3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Every Barrage/Shot from a Ballista can only apply a max ONE Fuse to (each) Enemy it hits per Shot/Barrage.

If its firing 10 Arrows each time, it will still apply only one Fuse to the Boss per Barrage.

I agree it's not really documented well and kinda confusing.

It would be totally OP otherwise, we would have no need for AttackSpeed at all and just take +3-5 Extra Arrows and always be Fuse-Capped.

You can confirm that yourself:

Say you have 20 Fuses.
Get "+9 addtional Arrows" (GMP/LMP/Gear) and find a buffy Rare.
You now have about 200 Arrows pounding the Boss per Second.
-> You'll still only see one Explosion every second.

If the Fuses from additional Arrows would stack, the Explosion would go off 5-10Times per seconds. (Everytime you reach max Fuses, the Explosion triggers)

But:
Additional Arrows is still verrry nice for mapclear.
The Multiple Explosions and Arrows on multiple different Targets gives you a way higher overall DPS/Clearspeed.

It just doesn't do anything for SingleTarget, that's all.

Dernière édition par Schejian, le 23 déc. 2023 16:34:41
The arrow is the fuse, if you hit with the arrow then it adds to the fuse count. I think they're talking about shotgunning skills on single target like with GMP or LMP, but I don't think EA works that way (most skills don't). It wouldn't be OP anyway because ignite damage is still limited by the amount of fire DoT multi you can stack, ignite duration, etc.
Dernière édition par Dromlin, le 23 déc. 2023 17:06:19
"
Dromlin a écrit :
It's not documented well because it's not right. The arrow is the fuse, if you hit with the arrow then it adds to the fuse count. It also wouldn't be OP because ignite damage is still limited by the amount of fire DoT multi you can stack, ignite duration, etc. The reason we don't try to stack 9 arrows and drop extra totems is because those 9 arrows are flying out in a fan formation and super unlikely to actually all hit a single target unless the totem placement is perfect.

Go try it out, it's very easy to confirm that it doesn't work.

With 200+Arrows per seconds at least some should shotgun/multiple hit the boss.
But no matter how many Additonal Arrow you'll take. You'll always only get one Explosion every 1,15 Second.

Now Equip the "Barrage Support", that actually allows your EA to shotgun/apply mutliple fuses per "additional Arrow" (Thats the main job of Barrage Support)-> Now you'll see an extreme Number of Fuses, resulting in ~10 Explosions per second.

That confirms that "additional Arrows" can only apply ONE Fuse per Enemy.

PS: It's still super good for clear!
Dernière édition par Schejian, le 23 déc. 2023 17:17:15
Yeah, sorry about that. I realized what they were talking about was "shotgunning" skills, which was reworked a really long time ago. Even if shotgunning worked with EA fuses, it still wouldn't really help this build with totems because you'd spend all your time worrying about placement.
Dernière édition par Dromlin, le 23 déc. 2023 17:18:44
"
Headtourist a écrit :
"
Anena a écrit :
Hi Guys!! :) Getting my Stuff together slowly... i switched to some Cluster Jewels and my problem is im only reaching 19 Fuses (if im correct)... figured out i could add Faster Attacks instead of Swift Affliction and it would set me above 22... but im not sure if its a real dps boost because of all the Confusing Ignite Dps Numbers in PoB. Would be nice if anyone could take a look at my Pob and tell me which gem to use:(

https://pobb.in/FGmHvrnfUz27

Hey. Nice build.

About faster attacks vs swift affliction, keep swift affliction.

Didn't check everything, but i'm not sure how to help with your attack speed*. Maybe glance at some other devouring diadem eab builds on poe ninja, just to see what the other guys are doing, in case.

*Note : Are the quality enchants still in the game or were they also removed ? (i don't see the attack speed quality enchant on your bow. There's 3% attack speed to get there if it's still in the game (requires upgrading quality to 24%+). Should get you from 19 to 20 fuses.

Important : your exposure implicit on gloves is 100% useless, pick something else that could be useful to you.

Also there's certainly things you can upgrade when it comes to jewels : your chimeric gnarl for example (your life potion gives corrupted blood immunity on use), also some gems, like level 4 empower etc.

To get something like 10% more dps, for ubers, consider aiming for a good +2 amulet

Example :
Spoiler
Horror Beads
Jade Amulet
Unique ID: 28463ed82939d012081cd295c42b06902e26fb24cfd301e0e24a57e77473d823
Item Level: 83
LevelReq: 65
Implicits: 2
{crafted}Allocates Watchtowers
+30 to Dexterity
{fractured}+26% to Damage over Time Multiplier
+1 to Level of all Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Fire Skill Gems
{crafted}Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
{crafted}19% increased Fire Damage
{crafted}22% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

Thank you so much!! Was hoping u had time to take a look :) Fixed some Problems already (Level 4 Empower, Harvest Att Speed on Bow.. just missing Hillock in Transportation and finding a better glove enchant) Merry X-Mas everyone!!!
"
Anena a écrit :

Thank you so much!! Was hoping u had time to take a look :) Fixed some Problems already (Level 4 Empower, Harvest Att Speed on Bow.. just missing Hillock in Transportation and finding a better glove enchant) Merry X-Mas everyone!!!

Actually I didn't even realize when I took a look, but swap out awakened swift affliction for awakened deadly ailments, you'll get much more ignite dps that way.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
New PoE player and followed this guide.. just realized that the early build is actually intended for a respec which I can't do right now as I don't have enough refund points (Don't have orb of regrets and only have 1 chaos orb which I hear is equivalent to 1 orb of regret). Should I just start anew with the build for later acts? Or is there another guide I can make use of with the early build tree? Thanks!
"
jp0678 a écrit :
New PoE player and followed this guide.. just realized that the early build is actually intended for a respec which I can't do right now as I don't have enough refund points (Don't have orb of regrets and only have 1 chaos orb which I hear is equivalent to 1 orb of regret). Should I just start anew with the build for later acts? Or is there another guide I can make use of with the early build tree? Thanks!

If you're following the given PoB, you will get enough passive refund points from quests (20 total) to respec the build. You should only need to refund about 10 nodes by the time you reach maps.
"
Dromlin a écrit :
If you're following the given PoB, you will get enough passive refund points from quests (20 total) to respec the build. You should only need to refund about 10 nodes by the time you reach maps.

Oh that sounds great, I think I'll continue with my current build then. Thanks!
"
Headtourist a écrit :
"
Anena a écrit :

Actually I didn't even realize when I took a look, but swap out awakened swift affliction for awakened deadly ailments, you'll get much more ignite dps that way.

Thank u i did this! BUT my Poe.Ninja DPS goes to the bottom from 40k to 7k :( In Maps i honestly doesnt feel a difference between both gems. I know there are some Dps Warriors that use the glove enchant for pushing higher numbers... just want to understand why it gives so much less DPS then Swift Affliction?! BUT otherwise it sets my fuses to the 22 Limit?! Also Mr. brunowa mentioned in his first post to just swap in Deadly Ailments for the hardest bosses?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires