[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

My current favourite idea is to just apply shocks for clear with skitterbots and movement skill (probably shield charge) which I think should be perfectly fine. Dont see why you're making a post that it will "miserably fail" yet anyways if weve got literally no idea about how it will feel...
You don't need to wait and see it, if you have played poe before, you should know more or less what is required for certain mechanic, and what is required to have great clear speed and not clunky gameplay.

Look at your poor skitterbots:

"
Shocking Skitterbot's Aura Shocks Enemies near it

They only shock enemies that are near it. You can right now login into the game, and see it with your own eyes, get your skitterbots going. They've been used in poe for single target not clear speed (if we talk about shock and chill). You need to also bear in mind that those are also minions so they will move here and there on their own (minion ai), not always where you would like them to go. So if you have monsters scattered over your whole screen, then you need to move your skitterbots xx times on the screen to apply shock on each monster you want to kill, because LC will do literally 0 damage to not shocked enemies, and you need to cast LC multiple times anyway. I'm not even saying that running skitterbots with shaper of storm is kinda waste anyway.
Dernière édition par ojejku, le 19 août 2022 07:28:39
Skitterbots have issues, yes. They also let me not actively use another skill while clearing, so if I they work even sorta-ok and I just have to pop OoS sometimes I'm ok with it. I certainly agree they won't be enough on their own and we may even need to use a "real" skill to Shock, or Shield Charge, or whatever, but we won't know for sure until later today.

My hope is that Skitterbots + OoS is smooth enough that I don't need to use "real" skills.

There's an Alternate Quality for Skitterbots that gives them AoE, that should also help a lot. The actual minion AI for Skitterbots is excellent, it's just that they can't be everywhere at once, so the hope is that you one shot with each cast and they move to the next target.

If enemies are coming from all directions, you should be using OoS on top.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Dernière édition par CantripN, le 19 août 2022 07:43:26
Personally, that Waggle video has definitely lowered my enthusiasm for trying OoS with LC. I think I'll first try self-cast hydrosphere + LC and see how that goes.

If it feels too clunky I'm inclined to go back to just using crackling lance. I used this build back in 3.17 with crackling lance and loved it; the option to maybe add galvanic field too could be good this time around too.

Quick question: I've never bothered stacking spell suppression before. Is it really essential to try and get 100%? Like does it feel noticeably better than something like 60-70%? It just seems like it's a pretty difficult stat for us to max out.

Never played wit h Hydro, so got to ask. How long is shock on hydrosphere lasting? I am worried about clunckiness (during boss fights) of having to refresh hydro every few second, then every so often refreshing shock on it (which is not done with LC). Thats a lot of additional maintanence that i.e. storm brand doesnt need.
In case if Lightning Conduit will not work so smooth as expecting, does Crackling Lance will work as good as before according to this guide? And it's possible just easily switch to it?
"
Aim4MyHead a écrit :
Personally, that Waggle video has definitely lowered my enthusiasm for trying OoS with LC. I think I'll first try self-cast hydrosphere + LC and see how that goes.

If it feels too clunky I'm inclined to go back to just using crackling lance. I used this build back in 3.17 with crackling lance and loved it; the option to maybe add galvanic field too could be good this time around too.

Quick question: I've never bothered stacking spell suppression before. Is it really essential to try and get 100%? Like does it feel noticeably better than something like 60-70%? It just seems like it's a pretty difficult stat for us to max out.

I agree, I also have some concerns after that video. We'll see soon how that feels in practice. CL/Arc for sure work, and Galvanic is a huge boost.

Spell Suppression is "nice" while you have some, but it just feels like you've lowered the difficulty setting on the game when it's at 100%. You just no longer risk one shots (mostly).

"
Kaevar a écrit :
Never played wit h Hydro, so got to ask. How long is shock on hydrosphere lasting? I am worried about clunckiness (during boss fights) of having to refresh hydro every few second, then every so often refreshing shock on it (which is not done with LC). Thats a lot of additional maintanence that i.e. storm brand doesnt need.

Your Arcanist Brand keeps recasting it, and your OoS/Arc/CL will keep it Shocked 100% of the time, so don't worry. It's as automated as it can be without a Trigger Wand (which is an option, btw, as are Exposure on Hit gloves).

"
arrmatura a écrit :
In case if Lightning Conduit will not work so smooth as expecting, does Crackling Lance will work as good as before according to this guide? And it's possible just easily switch to it?

Absolutely. Crackling Lance even got buffed for it's AoE, and with the added boost from Galvanic Field, should be better than in 3.17.

"
CantripN a écrit :

Spell Suppression is "nice" while you have some, but it just feels like you've lowered the difficulty setting on the game when it's at 100%. You just no longer risk one shots (mostly).

Ok that's good to know, thanks. I'll aim for 100% and try it out.

Thanks again for this build, btw. Like I said - tried it out in 3.17 and loved it, so I'm keen to go again this league.
"
CantripN a écrit :
"
Aim4MyHead a écrit :

I agree, I also have some concerns after that video. We'll see soon how that feels in practice. CL/Arc for sure work, and Galvanic is a huge boost.

"
Kaevar a écrit :

Your Arcanist Brand keeps recasting it, and your OoS/Arc/CL will keep it Shocked 100% of the time, so don't worry. It's as automated as it can be without a Trigger Wand (which is an option, btw, as are Exposure on Hit gloves).

I probably dont understand how that works then. For a moment I thought that you use Hydro+Arc in one Arcanist Brand and trigger both at the same time or something, but no, these are separate setups in PoB. So you have to keep casting arcanist Brand, same as Hydro (dont really understand what is the bran d benefit here instead of jus casting Hydro directly). And then you have to re-apply shocks to Hydro anyway. So its 2 skills to keep Area Shocked and then 3rd skill to kill. Seems a lot.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires