[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
fuxxnuts2 a écrit :
"
GrindcoreFTW a écrit :
Looks good but my only two things I am unsure about are, the build doesn't look too tanky, do you die often in harder content?
And how to we recover life?

its not tanky at all. You are required to rely on flasks, and expect to get one shot a few times here every few maps.

Have you actually played this build? :pp

Because what you describe is nothing I've ever seen when playing myself.
"
gados1 a écrit :
"
GrindcoreFTW a écrit :
Looks good but my only two things I am unsure about are, the build doesn't look too tanky, do you die often in harder content?

I played this in 3.19 and loved it, the only thing i struggelt with ware the endgame bosses and the UBER essence monsters.

I farmed lots of chayula breachstone's and onlyed diet to my stubit plays or hard combos on rare mobs :)

Yeah sadly for certain endgame bosses the single target DPS is not that juicy. Which hopefully the changes to Vaal CA can make it better for that.

BUT I DO NOT SUGGEST AT ALL TO USE THIS BUILD FOR UBER BOSSES AT ALL! IT WILL NOT WORK!
"
Xanthochroid a écrit :
Vaal CA numbers look pretty nutty. Basically 12 seconds (2 uses of 6 seconds) of essentially 2.4x damage of standard CA.

Yeah the changes to Curses and Despair screwed this build over a bit, but not that much. But the Vaal CA changes is gonna be really nice for Single Target for sure :)
"
GrindcoreFTW a écrit :

As with everything in PoE, it comes down to your personal playstyle/skill. How good are you in dodging things manually in PoE and understanding the game.

Some people might die a lot with this Build if they aren't very good at the game or haven't built their defences properly.

While me for example, I smash giga juiced T16 maps and don't even take damage.

ONE THING I HAVE TO SAY THOUGH FOR PEOPLE LOOKING IN THIS SPECIFIC GUIDE AT THE GEAR AND SKILLS.

I did make many changes last league which I uploaded all the changes to Youtube. These changes haven't made the Forum yet as I haven't had time to update it yet. And these changes are for example, making it stronger vs endgame bosses, making it tankier and thus more expensive.
"
Bergerbrush a écrit :
"
GrindcoreFTW a écrit :

As with everything in PoE, it comes down to your personal playstyle/skill. How good are you in dodging things manually in PoE and understanding the game.

Some people might die a lot with this Build if they aren't very good at the game or haven't built their defences properly.

ONE THING I HAVE TO SAY THOUGH FOR PEOPLE LOOKING IN THIS SPECIFIC GUIDE AT THE GEAR AND SKILLS.

I did make many changes last league which I uploaded all the changes to Youtube. These changes haven't made the Forum yet as I haven't had time to update it yet. And these changes are for example, making it stronger vs endgame bosses, making it tankier and thus more expensive.

You still didn't answer how we recover life, the rest of your answer sounds good. I love to play braindead so I'll have to thoroughly check your build tommorow before league start but man I wanna play DO so bad, it looks so nice.
"
GrindcoreFTW a écrit :
"
Bergerbrush a écrit :
"
GrindcoreFTW a écrit :

You still didn't answer how we recover life, the rest of your answer sounds good. I love to play braindead so I'll have to thoroughly check your build tommorow before league start but man I wanna play DO so bad, it looks so nice.

Sorry haha, was working with school project kinda at the same time as I was browsing through the questions in this thread ^^

With exceptions for the classic old Life Flask, we have "Blood Drinker" that gives 2% of Life on Kill and "Blood Siphon" that gives +10 Life on Kill. So when you run around and just pop packs of enemies you basicly gain a BIG chunk of HP back.

But you still have to utilize your Life Flask well for bosses and certain situations :)
Rejoice, this build is megabuffed. 50% chance to explode profane bloom, a whopping 4600 base dot damage on vaal caustic arrow at level 20.

Defensively sketchy though. Lost malediction. Enfeeble aura by blasphemy lost some effectiveness, though we haven't seen the new passive tree yet. The new amulet might save the day, but that's a rare uber drop. This build is going even more glasscannon mode no doubt, might even be squishier than a deadeye at this point.
Dernière édition par WoefulKnightGuy, le 8 déc. 2022 14:05:28
"
WoefulKnightGuy a écrit :
Rejoice, this build is megabuffed. 50% chance to explode profane bloom, a whopping 4600 base dot damage on vaal caustic arrow at level 20.

Defensively sketchy though. Lost malediction. Enfeeble aura by blasphemy lost some effectiveness, though we haven't seen the new passive tree yet. The new amulet might save the day, but that's a rare uber drop. This build is going even more glasscannon mode no doubt, might even be squishier than a deadeye at this point.

I haven't had that much feedback from people who actually tried out this build with the updated Youtube versions except for some people in my Discord.

They had no issues with survivability in 3.19 so I'm not sure 10% dmg reduction removal from Malediction being removed is that major of a thing. But then again I can't really say for sure until I test it out myself this League and see how it is. And hopefully get some feedback from more people trying it out.
Planning on running this build on leaguestart, but was considering a few changes.
1. I was looking at auras and it looks like aspect of the spider would be a good addition, would you suggest running it?
2. To remove mana issues I heard going Eldrich Battery works rather well. Have you tried it?
3.20 Updates

Spoiler

Update #1
Malediction is gone so we lose 10% survivability and 10% damage from that. Also Curses are changed so now we have full Curse Effect against Endgame Bosses but sadly Despair got nerfed quite hard so we lose some overall damage thanks to that. But instead they gave us Vaal CA which is 2.4x Damage so our Single Target damage is basicly doubled when using that!

More information about the Changes & How to play this build for the League can be found in this new video!

Death's Oath League Starter for The Forbidden Sanctum! - Path of Exile [3.20]

I will also link the new Updated PoB's for the Endgame versions of this Build until I have time to update everything in this Forum Thread!

Endgame Mapping PoB: https://pastebin.com/CxxCNfpv

Endgame Bossing PoB: https://pastebin.com/Wfbh9TgX

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires