[3.14-3.16 HC Updated] HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content <Videos>

Appreciate the reply! Makes sense, love the build so far!
Very glad you are enjoying it.
Go get em!

-O
:>

Re Hall of GMs:

Here is a copy paste from the old build guide on how to do hall of GMs with this type of build (yes, with a little help, it is HOGM capable)

2. Hall of GMs: There are GMs with enough dodge/block to reduce your number of hits per second, and hence life gain, sufficiently for them to kill you. Particularly some that use scorching ray can be extremely dangerous. There are GMs with tempest shield that will damage you with every hit from barrage. There are also GMs with sufficient regen that you won't be able to kill them with your normal set up. To get past these last two, kill all the other gms around, and then have a weapon swap ready to Balefire and and a shield that replaces the resists on your quiver. For my run I used Prism Guardian, but any shield with enough res will do.

You will be able to burn the GM down with balefire, then swap back to the normal set up. Hall of GMs is completable, but it is definitely not trivial content, even for this build.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 4 mai 2021 18:19:01
I've always loved HoAG! This guide is awesome.

I wanted to ask, when does the damage usually ramp up? My HoAG seems really slow, low damage, and low accuracy compared to the previous iterations.

I am currently lvl 32 with most of the gear I need (5L Quill Rain, Barrage with everything, HoAG in Honourhome, Thief's torment).

I have 2-3 cluster jewels for Pure Agony when I get lvl 54, but just wondering if that is what I need for the damage and speed to ramp up.

Since it first came out, HOAG received some substantial nerfs. The leveling process is where we feel that the most. As we start passing into where we can use cluster jewels, + lvl amulets and triad grip, we cross over a point where the build meets and then passes what it was pre nerf. But it takes longer and requires more investment now.

Your first big jump is actually at 38 when you slot withering touch in the 5L. This is an instant 36% more multiplier for the damage that can be felt. Also at 38 you can slot CWDT>desecrate>Spirit burst for another intermittent 20-23% more damage.

Damage and speed next go up -dramatically- when you slot your first two pure agonies at 54. On the math, those two cluster jewels will, collectively, grant you roughly 95% MORE dps. No exaggeration.

You will then notice substantial improvement (in no particular order)

1. Each time you slot an additional pure Agony from #3 to #6. (Ranging 33% more for #3 down to 25% more for #6)
2. When you get your final Ascendancy that makes taunted mobs unable to dodge.
3. When you get a 6L helm (roughly 45% More)
4. When you slot calamitous visions (25% More)
4. When you get 3W/4W triad grip gloves (33-40% more depending on timing)
5. When you get a +1/+2 ammy/lvl 21 gem/+3 helm

Each of these steps, by itself, represents a significant upgrade in the build's offense ranging (roughly) from a 25% to 45% improvement. Put altogether, they get you upwards of 2.5M Sirus dps and very decent clear speed (for a tank build)

A temporary fix that I will sometimes use is to slot war banner. This will improve the crawler's accuracy somewhat if you are finding it frustrating. It can be ditched after you are fully ascended.

Good luck making it to build completion!

-O

Dernière édition par Orion72, le 4 mai 2021 20:56:40
Would using a maloneys mechanism quiver with a curse on hit setup be worth it? Rain of arrows CoH enfeeble or something like that?
"
Orion72 a écrit :
Since it first came out, HOAG received some substantial nerfs. The leveling process is where we feel that the most. As we start passing into where we can use cluster jewels, + lvl amulets and triad grip, we cross over a point where the build meets and then passes what it was pre nerf. But it takes longer and requires more investment now.

Your first big jump is actually at 38 when you slot withering touch in the 5L. This is an instant 36% more multiplier for the damage that can be felt. Also at 38 you can slot CWDT>desecrate>Spirit burst for another intermittent 20-23% more damage.

Damage and speed next go up -dramatically- when you slot your first two pure agonies at 54. On the math, those two cluster jewels will, collectively, grant you roughly 95% MORE dps. No exaggeration.

You will then notice substantial improvement (in no particular order)

1. Each time you slot an additional pure Agony from #3 to #6. (Ranging 33% more for #3 down to 25% more for #6)
2. When you get your final Ascendancy that makes taunted mobs unable to dodge.
3. When you get a 6L helm (roughly 45% More)
4. When you slot calamitous visions (25% More)
4. When you get 3W/4W triad grip gloves (33-40% more depending on timing)
5. When you get a +1/+2 ammy/lvl 21 gem/+3 helm

Each of these steps, by itself, represents a significant upgrade in the build's offense ranging (roughly) from a 25% to 45% improvement. Put altogether, they get you upwards of 2.5M Sirus dps and very decent clear speed (for a tank build)

A temporary fix that I will sometimes use is to slot war banner. This will improve the crawler's accuracy somewhat if you are finding it frustrating. It can be ditched after you are fully ascended.

Good luck making it to build completion!

-O

Thanks so much for this explanation. Wow. Thanks so much for your time man. I'll keep it up, and it's still leveling quicker than other builds too! Excited to get this one up there :)
You are most welcome. Tbh, a good chunk of my enjoyment of the game these days is seeing people excited and having fun with a build I got them started with.

:>

-O
"
RiZZaYnE a écrit :
Would using a maloneys mechanism quiver with a curse on hit setup be worth it? Rain of arrows CoH enfeeble or something like that?

I remember experimenting with Maloneys the league it came out before it became ridiculously expensive. I think it is definitely a viable option if you have the budget and there are a range of possibilities for that slot.

I seem to recall the one I found entertaining was toxic rain (for the slow effect) which you might link to curse on hit and either Despair (if you have your white socket triad) or punishment (if you don't). The fun part, from my perspective is the potential combination of tox rain, maim from the large cluster, and hinder from Spider. . . . I spose you could also make the curse temp chains just for the memes, but even three slows should be enough to put the game into real slow motion for most encounters.

Down side from my perspective is primarily the lack of pierce, which reduces clear speed and defense a bit, and the losing another gear slot worth of rezzes on a build that is already hungry for them.

That said, if your budget is unlimited (allowing you to both buy the Maloneys and the life/rez jewels necesary to support it) Maloneys could very well be worthwhile--this is likely a matter of taste.

Do please report back if you give it a try. Particularly, if you end up doing the 4 slows meme version (Tox rain>Temp Chains w/ Maim and Aspect of the Spider), I would love to see a short video. :>

-O

Dernière édition par Orion72, le 5 mai 2021 13:43:20
"
I know it probably makes no sense but while I was working on cluster jewels I tried out enduring composure for some jug like endurance generation.
It worked surprising well with a high level immortal call + duration.

I got a belly from an Ultimatum and found it only was 600 life difference from the Kaom's. But I have no clue what 6L setups would benefit this build.

Gratz on the Belly! I think that difference may expand as you take more life nodes, but nothing wrong with that at all for the time being. As for 6L setups, for starters it means that you can use white triad grips without needing to wait for a 6L quill rain. That will be a significant dps boost.

For the 5L worth of extra slots, you can consider a CWDT>Ball lightning>GMP>Hextouch>Curse of your choice as one option. There are likely many others.

By endgame tho, I spect you will want the extra life a Kaom's provides.

Enduring composure is an interesting choice. I haven't experimented with it much and would be interested in your feedback on how much uptime you get on the charges.

-O

Dernière édition par Orion72, le 4 mai 2021 23:01:16

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires