[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
Shaggrock a écrit :
Testing for 3.20 and I have two questions:
1. Confused about leveling with freezing pulse + spell cascade. I don't think spell cascade works with freezing pulse.
2. Are you planning to update the guide for 3.20 (if it requires updating)

Thanks for the guide

It already requires updating because I have been tweaking it to make it MUCH better. Which I made YT videos for but havent updated this specific guide.

BUT I am waiting for the patch notes etc to know if I need to re-update anyway.

But yes, update incoming :)

And regarding early leveling, it's not written in stone to use freezing pulse, you can do what ever you want tbh. And I think that combo does work because I used it if I'm not misstaken, but early leveling is really just personal preference
Despair no longer causes Cursed enemies to take 15-25% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects, and it no longer adds 9-46 to 12-76 Chaos Damage to Hits against Cursed Enemies. It now causes Cursed enemies to have -15% to Chaos Resistance at gem level 1 (previously -20%), up to -30% at gem level 20 (previously -29%). Quality no longer causes Cursed Enemies to take 0-10% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects. Instead, it now provides 0-10% increased Effect of Curse.

The Occultist's Profane Bloom Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill no longer provides "Your Hexes can affect Hexproof Enemies." It now provides "Cursed Enemies you or your Minions Kill have a 50% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage" (previously 40% chance).

The Occultist's Malediction Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill has been renamed to Unholy Authority. It no longer provides 15% increased Effect of your Curses, or "Enemies you curse have Malediction." It now provides "Your Hexes can affect Hexproof Enemies."

Pinnacle bosses, Map bosses, Incursion architects, Betrayal targets, Breachlords and others no longer have 33% or 66% less effect of curses on them respectively.

What's your opinion about these changes, how much does it impact the build @Bergerbrush ?
Dernière édition par Cactusmaan, le 1 déc. 2022 16:34:41
"
Cactusmaan a écrit :
Despair no longer causes Cursed enemies to take 15-25% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects, and it no longer adds 9-46 to 12-76 Chaos Damage to Hits against Cursed Enemies. It now causes Cursed enemies to have -15% to Chaos Resistance at gem level 1 (previously -20%), up to -30% at gem level 20 (previously -29%). Quality no longer causes Cursed Enemies to take 0-10% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects. Instead, it now provides 0-10% increased Effect of Curse.

The Occultist's Profane Bloom Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill no longer provides "Your Hexes can affect Hexproof Enemies." It now provides "Cursed Enemies you or your Minions Kill have a 50% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage" (previously 40% chance).

The Occultist's Malediction Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill has been renamed to Unholy Authority. It no longer provides 15% increased Effect of your Curses, or "Enemies you curse have Malediction." It now provides "Your Hexes can affect Hexproof Enemies."

Pinnacle bosses, Map bosses, Incursion architects, Betrayal targets, Breachlords and others no longer have 33% or 66% less effect of curses on them respectively.

What's your opinion about these changes, how much does it impact the build @Bergerbrush ?

Tbh I am really bad at math and figuring this out in my head is absolutely a no-go. But if I would just guess, I would say it doesn't really impact the build that much at all. We lose some damage from loosing Curse Effect, Malediction and the Damage Over time on Despair.

But we gain that damage back pretty nicely by the changes to bosses being affected by curses more now. So until we have PoB update and can know 100%. I would just say it evens out?

I would even say we probably will gain more damage against endgame bosses even :)
Update post & changes to buildguide & new video coming this weekend/next week!

No big changes really for us overall, just gonna update the guide to be more in line with the changes I made last league which improved the build a lot overall!
I'm pretty sure the biggest buff to this build is yet to be announced, Vaal caustic arrow. Right now the downside to this build is its single-target capability. Sure it can do end-game bosses on a decent budget but it's not winning any prices there. But I'm hoping that Vaal caustic arrow will take care of that problem, especially how the new league mechanic probably is working. Please pray with me:P
"
Nordatheman a écrit :
I'm pretty sure the biggest buff to this build is yet to be announced, Vaal caustic arrow. Right now the downside to this build is its single-target capability. Sure it can do end-game bosses on a decent budget but it's not winning any prices there. But I'm hoping that Vaal caustic arrow will take care of that problem, especially how the new league mechanic probably is working. Please pray with me:P

So I've seen some people on the Reddit saying that our clearspeed damage got nerfed abit because of the changes to despair and malediction, which is probably true. But our Single Target damage vs bosses should be better I would think. Still have to wait for PoB to give us actual numbers on this.

But yes, a big thing here could potentally be Vaal CA. Depending on what it does and how it works it could really be a big boost for us Single Target, or help with Clearing if that's needed which I don't think it will be.

The only thing I can say is that clearing like 60%+ deli maps will be harder now if they nerf our clear damage. But as long as you can kill 1 enemy in a pack it usually just ends up with everything exploding anyway. So should be fine still.
Had a question/solution for a quality-of-life thing for the build. Eldritch battery is only 2 skill points away and will take care of all the mana problems we might encounter, you never run out of ES/mana. If you take that node you can also reserve 100% of your mana and fit in one more aura with help from other nodes/cluster jewels. Might be worth it?

This is the setup that I ended up using after playing for a few hours in 3.19: https://pastebin.com/LH3qjaCa
@Nordatheman
Good point on Vaal Caustic Arrow, i totally missed that

Regarding Eldritch Battery it's good QOL, if you check PoE Ninja 72% of 239 players are using it so yup it's worth imo.
I'm going to leag start at this build, and if i fuck it up i can always respeck to cold dot.

I have played this build a lot this leag, and i LOVE it!
i have farmed chaula breach stones, and sold them for profit and i made like 25-30 div this way.

What are you guys gonna play the comming leag :)
Anxiously awaiting the update. I played a build like this in scourge and honestly loved it. I will revisit it with vaal caustic arrow and I am certain it will be a strong mapper even with the curse changes.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires