (or something useful because added lightning dmg does nothing)
4. Replace amulet craft with increased effect of non-damaging ailments (you can use harvest craft to swap cold resistance on shield into fire)
5. Consider running ele resist cannot be lowered by curses instead of corrupted blood for protection mastery because ele weakness map mod can cause your resistances to go below 75%.
6. Boots - use tainted armourer's scrap for quality
7. Get lvl 21 Creeping Frost - very important for all skill gems to be lvl 21
8. Get Empower lvl 4
9. Get 20% quality on shield charge, flame dash and faster attacks for better mobility
10. Get lvl 21 Frostbite - quality on frostbite isn't useful
11. Get 20% quality on Divine Blessing
12. Replace controlled destruction on gloves with awakened CD
13. Repace bonechill with Divergent Bonechill

Hello @LkGGz

Well, thanks again for the help and the build.
I made some of the changes suggested in the last post.

https://pobb.in/5r6Xppoy4Kih

I think the main points now would be these:

1. A better shield more life
2. Forbidden jewels
3. Level 100

Any other points that would greatly impact the build before this?

Thank you again
"
Huntezudo a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Huntezudo a écrit :
Hi @LkGGz

Congratulations on the build. It's pretty fun.

I would like some help regarding the upcoming upgrades. Could you analyze the pob and recommend something?

https://pobb.in/xrg9e-K_2SIo

Thank you very much.

Glad to hear :)

Some suggestions:
1. Use blessing orb to reroll Mark of the Shaper implicit
2. You don't need freeze immunity suffixes on Granite and Quicksilver Flasks (get freeze immunity from Pantheon/Frigid Wake). Hence you should reroll for Evasion/Armor/Movespeed.
3. Glove - reroll exarch influence for Cold DoT multiplier (or something useful because added lightning dmg does nothing)
4. Replace amulet craft with increased effect of non-damaging ailments (you can use harvest craft to swap cold resistance on shield into fire)
5. Consider running ele resist cannot be lowered by curses instead of corrupted blood for protection mastery because ele weakness map mod can cause your resistances to go below 75%.
6. Boots - use tainted armourer's scrap for quality
7. Get lvl 21 Creeping Frost - very important for all skill gems to be lvl 21
8. Get Empower lvl 4
9. Get 20% quality on shield charge, flame dash and faster attacks for better mobility
10. Get lvl 21 Frostbite - quality on frostbite isn't useful
11. Get 20% quality on Divine Blessing
12. Replace controlled destruction on gloves with awakened CD
13. Repace bonechill with Divergent Bonechill

Hello @LkGGz

Well, thanks again for the help and the build.
I made some of the changes suggested in the last post.

https://pobb.in/5r6Xppoy4Kih

I think the main points now would be these:

1. A better shield more life
2. Forbidden jewels
3. Level 100

Any other points that would greatly impact the build before this?

Thank you again

Hello! Your character looks better now :)

Your current build is 65.5k EHP, 18.5m DoT DPS: https://pobb.in/SrF0AH26oVUK

Nothing major before those 3 things, its small stuff like lvl 21 Frostbite, quality on boots, etc.

FYI about the 4th point:
By crafting non-damaging ailments on your amulet, your overall DoT DPS increases by 5.7% (see image below). Although it appears that your EHP drops by whooping 11.8%, that is only because your fire resistance will be under 75%. As described in the previous post, you can use harvest craft to swap your excess cold resistance on shield into fire. Overall, you still lose chaos resistances so the trade-off is up to you.

62.8k EHP, 19.6m DoT DPS: https://pobb.in/pa9RbYhpqDNY

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires