[3.14-3.16 HC Updated] HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content <Videos>

I've decided it was not a very successful experiment. In the harder fights, its just not possible to stay in one place no matter how good my defenses, and it takes way too long for the defense of this jewel to ramp up to be useful when you have to keep moving.

"
ieatpillowtags a écrit :
I've decided it was not a very successful experiment. In the harder fights, its just not possible to stay in one place no matter how good my defenses, and it takes way too long for the defense of this jewel to ramp up to be useful when you have to keep moving.

Also good to know! I think I've estimated I have at least a dozen terrible ideas for every one that turns into a decent build. Knowing what doesn't work is very helpful. Appreciation,

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 12 mai 2021 16:40:02
So I loved the cyclone version on Jugg when I played this build back in 3.12 so I wanted to experiment with that since I am delving a lot with it, and cyclone is so much easier to work with when jumping out into the darkness.

That being said, it has been said in this thread a lot that cyclone builds don't cut it for general use, mostly because of bossing. So I am trying to have a glove and weapon swap for bossing/standstill content, and using double cold iron point for mapping and delving, which I think has made the build really dynamic and fun to play. This is especially big considering I don't have too much time for multiple builds, and this build is such a good one size fits all and so tanky that my potato brain some days doesn't get punished as hard for being bad. :D

Currently, I am still a Jugg for this league, and this is working out fine, but I am wondering if such a thing would be solid on a champion style like you have here. The biggest issue I found doing the Jugg was that if I wasn't cycloning, I just didn't have fortify and I was very sad :( So perm fortify from champion looks really appealing for a weapon swap playstyle like this. But I am curious about how well champion will function with Cold Iron Points and Cyclone.

Also side thing, adding flesh and stone for blind has been really good. blind just has been very solid for the built-in dodge. Especially with all the monsters from the ultimatum giving the biggest hugs. I think it is a nice defensively layer to note.
"
MrGarbs a écrit :

Currently, I am still a Jugg for this league, and this is working out fine, but I am wondering if such a thing would be solid on a champion style like you have here. The biggest issue I found doing the Jugg was that if I wasn't cycloning, I just didn't have fortify and I was very sad :( So perm fortify from champion looks really appealing for a weapon swap playstyle like this. But I am curious about how well champion will function with Cold Iron Points and Cyclone.

I think, in 3.14, Champion would function with cyclone/dual CIPs at least as well as the jugg. As you pointed out, the downside is damage missing on single targets. But if your style is to map cyclone and weaponswap to QuillRain for bossing, I don't see any problem with using Champ for that. My opinions on the relative strengths of the two styles (cyclone CIPs vs. Barrage QR) in 3.14 I already posted.

As to blind, I absolutely agree that it is a good defensive layer. I prefer to get it through an abyss jewel and/or stibnite flask so that I can reserve mana for aspect of the spider, as I find the slow to be an additional good defensive layer.

Anyway, very glad you are enjoying some form of the build and wishing you success with your own variation.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 14 mai 2021 15:53:41
Well I think I've min-maxed the build. Trialmaster down. Maven down with 2 deaths. A9 Sirus down with 2 deaths. None of the deaths were about the build, my computer is nearly the lowest spec, I lagged a lot and I jumped right into the black flames in Sirus fights accidentally. I've had NO problem with any of the content I've done, also I've finished The Twisted, one with breach bosses and the other one with Shaper Guardians. I haven't noticed any problem with standing still. Without flasks, I have 66% Attack Dodge, 55% Spell Dodge. With all flasks up, I have 30% chance to Evade, 75% Attack Dodge and 65% Spell Dodge. This build is straight my best build since Nemesis league. Totally suggested. Totally. Suggested. Here are the final gear, and another thanks to the author for sharing this beautiful build.

Edit : I have had 5040 HP during all fights. Same at the moment. Next plan is to buy an attack speed corrupted Quill Rain and 4 white socket curse on hit gloves.

͡o ͜ʖ ͡o
Dernière édition par Berasteralon, le 14 mai 2021 11:19:04
"
Berasteralon a écrit :
Well I think I've min-maxed the build. Trialmaster down. Maven down with 2 deaths. A9 Sirus down with 2 deaths. None of the deaths were about the build, my computer is nearly the lowest spec, I lagged a lot and I jumped right into the black flames in Sirus fights accidentally. I've had NO problem with any of the content I've done, also I've finished The Twisted, one with breach bosses and the other one with Shaper Guardians. I haven't noticed any problem with standing still. Without flasks, I have 66% Attack Dodge, 55% Spell Dodge. With all flasks up, I have 30% chance to Evade, 75% Attack Dodge and 65% Spell Dodge. This build is straight my best build since Nemesis league. Totally suggested. Totally. Suggested. Here are the final gear, and another thanks to the author for sharing this beautiful build.

Edit : I have had 5040 HP during all fights. Same at the moment. Next plan is to buy an attack speed corrupted Quill Rain and 4 white socket curse on hit gloves.

Congratulations! Stories like this always make my day.

-O
I've got a question regarding Volley Fire. Without 40 dex in radius (you have 20 dex and 10 int in the pob), what's the point other than a cheap jewel to put correupted blood corruption on?
"
kijenn a écrit :
I've got a question regarding Volley Fire. Without 40 dex in radius (you have 20 dex and 10 int in the pob), what's the point other than a cheap jewel to put correupted blood corruption on?

You are mistaken. The dex does not have to be allocated. Volley fire is often a good place to get a cheap corrupting blood, but it is also very strong QOL for its effect.

-O
"
Orion72 a écrit :
"
kijenn a écrit :

You are mistaken. The dex does not have to be allocated. Volley fire is often a good place to get a cheap corrupting blood, but it is also very strong QOL for its effect.

-O

Oh, right. See, I didn't know that. Learn something new every day.
Thank you for the quick reply as well!
Anytime. Happy to help.

-O

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires